So the Tased another one to death.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So the Tased another one to death....

Re: So the Tased another one to death....

Quote Originally Posted by dropgear View Post
    Oh handguns are made to kill people, with no other purpose other than to kill people (or practice for killing people at the range) .. they're small so you can hide them, carry them around all the time, just in case you need to kill someone. Rifles are different. Handguns, boy, I just wish the factories stopped making them today and forever.
    I'll disagree with this one, seems like another Bill 203...registered & licensed owners are being punished for crimes that are committed with illegal (probably from the US) handguns...

I don't go to the range to practice killing people...nor do i go on the 401 to practice for the Indy 500.

Put these (illegal) gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes away for life, no parole, no nothing...

You can ban every weapon out there, the crimes are STILL going to happen!

My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    Smoking blintz & Banger

Here is the true Crux of the issue,

With a bullet you KNOW that if it hits its intended target, that target will more than likely die, Regardless of age / strength / sex / health.

But with voltage weapons there are SO many factors in regards to the individual that the officer in his 20 second interaction with the target cannot possibly know.

Sure they may be less than lethal IF that target is healthy,
    But let’s say he has a serious heart condition, more than likely that taeseing event will not have a mutually beneficial outcome.

There are better less than lethal tools available that does not need on a “healthy” target.

Keeping this type of scenario in mind it is very easy to understand why the public do not like these tools.

So now once you take into account that the officer does NOT know how that target will be effected personally (due to what ever reason, old age, asthma, bad heart valve)
    That less than lethal weapon is actually VERY risky, as you do not know what the outcome will be, you are merely hoping that person is in the shape you where in during your training.

If you do not know for certain the actions a tool of force will inflict…..
    You should NOT be using that tool.

If the taser is used in PROPER use of force situations, it should not matter what the outcome is.

dropgear

No you're missing the crux of my objection to handguns: they serve no other practical purpose than to kill a person, or to threaten to kill a person. It's made to kill people, straight out of the factory. Stopping power, muzzle velocity, all of those just measurements of killing related properties.

Motorcycles, they're for transport and sport. Ball bats, are for baseball. Very specific purposes, very non-murder related.

I didn't say they should be illegal .. I just wish they didn't exist and never, ever be produced again.

I hope my anti-devices-made-for-killing-people principle isn't too objectionable.

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    nor do i go on the 401 to practice for the Indy 500.
    That right there made my day

I'll disagree with this one, seems like another Bill 203...registered & licensed owners are being punished for crimes that are committed with illegal (probably from the US) handguns...

I don't go to the range to practice killing people...nor do i go on the 401 to practice for the Indy 500.

Put these (illegal) gun-toting Hip gangster wannabes away for life, no parole, no nothing...

You can ban every weapon out there, the crimes are STILL going to happen!

My $0.02
    I agree.

No you're missing the crux of my objection to handguns: they serve no other practical purpose than to kill a person, or to threaten to kill a person. It's made to kill people, straight out of the factory. Stopping power, muzzle velocity, all of those just measurements of killing related properties.

Motorcycles, they're for transport and sport. Ball bats, are for baseball. Very specific purposes, very non-murder related.

I didn't say they should be illegal .. I just wish they didn't exist and never, ever be produced again.

I hope my anti-devices-made-for-killing-people principle isn't too objectionable.
    I agree with you to some extent, which put me in the hot seat a few weeks back. Just informing you what you let out of the bag. Be prepared to have a lot coming.

So if it is made for "killing" it is bad, but if it kills regularly even though it is not made specifically for that reason, than it is ok????

dropgear

Oh I know the gun owners will want to tell me all about how if guns are illegal, only criminals will have handguns. And this and that and rights and ranges.

And I'll respond in the same way: they exist, so they should be legal. I just wish they didn't exist. I feel the same way about about anything that is meant purely to kill people. Gullotines, bats with nails in them covered in barbed wire, floors with rotating saw blades, pits with spikes with feces on the end of the spikes. All those things, generally opposed to.

You have a valid point, but technically, every gun is made for killing...

PS - i truly hate the 401, i prefer the 407...

It's not the police i have trouble with: it's the technology itself, and more often than not, the reporting.

I don't want Tasers in my community. Much in the same way I wish that handguns didn't exist, and nuclear bombs weren't used as economic deterrent. But that's just me.
    I agree.
    its not the police using the tasers..
    its the tasers..

its like taking pills that 90% of the time help you.. the other 10% they'll kill you, but the manufacturer doesn't tell you

cough cough**pfizer

cough cough**

Oh I know the gun owners will want to tell me all about how if guns are illegal, only criminals will have handguns. And this and that and rights and ranges.

And I'll respond in the same way: they exist, so they should be legal. I just wish they didn't exist. I feel the same way about about anything that is meant purely to kill people. Gullotines, bats with nails in them covered in barbed wire, floors with rotating saw blades, pits with spikes with feces on the end of the spikes. All those things, generally opposed to.
    Mortal Kombat?

Mortal Kombat?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Thats 2!!!! I like this guy!

dropgear

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    So if it is made for "killing" it is bad, but if it kills regularly even though it is not made specifically for that reason, than it is ok????
    If it's made expressedly for killing, I think it is bad, yes.

If it is a non-killing-device that kills regularly, I'd ask you to define "regularly." If it indeed is regularly enough (thousands per year?) I'd suggest regulating them with some sort of training and licensing procedure, akin to a "drivers license" and "license plates." I'd put in place a system of compensation and add that to the cost of ownership of that thing.

If it cannot be regulated, I'd approach the manufacturers to somehow diminish the lethal force of whatever thing they're making. Odds are they don't want their thing to kill people either. Safety can be a selling feature, even.

If all that fails, then I'd just let it be, and hope that nature sorts it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - Thats 2!!!! I like this guy!
    I have this sudden urge to go home and dust off the Super Nintendo!

If the taser is used in PROPER use of force situations, it should not matter what the outcome is.
    I will have to disagree with you here,

based on the fact it is deemed a "LESS THAN LETHAL" tool.

If that is the intended use by or polices services.
    then you MUST either remove that moniker and public impression, stop using it as a first reponse tool OR cease to use it all toghter.

you cannot call both sides of a coin in a coin toss.
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

It is not deemed "less than lethal"......it is deemed "less lethal".

I have this sudden urge to go home and dust off the Super Nintendo!
    No man! Sega all the way!

It is not deemed "less than lethal"......it is deemed "less lethal".
    I'll take my chances with less lethal.

wow.....that's a loaded statement

so if buddy is hammered, out of control, non-compliant, abusive, irrational, borderline retarded, and severely depressed......and he gets planted forever cause of the "proper use of force" protocal with regard an electronic zapper ......then that's acceptable?

here I thought....signing up to the force knowing that you might get bruised, cut, broken etc, while phsyically taking down those who were non-compliant, abusive, irrational, borderline retarded, out of control ******-bags - was part of the reason the pay and benefits were generous.....and the praise from the community for your efforts were applauded

well....if it's now come too "which devise do we yank from our belts" according to the written protocal - then someone has lost the plot

I do not envy the job a cop has to do, tough as hell when you add the years together, and I respect the dedication and sacrifice - but please do us a favour on public forums and hold back with the "it should not matter what the outcome is"

if the outcome doesn't matter.....then we don't need the force out there

Quote Originally Posted by SiNNeR View Post
    I will have to disagree with you here,

based on the fact it is deemed a "LESS THAN LETHAL" tool.

If that is the intended use by or polices services.
    then you MUST either remove that moniker and public impression, stop using it as a first reponse tool OR cease to use it all toghter.

you cannot call both sides of a coin in a coin toss.
    that was surprising really well put.
    My hat goes off to you sir...
    you've impressed me... which is not an easy task..

oh look a butterfly...
    (chasing butterfly)