Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com?

Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com?

http://www.jackets4bikes.com/

Looks like they have quality stuff, but I haven't been able to find any reviews anywhere.

They seem to have very good prices....semingly too good, but reasonable prices aren't always an indicator of low quality.

Re: Anyone heard of jackets4bikes.com?

I don't know about "quality stuff", the leather is really thin, a lot of that stuff is on ebay.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

looks like same stuff as www.jafrum.com which is where I got my leather jacket...good quality, thick leather.

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    I don't know about "quality stuff", the leather is really thin, a lot of that stuff is on ebay.
    jackets4bikes has a full ebay store, yeah.

1.5mm leather is about the same as most other manufacturers. I guess the real question is the quality of the leather, and the workmanship in the stitching.

I'm not going into full out roadracing, but I might want to do a trackday on occasion, so I do need some decent leathers.

I'll keep looking around, but this one is getting bookmarked for reference.

yeah, the thin reference was to some of the jackets on the site only being 1.2mm thick. I would buy one of those jackets as a second jacket. But I'll wait until you buy first and then give your feedback.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

looking at the womens jackets ....looks like they have Joe rocket Trixie jackets.....but no mention of the names of these and cheap....need one for my GF....are these knock offs?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post

Looks like they have quality stuff, but I haven't been able to find any reviews anywhere.

They seem to have very good prices....semingly too good, but reasonable prices aren't always an indicator of low quality.

i bought a no-name cordura jacket off them from ebay a couple weeks ago.... no complaints, does the job, but not top of the line... i'm getting much better name-brand gear soon

but the prices are pretty good, and quality seems to be alright

i bought their cheop-o gloves, they'r worth their money. For under $20 (no armor) its a lot of quality for very little money.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldtraveller View Post

I have purchased from them, good service, good price, quality not the greatest but I've seen worst for more expensive. I bought some leather pants which are actually very good, and two pairs of gloves, first pair didn't last too long 6 months max with some rough use, but it costed $16 plus, second pair all leather and armored costed $40 but they're still in great shape, I expect them to last a good couple of seasons if not more. I'm also planning to buy a pair of boots from them, like I said, good service, relative good quality for that money.
    Slow down , keep leaning and you'll be alright.

Try leatherup.com I ordered from them, lots of brand names and pretty cheap too. ( only in pricing )
    It dosen't matter what you ride.
    It only matters that you ride.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbarianSam View Post
    Try leatherup.com I ordered from them, lots of brand names and pretty cheap too. ( only in pricing )
    I got my boots from leatherup.

I'm thinking I might get myself a set of leathers for xmas. Then save up for a custom one piece when I decide to start doing track days.

Well, I decided to try out the gloves for $40 before spending ~$350 on a full set of leathers (not that that's a lot of money for leathers...).

I have been wearing them for about a week now, and they seem to be decent quality. the leather is a little stiff, but breaking in nicely. The size large fits nice and snug without being too tight. Make sure you check their size chart, it seems pretty accurate. Not sure why I'm a 'large' for gloves, but pretty much a meduim when it comes to any other clothing, but oh well....

The negatives:
    Slightly stiff leather. A little caveat here, though. I haven't worn a new pair of gauntlet style leather gloves in over 15 years (been away from bikes a long time!) so they may be normal in that regards. I wish some local shops had some A*s or other race style gauntlet gloves to at least try on and compare. Just in a couple of days, I have noticed they are breaking in and getting more comfortable.

Some uncomfortable seams on the inside at the wrist. The seams right near where the velcro wrist strap is are a bit rough cut on the inside and scratch my wrist (on the bottom, outside), especially on the left gauntlet. This too, has improved though, as the gloves wear a bit. I looked inside the glove and that seam appears to be flattening out a bit.

The vents on top of the fingers could be located about 1/2 cm further up the finger. A couple of them seem to be located right where my knuckle is, making the fingers very stiff to bend.

The colored parts of the leather are a little rough cut. That's not necessarily a negative, some people wil probably prefer that look, but I would have preferred if the open edges were rolled, or otherwise finished off a little more cleanly.

Positives: Good fit, the jackets4bikes sizing guide seems to be pretty accurate for this pair of gloves.

Cheap! Did I mention these are a full gauntlet race style glove for $40 (US)??

They seem solidly constructed with a hard carbon fiber looking knuckle protector, double stitching around a lot of the seams and double layers in the critical areas. The primary strap at the wrist, and secondary strap at the cuff (both velcro) are a nice touch, and my impression is that these gloves will really stay on in a crash if the primary strap is secure.

These gloves really vent air! They are almost as cool as my Icon mesh gloves even in 80F degree weather!

More later. I want to wear these for a few months and see how they hold up. If they do well, I will most likely lurchase a jacket/pants from them as well.
    Last edited by Worldtraveller; 03-26-2010 at 05:19 PM.

I have their XR Vented Leather armor Jacket. Last years model. I think these jackets are made by one manufacturer and re-branded by many companies. Mine was made by (or at least sold by) another company in the US. The quality is very decent. The price is good, however, factor in shipping from the US and conversion and you're looking at $150 CDN assuming you don't get dinged for customs. For $50 bucks more you're looking at a Nexo Nforce Leather jacket with full armour that you can go in and try on to ensure it fits properly. I have a Nexo Promon PVC armored jacket for summer riding and it fits and feels real nice.

It might be better to spend the little extra for something better...I'm just saying.

Happy Shopping!

their 6 Pack jacket looks like a ripoff of the icon timax 2 jacket.

2007 Lotus Exige S ~ the grocery-getter
    2004 ZX6R ~ the daily commuter (sold)
    2005 GSXR 1000 ~ the scary thing in my garage (sold to my insurer lol)
    2007 GSXR 1000 ~ the newer scary thing in my garage

I bought 2 pairs of gloves from them.

A cold weather set and a vented/armored set.

Both are great...the cold weather ones are a bit stiff....otherwise no problems.
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Quote Originally Posted by Kibosh3 View Post
    their 6 Pack jacket looks like a ripoff of the icon timax 2 jacket.
    Could very well be made on the same assembly line in China minus the Icon brand name. Not saying it is, but I've seen numerous other products outsourced from China being sold under various brand names at varying prices for the exact same product

Well, I have to say the gloves seem to be breaking in nicely. They are pretty comfortable even on some of the longer rides I've done, and almost as cool as my mesh gloves. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the jacket soon, and get the pants at least before I go on my trip to Colorado. I wish I could find a one piece equivalent, but since I won't be on a track any time soon, the extra flexibility of the two piece is nice.

I can always wear the textile pants with the leather jacket on the warmer days.

I'm open for boot recommendations.

just received my gloves from them
    so far so good
    the leather is pretty much 1.5 mm like the previous pair i had
    more comfy actually this one is.

Their Breathable Waterproof gloves are AWESOME!
    -Matt
    1997 VFR750F RC36
    1986 VFR750F Honda Interceptor (sold)
    1986 Honda Interceptor VF500 (sold)
    enhanced by Platinum Powersports

Banned

5 piece armor inserts for jackets are 25 bucks plus like 8 bucks shipping. Thats cheap, I think I'm going to order a set for me and my wife, loosk better than the crap joe rocket puts in