What do I need to ride Ganaraska?

Thread: What do I need to ride Ganaraska?

What do I need to ride Ganaraska?

I know I need an offroad plate/insurance but what else? Do I need to meet certain sound requirements? I have an RMZ 450 with the stock pipe on it. Its still pretty loud though...

I don't need lights or anything do I??

Re: What do I need to ride Ganaraska?

Quote Originally Posted by resonantfreq View Post
    I know I need an offroad plate/insurance but what else? Do I need to meet certain sound requirements? I have an RMZ 450 with the stock pipe on it. Its still pretty loud though...

I don't need lights or anything do I??

You need green/blue plates, insurance. Also your daily ganny pass...

Motorized Vehicle Operation
    Operation of motorized vehicles must comply with the provisions of the Highway Traffic Act, the Motorized Snow Vehicle Act and the Off Road Vehicle Act, and the following regulations when operating on Forest property:
    • Motorized vehicles must be registered with the Ministry of Transportation and display licence plates as issued by a motor vehicle licence office.
    • Motorized vehicles must be covered by liability insurance. The driver of the vehicle must carry proof of insurance.
    • The Off-Road Vehicle act states that off-road vehicles may not be driven along a highway which includes, but is not limited to, all maintained municipal roads.
    • Operators of off-road vehicles require the permission of land owners to ride on all trails on private land including those shown as snowmobile trails on the forest map.
    • Motorized vehicles are to use only existing trails.
    • Motorized snow vehicles must not exceed 50 km. per hour. Other motorized vehicles must not exceed 40 km. per hour.
    • Motorcycles and off-road vehicles (any two or more wheeled vehicle designed primarily for recreational use) must comply with noise limits and standards as set by the Canadian Motorcycle Association.
    Information takened from...

http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm#fees

Quote Originally Posted by ts View Post
    [*]Motorcycles and off-road vehicles (any two or more wheeled vehicle designed primarily for recreational use) must comply with noise limits and standards as set by the Canadian Motorcycle Association.[/LIST]Information takened from...

http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htm#fees
    the noise limit part is what I'm worried about though...

Quote Originally Posted by resonantfreq View Post
    the noise limit part is what I'm worried about though...
    If your running a stock bike and stock pipe you should be just fine.

you will be fine, you wont be the only one with a 450 out there.
    Yellow fever!!! I love Japanese........Bikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SVHenn View Post
    you will be fine, you wont be the only one with a 450 out there.
    yeah, I figured...thanks!

any tips on the closest parking area and where to get a day pass if I'm coming up 115?

115 north, just as you pass 35 you get off at Boundry Road and head east on the dirt road, after you pass the gravel pit on the south side of the road, you will see entry in to the parking spots, there are lots of places to park.
    Have fun

The easiest place to get your passes is at the Petro Canada station near there but getting to it is a little goofy.

Take Hwy 115 north about 15 minutes till you see the 2nd Petro Canada, it's on the southbound side and there is a Tim Horton's there too. But because it's on the southbound side you have to go past it, then loop back to it.

So go past it by a few minutes, get off at Hwy 35 but just go over the bridge and up the hill a bit and take the 1st left to get back onto hwy 115 going south. Go back to the PetroCan/Tim Hortons. Go into the PetroCan station/variety store and you can buy your passes there. They are $20 for motorized use. (It's expensive but it's a very well looked after forest which is sign posted and mapped. $100 for a 1 year pass.) They will give you a photocopied map but it's pretty useless, so ask to buy the colour map for $5.

Then you get back on the hwy going south and take the 1st exit, loop over the bridge and get back on the hwy heading north again. Get off at Boundary Rd, head east 1km past gravel pit to small sign saying Offroad vehicle parking, go in there and park somehwere on left side, if P2 lot is full, can turn right from that lot and go around to lot P3.

Treat it like a conservation area, take out what you brought in, ie- don't leave any trash behind. You may get asked to see your pass by a ranger in a pickup or ATV or by another rider who is a volunteer.

Have fun!

yup. I rode a cr 250 there a few weeks back.