new suv to durham/york regions fleet - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new suv to durham/york regions fleet

Re: new suv to durham/york regions fleet

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    I don't thnk "far less to worry about' is an accurate stateemnt. Especially for someone who has to got through the system ie fingerprinted, retaining a lawyer and attending numerous court appearances until the matter is disposed of.

And the courts work very slowly indeed.Court appearances of six or seven times is not unusual in the criminal law process. And making sure you have your bail papers on you at all times in case a police officer asks you for them.

No. Not a pleaseant experience to got through at all.And still worrying about whether you will get off the charge even though you might be completely innocent.
    And that is how the justice system works. Very slow. And you can thank the defence lawyers and the judges mainly for that.

I guess the other option would be for police to just dish out the punishment at the time of the alleged offence, but then you would whine about that too.....

I guess when a suspect says, "No, I didn't do it" the cops should just let him go and forget about it.

Wouldn't even need courts, judges and lawyers than.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    And that is how the justice system works. Very slow. And you can thank the defence lawyers and the judges mainly for that.

I guess the other option would be for police to just dish out the punishment at the time of the alleged offence, but then you would whine about that too.....
    If it effects someone else, then they're all for it. It it effects them, then they aren't. I've been debating on another board with respect to why a retired guy shouldn't have been let off by the Grand Jury for shooting two thieves, he saw leaving his neighbour's property, in the back. For some reason they feel that an ordinary citizen should have the right to mete out justice, which is something that they don't trust the police to do.

Then again the incident occurred in Texas and most of those who don't seem to get it are from Austin, so.....
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I'm not whining about anything. Just taking exception to a police officer who lays a spurious charge and then the Defendant has to go through the legal system when the charge should not have been laid in the first place.

Try thinking before you criticize.

I'm not whining about anything. Just taking exception to a police officer who lays a spurious charge and then the Defendant has to go through the legal system when the charge should not have been laid in the first place.

Try thinking before you criticize.
    And who says it is or was a spurious charge??? I bet that someone could say that about every person ever charged.

Reasonable grounds gets you arrested. The courts take it from there.

P.S. The justice system works slowly because the government of Ontario has not spent the required sums of money to keep it moving smoothly. Don't believe me ask any judge or Crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    If it effects someone else, then they're all for it. It it effects them, then they aren't. I've been debating on another board with respect to why a retired guy shouldn't have been let off by the Grand Jury for shooting two thieves, he saw leaving his neighbour's property, in the back. For some reason they feel that an ordinary citizen should have the right to mete out justice, which is something that they don't trust the police to do.

Then again the incident occurred in Texas and most of those who don't seem to get it are from Austin, so.....

Shooting them in the back is wrong as it would appear they were already leaving and no longer a threat. However, I am all for the average joe being able to protect himself and his property to the best of his ability. And use the tools necessary to do this. With some restrictions in place obviously.

P.S. The justice system works slowly because the government of Ontario has not spent the required sums of money to keep it moving smoothly. Don't believe me ask any judge or Crown.
    Pay more taxes then.

Pay more taxes then.

on a side note just throwing this in

bulits are cheeper .......hell shot-gun shells can be recycled = enviromentaly friendly too

Shooting them in the back is wrong as it would appear they were already leaving and no longer a threat. However, I am all for the average joe being able to protect himself and his property to the best of his ability. And use the tools necessary to do this. With some restrictions in place obviously.
    And I agree. I believe that a citizen should have the right to use even deadly force, should he find himself confronted by a stranger in his own home. Going out into the street and confronting people while armed, then crying "self defence", just doesn't fly in my books.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Pay more taxes then.
    I'd rather that they stop mis-spending the excessive ones that I already pay, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    And I agree. I believe that a citizen should have the right to use even deadly force, should he find himself confronted by a stranger in his own home. Going out into the street and confronting people while armed, then crying "self defence", just doesn't fly in my books.
    +1 rob

Orange_One

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    How are they allowed to use farm plates?

this is getting out of hand, what's next a taxicab? why not drive around in a TTC bus

I've said it before and I'll say it again, unmarked vehicles should NOT be doing traffic enforcement and especially should not be pulling people over
    In London, ON they have a Black Ford F250, White Honda Prelude, White Acura RSX, Blue Chevy Venture Van, and a few other odd cop cars. The sportier car even try to race you and egg you on before pulling you over.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_One View Post
    In London, ON they have a Black Ford F250, White Honda Prelude, White Acura RSX, Blue Chevy Venture Van, and a few other odd cop cars. The sportier car even try to race you and egg you on before pulling you over.
    I disagree completely with that concept. The goal of traffic enforcement is to make the roads safer. Being visible makes people more cautious. An unmarked vehicle is used for ONE thing and one thing only, $$. People don't think "Hmm that F250 could be an unmarked I better be careful" but when someone sees a marked vehicle they proceed more cautious.

any officer who tries to entrap someone into racing is a disgrace to his badge

Those vehicles you describe should be used for undercover operations, catching hard drug dealers, pimps, child molesters, rapists, gang members, murderers, not to sit at the side of the road and issue people 20kph over tickets. What a disgrace.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    Those vehicles you describe should be used for undercover operations, catching hard drug dealers, pimps, child molesters, rapists, gang members, murderers, not to sit at the side of the road and issue people 20kph over tickets. What a disgrace.
    Further proof that some of you guys must be cooking with lead pots and drinking the water.

That's exactly ALL those vehicles are used for. Anybody who says different is an outright liar. If they have somebody pulled over, it aint for speeding. Far too expensive an asset to burn for ticket writing. Don't count on them ignoring somebody driving warp 9 and endangering lives, but that's not why they're out there.

I'd offer a hundred dollars for the name of ONE person who's ever been pulled over by one of these vehicles, but chances are they were being looked at for something more serious, and they're probably a liar too...

These are exactly the vehicles being used for what many around here commonly refer to as "real" police work, but believing they are just entrapping and endangering the public is much easier.
    People who do things badly are usually supremely confident of their abilities -- more confident, in fact, than people who do things well.

my experience with this un-marked cars..

I have seen on 404, 407 and 401.
    GMC Yukon Denali, Base and brown color.
    only way to recognize them is all the windows are fully tinted. when I say fully mean 100%.
    on 407 they are in 97 Ford Windstar and 2003 Ford Focus in civil dresses no lights nothing. they only have single light; no siren and nothing but they have radar guns to catch speeders
    Last edited by hindustani420; 07-06-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Smile Re: new suv to durham/york regions fleet

Fortunately you cant "unmark" the radar signal

Funny this should, I was just coming across Rossland heading west to Westney in Ajax and seen and unmarked SUV, black on black, flying with red lights flashing in in the windshield. Also, let me not forget I saw an Acura TL with lights flashing on it pulling over a Honda Civic at the on-ramp for Salem to the 401......This is crazy, just means I gotta step the game up and turn my blinders on at all times lol
    When you plan your work and work your plan, you find that God is in man.

Quote:
    At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen_1 View Post
    Funny this should, I was just coming across Rossland heading west to Westney in Ajax and seen and unmarked SUV, black on black, flying with red lights flashing in in the windshield. Also, let me not forget I saw an Acura TL with lights flashing on it pulling over a Honda Civic at the on-ramp for Salem to the 401......This is crazy, just means I gotta step the game up and turn my blinders on at all times lol
    yup ..
    OPP are really hiding now days in different cars.

I remember I got ticket 3 years back in Stoney Creek, ON.
    Forget about how fast I was going, put it this way we did not have the rule of over 50km/h but we still had law of 100% over the speed limit.

This is what happened I saw open road on 401, had rental GTP. thought lets see how fast it goes... there was this old Tempest going on 401 in same direction; I did not care about that thought it will be someone, who will think that OPP will be riding bolt of buckets. as soon as I pass him. I saw Officer sitting in there.. he was on my tail in less than 15sec.
    but officer was nice.. he reduced the charge to only 40km/over and gave me 6 points tickets. Paid the ticket but got the points off the license..

and now days law is so strict about driving/riding fast. Officers are everywhere to catch speeders.
    To Achive The Possible, We Must Attempt The Impossible.
    -----------
    02 Suzuki GSX-R600 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lazy View Post
    Further proof that some of you guys must be cooking with lead pots and drinking the water.

That's exactly ALL those vehicles are used for. Anybody who says different is an outright liar. If they have somebody pulled over, it aint for speeding. Far too expensive an asset to burn for ticket writing. Don't count on them ignoring somebody driving warp 9 and endangering lives, but that's not why they're out there.

I'd offer a hundred dollars for the name of ONE person who's ever been pulled over by one of these vehicles, but chances are they were being looked at for something more serious, and they're probably a liar too...

These are exactly the vehicles being used for what many around here commonly refer to as "real" police work, but believing they are just entrapping and endangering the public is much easier.
    Agreed 100%...even "unmarked" traffic cars are Still obvious to most people...
    Those "other" cars, with just the light on the dash are probably pulling people over for something a tad more serious than speeding...