if I wanted to get into dirt...

Thread: if I wanted to get into dirt...

if I wanted to get into dirt...

If I wanted to get into some dirty riding are there tracks or places for beginners to give it a try before buying my own dirt bike?

Re: if I wanted to get into dirt...

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    If I wanted to get into some dirty riding are there tracks or places for beginners to give it a try before buying my own dirt bike?
    How serious are you..? , have you ever rode a dirtbike before...?

MotoPark offers rentals, not sure of the price... though..

www.motoparkracing.com

Check it out.

Here are a couple other options:

http://cmts.org/

http://www.trailtour.com/
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    How serious are you..? , have you ever rode a dirtbike before...?

MotoPark offers rentals, not sure of the price... though..

www.motoparkracing.com

Check it out.

Well I am serious about trying it to see how I like it. I have never ridden dirt unless you call gravel roads dirt, which I love by the way.

Thanks for the links all, I would not be looking to actually try till next year as its a full year with a few bike trips and other things.

Well I am serious about trying it to see how I like it. I have never ridden dirt unless you call gravel roads dirt, which I love by the way.

Thanks for the links all, I would not be looking to actually try till next year as its a full year with a few bike trips and other things.
    Well keep me in mind when your ready to have a try, your welcome to tag along on one of our "easy" trail rides, I can spot you a bike for a day also.

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post
    Well keep me in mind when your ready to have a try, your welcome to tag along on one of our "easy" trail rides, I can spot you a bike for a day also.

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind, I appreciate that. Where abouts do you go for your "easy" trail rides? And what are you riding?

Thanks, I will definitely keep that in mind, I appreciate that. Where abouts do you go for your "easy" trail rides? And what are you riding?
    I go into my backyard lol I live in the middle of the trail system so i ride the main trails... i got just around a section thats very easy and takes about an hr to ride...

I ride a CRF450, I would find you something much smaller to ride unless your big enough / comfortable enough to ride something alike.

Well I am big enough at 6,1 230 pounds. And my bike is a big boy to, a BMW R1200GS. I have been riding street for 12 years. I know dirt is different but I am confident in my throttle control and I have alot of respect for motorcycles, not an abuser.

Well I am big enough at 6,1 230 pounds. And my bike is a big boy to, a BMW R1200GS. I have been riding street for 12 years. I know dirt is different but I am confident in my throttle control and I have alot of respect for motorcycles, not an abuser.
    Then im quite sure you would be able to handle any bike we have.

He's lying about those easy trail rides! I have been on his rides bahaha. It either consisted of 4' deep swamps about 2 kms long or rocky motocross tracks with burms so loose and sandy every time you hit one you go right through it lol
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

I seem to remember reading something about banger and a swamp as well...

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    He's lying about those easy trail rides! I have been on his rides bahaha. It either consisted of 4' deep swamps about 2 kms long or rocky motocross tracks with burms so loose and sandy every time you hit one you go right through it lol
    That wasn't an easy trail, that was a beginner one Easy comes next

In all seriousness... there is plenty of easy trails to ride....

Quote Originally Posted by eightyeightfifty View Post
    I seem to remember reading something about banger and a swamp as well...
    Ahem.........
    Last edited by Banger; 10-27-2008 at 10:10 PM.

m2xrider

After having two days of off-roading classes; one with CMT and one with TrailTours, I think I get hooked and want some more dirt and mud. Also not sure how I can get started. Properly buying my own bike is cheaper than going to the classes, but there are so many bikes to choose ... also not sure is there any beginner rider group I can join.

Quote Originally Posted by m2xrider View Post
    After having two days of off-roading classes; one with CMT and one with TrailTours, I think I get hooked and want some more dirt and mud. Also not sure how I can get started. Properly buying my own bike is cheaper than going to the classes, but there are so many bikes to choose ... also not sure is there any beginner rider group I can join.
    Its all about seat time, where are you from???

m2xrider

I live in Markham. I realized that you guys go out weekly on THU, hope can join you guys someday. Anyone know about any easy trials around Markham area?

Quote Originally Posted by m2xrider View Post
    I live in Markham. I realized that you guys go out weekly on THU, hope can join you guys someday. Anyone know about any easy trials around Markham area?
    Thursday is something I just started doing, I pretty much ride everyday of the week, and then on weekends when I don't have my kids...

So PM when your down for a ride.

I'd also be very intersted in comming out for a beginners dirt ride. Swamps and all!
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    I'd also be very intersted in comming out for a beginners dirt ride. Swamps and all!
    Im always good to lead a ride through my neck of the woods... the key is posting something up or PM me and Im in...