Buddy got 10 km/h over limit, what are his options?

Thread: Buddy got 10 km/h over limit, what are his options?

Buddy got 10 km/h over limit, what are his options?

So this being the perfect weekend for a blitz, my buddy and I were out, and he was caught doing 10 over a hundred meters or so ahead of me. He wants to not have this appear on is record for a variety of reasons, what are his options to do so? 70 km/h in a 60 km/h zone... seems like a waste to pull him over, but maybe they had a thing against bikes. There was a car in front of his bike and that car wasn't pulled over. In fact, I saw that car move to pull over, thinking he was the one nailed, but they waved him through and got my boy instead.

He says he doesn't care about the $25 or $40, and there are no demerit points either way, but wants his record to remain spotless.

This was out near Rattlesnake point.

What's his best course of action to not have a conviction?
    Last edited by viper84737; 10-10-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

Re: Buddy got 10 km/h over limit, what are his options?

Really nothing unusual here, so the sticky post above applies: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ourt-%28new%29
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Banned

so the radar went THROUGH the car and picked up you buddys speed? **** cops these days have some mad technology

btw google highway law, these people have won something like 12 out of 13 tickets for me. several of them werent even tickets but summons 6points +

I dunno, for $25, I think he's just going to end up paying it. He hasn't been caught speeding in 7 years, though I'd say like 3 of them were sans-driving of some kind, and he's new to riding, but mature and generally very responsible and aware.

So after 3 years the conviction is off his record and the "next cop" who pulls him over will see a spotless record? This is pretty educational for us both, as I am learning a lot about this sort of thing, too, it's all new to the both of us.
    With less than six months' riding experience, on my first bike -- a 600 cc, 110 BHP crotch rocket -- I rode 21,569 km around North America solo in 2011: ridermike.blogspot.com
    Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because I am living proof otherwise.

Space has a terrible secret. We are here to protect you from the terrible secret of space.

When I got pulled over for speeding a few years back, when the cop went back to his cruiser to write me a ticket, I got out of the car to plead with him. I was pleading for a warning, or anything BUT a speeding ticket (noise violation or something). He showed me my record on his computer screen, and it showed EVERY infraction I've ever made, including past "warnings" that I've gotten from other cops. He was super cool, and let me off with a warning. BUT he did put it down on my record as a warning.

So, I think the 3 years is for your ministry abstract. In fact, I think it may be 2 years. I remember hearing it's 3 years on your insurance record (once they find out about it) or 2 years on your abstract. So if his insurance does not check his abstract for 2 years, they will never know. But as far as the police record, it'll always be there.
    no bike, sold it

That's certainly interesting. I didn't know cops had full access to that information. So basically, if you've been randomly pulled over and spot-checked or anything, for any reason, even if you did nothing wrong, the fact that you've interacted with the police is there on record, for the next cop to use against you (of course this information would never be to your advantage).

Quote Originally Posted by viper84737 View Post
    That's certainly interesting. I didn't know cops had full access to that information. So basically, if you've been randomly pulled over and spot-checked or anything, for any reason, even if you did nothing wrong, the fact that you've interacted with the police is there on record, for the next cop to use against you (of course this information would never be to your advantage).
    No, not a random spot check. Just cuz you interact with them does not count against you. Remember, a spot check is not an infraction of any kind, so no reason to go on record. All mine were either past speeding infraction, fines, or warnings. Also keep in mind the officer would have to enter it into the system as a warning. In my case, he clearly informed me he will be doing that. lol
    no bike, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by mr_squid View Post
    He showed me my record on his computer screen, and it showed EVERY infraction I've ever made, including past "warnings" that I've gotten from other cops. He was super cool, and let me off with a warning. BUT he did put it down on my record as a warning.
    What brings this info up, driver's license number or plate number? I guess even if they follow you and enter a plate, it will pull up the corresponding dr lic number with whatever record.

I have been issued a warning (so they said) for speeding, but it was a case of mistaken-identity. Bunch of guys blew past me, seconds later a cop comes up behind me and pulls me over. Thanks for ****ing nothing cop.

IMO, warnings should not be allowed to go on the computer record anywhere, let alone in a cruiser, since most other cops will human-nature deduce you were guilty, but got out of it with a warning, so your good luck warnings-days become numbered. Problem with this entire scenario though, is that the warning acts like a previous ticket in terms of potential road-side trial and conviction and the whole scene is an auto-conviction without your chance in court.

I think someone with a good history of law, should challenge 'warnings' being allowed to go on computed files. Just add it to the growing number of unjust constitutional breaches we endure in the police-state provinces that make up Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_squid View Post
    No, not a random spot check. Just cuz you interact with them does not count against you. Remember, a spot check is not an infraction of any kind, so no reason to go on record. All mine were either past speeding infraction, fines, or warnings. Also keep in mind the officer would have to enter it into the system as a warning. In my case, he clearly informed me he will be doing that. lol
    In fact if the information displayed shows that you were stopped for a random document check, and you were good to go, then it could conceivably result in you not being stopped at all.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by nesobriquet View Post
    I think someone with a good history of law, should challenge 'warnings' being allowed to go on computed files. Just add it to the growing number of unjust constitutional breaches we endure in the police-state provinces that make up Canada.
    Couldn't agree more.