Hypermotard

Thread: Hypermotard

Hypermotard

Rode the Hypermotard at a Demo Ride, awesome bike. Handles great for a big bike. Sadly I had to ride home on my little DRZ.
    Last edited by b8483; 09-03-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Re: Hypermotard

Wicked looking bike but from what I've read it is not an SM at all, but rather a really nice naked SS.

Quote Originally Posted by fubar79 View Post
    Wicked looking bike but from what I've read it is not an SM at all, but rather a really nice naked SS.
    Be hard to mistake what it is by just looking at it. Not exactly a motarded 450. Maybe "Hyper" refers to the engine size? And overal weight.

But because of the overall weight and engine size it doesnt handle/ride like an SM.

dropgear

that's cool though .. in terms of aesthetics, it kills it. though i would have preferred a solo seat.

yeah, i saw an all black one at a dealership, looks really nice, but since i don't come from a dirtbike background, i was not impressed with the ride...had it out on a demo day...kept finding myself sliding forward on the seat, just not as comfortable as my baby duc...not for me, but seem a few around town...very light throttle through, have to be careful with that one...what i did like is the excelleration on it, didn't have to try too hard to please me...

I rode the non s at the Ducati demo day. the bike is a BLAST to ride. Not much in
    the way of top end, but a big fat midrange.
    The seating postion with the standard seat pushes you really forward, like right onto the tank. With the Ducati Performance seat, you sit on the seat lol. Much better.
    The pegs are right off a dirt bike, big and grippy, and you take a lot of wind to the chest/head.
    The motor is acutally pretty smoothe. I hit the rev limiter a couple times not noticing i was that high up. Stock exhaust is waaaayyy to quiet as well.
    It would be a great city bike, or back road carver. But for anything more than 15-20min highway use at a time, it would get old fast.
    For the price too, i felt it a tad on the slow side. Thats really what stopped me from buying it. It honestly did not feel much faster than my monster 620