Looking for suggestions, July Day Trip

Thread: Looking for suggestions, July Day Trip

Looking for suggestions, July Day Trip

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions for some good riding roads that I can hit up in early July. I've heard names tossed about and such but I'd like to get some real opinions on where to go and what routes to take and avoid.

I'm going to be heading out shortly after the morning rush (from Mississauga) and returning early evening on a Monday. Route should contain maximum fun factor through twisty roads and good surfaces, and a good restaraunt here or there certainly wouldn't hurt.

I've been thinking about Hockley road et al but I'm really not very familiar with the area or surrounding roads so please, put your two cents in so I can review and start planning.

If anyones up for joining, say so! Looking to take a smaller group to keep the pace a little quicker, but a group none the less. Would love to have a more experienced rider join us and maybe offer some critique/advice etc in return for dinner

Cambro

Re: Looking for suggestions, July Day Trip

I've gone through Hockley before and it was great. A buddy and I didnt know where to ride so we followed his dad's group up to the Forks of the Credit ( about 25kms northwest of Bramton). It's a narrow road that runs along the Credit river. It's pretty cool and there is a place to stop for food right at the begining of that road. The trail road isnt that long but the surrounding area is nice. You could ride a little north of there and I remember hitting a small town. It was pretty good, after all, me and my buddy were on sportbikes and they were on cruisers and everyone gets along. Don't remeber details on roads but I do remember going strait up Hurontario till the end. It wasnt far from there. Look it up on Google or something, you should find it, it's a provincial park. Hockley isnt far from there either.

a day trip would be up north through algonquin park. at least burn off a tank of gas or 3. hockley and the forks of the credit will have you home by lunch if you leave at 9am

yup def looking for a longer trip

know of a good algonquin loop?

SOAR Novice #113