Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com?

Re: Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com?

Time to update this.

I bought the jacket last May, so I haven't quite had it a year. Quality is mediocre, at best, which I guess shouldn't be a surprise given the price.

Specific comments as either pros (+) or cons (-):
    + Fit is very good in the sense that their size chart is pretty accurate for the jacket I bought.
    + Armor is good, stays in place well and seems to be very tough. I haven't pulled the back protector out yet (I have separate one.) to see how it fits with the separate back protector, but I think it will be fine.
    + perforations in the upper torso/chest area flow air very well and this jacket breathes very nicely as long as I am moving.

- Some of the corner stitches are already fraying/unravelling (up by the outer zipper).
    - The velcro on the cuffs is practically worthless, the cuff tabs are too thick/stiff for the velcro to hold it. After just a few months, the actual velcro started to fray, making it even worse.
    - The quilted liner barely makes a difference in cooler weather. It does nothing to really slow the air down (see the comment above about the perforations) and other than adding bulk, doesn't make the jacket noticeably warmer in cool weather.

I just got the pants last week and they also seem to fit well.

Now, here's my big complaint:

The full length zipper that attaches the jacket to the pants is sewed on backwards. So I can't actually attach them! The short zipper at the back is correct, so at least that is better than nothing.

My big complaint is about their customer service though, the only thing the offered was to let me send the pants back for a refund. They can't tell me which way the zipper is supposed to go, so if I exchange the pants (I already waited several months for them to get my size), I may not be able to replace them, or the replacement might have the same problem if the jacket is what's wrong.

So I'm still going to wind up paying another $50-$80 to get the zipper fixed, have the seams repaired, and replace the velcro with snaps or better velcro.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend buying a set from jackets4bikes.com, although individual components (like gloves) might be fine.

Totally junk. Prices too low to justify any kind of quality. No discernible brand names. Looks like they get all their stuff from your garden variety Sialkot (Pakistan) factory. We must get about 20 solicitations a day from garbage makers like the one they're being supplied by. C'mon people it's not how much you're saving but how much you're compromising.
    "...with extreme prejudice."
    www.mapleafmoto.com

Their Gloves are great.

Very little problems
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by MapleafMike View Post
    Totally junk. Prices too low to justify any kind of quality. No discernible brand names. Looks like they get all their stuff from your garden variety Sialkot (Pakistan) factory. We must get about 20 solicitations a day from garbage makers like the one they're being supplied by. C'mon people it's not how much you're saving but how much you're compromising.

Funny, I just noticed my high quality all weather BMW Motorrad gloves were made in Pakistan. For what they cost and the quality that went into them, you would think they were hand made in Italy or Germany.

Think twice next time before making blanket statements about items made in other countries.

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Nexo gear is from Pakistan too.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36

Everything is made in Pakistan/Bangladesh/China/Taiwan

Only difference is how much the brand/distributor is willing to pay the factory for quality control.
    http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1015/batmanp.gif<--Badass

All my gloves are from Jackets4bikes.com

My very first pair of gloves were these Leather & Mesh gloves:

Have had them for almost 4 seasons. I still own and use them. The Velcro around the wrist straps is starting to come off....and the fabric parts near the finger tips are fraying from use and contact with the Velcro. They are comfy and have well ventilated air vents on the fingers.

I also have a pair of these armored mesh gloves:

Have had them for over a season. Well over 8,000kms. Used them for 90&#37; of my trip to Cape Breton and back. No problems.
    I love wearing these. Comfy. Airy. Very dexterous.

I also have a pair of these Cordura Waterproof gloves:

Havent used them much since I only wear them in heavy rain. I rode through the Cabot Trail with them on in heavy rain. By the end of the day my hands were clammy and moist but not soaked through and not cold at all.
    They are tough and stiff. Not alot of easy movement in these.
    Last edited by slowbird; 04-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36