City of Toronto HOV (DIamond) Lanes open for Motorcycles & Scooters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City of Toronto HOV (DIamond) Lanes open for Motorcycles & Scooters.

City of Toronto HOV (DIamond) Lanes open for Motorcycles & Scooters.

Sign changes have begun, we are now officially allowed in these lanes 24/7.

This is for City of Toronto HOV (Diamond) lanes only.
    It is NOT for Provincial HOV lanes (404, 403, etc).

Link to city by-law. Includes a list of streets covered.
    http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/bylaws/2008/law0378.pdf
    Until all signs are changed I would still carry a copy of said by-law, just in case.

This picture is Don Mills SB, just south of Finch @ Seneca Hill Dr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HOV.jpg  
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

Re: City of Toronto HOV (DIamond) Lanes open for Motorcycles & Scooters.

great, i was riding on the HOV lane today @ Eglinton West of Caledonia and was kinda worried that i would get pulled over. I wonder how long it would take them to change all the signs?

crap, my bike doesn't look like that silhouette. do i still qualify? or should i take my fairings off?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Alright. I'm going southbound Don Mills to work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    crap, my bike doesn't look like that silhouette. do i still qualify? or should i take my fairings off?

strip it to the frame.....lol

I took Don Mills down today and the sign changed at Seneca Hill is the only sign that has been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum P.I. View Post
    strip it to the frame.....lol
    and remove 100hp from the engine
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

Quote Originally Posted by vkhamphi View Post
    I took Don Mills down today and the sign changed at Seneca Hill is the only sign that has been replaced.
    A cop almost stopped me on Don Mills (near 401) this morning but let me go after a small chat with her partner. I don't understand why there's the one sign at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by west_m View Post
    A cop almost stopped me on Don Mills (near 401) this morning but let me go after a small chat with her partner. I don't understand why there's the one sign at this time?
    They are only changing them as part of regular maintaince.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

A woman cut me off while I was going down Don Mills yesterday. I think she was mad because she didn't realize I was allowed to be in that lane. I was right close behind a slow moving pickup and she squeezed her way in. The pickup was moving so slowly, I just changed lanes and went in front of it and her. The pickup made a right turn, I came to a stop at the next intersection, and the woman pulled up. I just turned around and stared at her, then gave my head a little shake. The best part was, I was preventing her from making a right turn because I was going straight. Luckily there was also a cyclist there, because I'm sure she would have tried to squeeze past. When the light turned green, I actually paused a bit to make her wait a liiiittle longer...

GiddyupDesi

Quote Originally Posted by Bezean View Post
    A woman cut me off while I was going down Don Mills yesterday. I think she was mad because she didn't realize I was allowed to be in that lane. I was right close behind a slow moving pickup and she squeezed her way in. The pickup was moving so slowly, I just changed lanes and went in front of it and her. The pickup made a right turn, I came to a stop at the next intersection, and the woman pulled up. I just turned around and stared at her, then gave my head a little shake. The best part was, I was preventing her from making a right turn because I was going straight. Luckily there was also a cyclist there, because I'm sure she would have tried to squeeze past. When the light turned green, I actually paused a bit to make her wait a liiiittle longer...
    flirting w/ a cage is flirting w/ death.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupDesi View Post
    flirting w/ a cage is flirting w/ death.
    That is the stupid thing about the whole situation. We were all moving so slowly, she would have had to back up and get a run at me if she wanted to do any damage.

All she had to do was drive past the slow moving pickup truck, then go into the lane I was in, but instead she shoehorned herself in were there was mabye 8 feet of space between me and the pickup (we were moving that slow!). I had to brake, let her in, then I casually made a lane change into the lane she was originally in, accellerate (but still well below the speed limit), then re-enter the HOV lane in front of them both. The pickup was moving so slow that I re-entered probably 100 feet in front of them. Stupid...

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Looks like all the signs have been updated on Don Mills and much of Eglington from what I have noticed. It's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezean View Post
    Cause your actions help solve everything. Way to draw more attention to negitive views of motorcycles.

signs have been updated on Dufferin north from Sheppard.

Between Steeles and Finch at Yonge too.

On Eglinton, between Laird and Brentcliff there is a diamond lane but it is not on the list of diamond lanes that motorcycles can use.

West of Leslie, Eglinton has many diamond lanes assigned but none of them are on the list - will it be safe to use them or should riders stay away?

Shoot.. i rode in the provincial (403) HOV lines all weekend .... thinking we're allowed and the sign is outdated.

I know better now.

Thanks GTAM

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdon View Post
    Cause your actions help solve everything. Way to draw more attention to negitive views of motorcycles.
    loosing attitude. Do you think if you're nice bike haters are going to like you? think again.

Better be carefull because it does not come in effect untill they change the signs.

2. The permitted use of plated motorcycles under this By-law in the reserved lanes under
    By-law No. 132-93 shall take effect upon the erection or display of signs authorizing the
    use of plated motorcycles at the location(s) set out in Schedule 1 to By-law No. 132-93,
    as amended.

They can still charge you till the signs are changed!!!!!!!!!!

Garry
    IBAID 26718
    BMWMOA 117552
    2011 K1600GTL NOW RIDING
    2007 Piaggio MP3 (wifes)