Weekday Evening Rides

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekday Evening Rides

Weekday Evening Rides

My friend and I used to go riding a lot in North Pickering.
    I don't want to list the area publicly really, but if anyone wants to go for a weekday evening ride let us know.

Located about 15 minutes outside toronto. There is some nice trails and pitt areas to hit up, with a couple river crossings if anyone is interested. Not bad for a weekday thing.

Never had any issues or hassles from cops in the 5 years we been riding there. Although, its kinda a "grey" area persay.

Dual sports are welcome, if not encouraged!
    I'm thinking Mondays, but I'm just throwing it out there...what you think?
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Re: Weekday Evening Rides

I could be up for a few runs depending on what time you go. I used to ride in there when I was a kid. Afriend at the time lived in one of the houses that backed onto the area so that is always how we got in. I'm not sure on the other ways. There is also some decent riding north of Oshawa. But I'm sure you already know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Z1K View Post
    I could be up for a few runs depending on what time you go. I used to ride in there when I was a kid. Afriend at the time lived in one of the houses that backed onto the area so that is always how we got in. I'm not sure on the other ways. There is also some decent riding north of Oshawa. But I'm sure you already know about it.
    Yup, most definitely know the Oshawa areas well But that is more of a weekend thing.

I think Banger was saying she's down for some weeknight rides as well. Don't worry about getting into the Pickering areas there are lots of ways I will be sure to send you a PM in the near future when we are heading out there

Sounds good.

I'd love to join but i dont get home from work (Toronto - Barrie ) until about 6pm and I usually ride everynight where I live...

We ride from about 6:15-9:30ish give or take a few....

But if you do a Saturday thing let me know and Im in.

As you stated I said I was in for maybe one night a week. Only issue is bike is at 23's place so I would have to bring it home. It can stay at Aliki's place though so this is sounding more do-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    As you stated I said I was in for maybe one night a week. Only issue is bike is at 23's place so I would have to bring it home. It can stay at Aliki's place though so this is sounding more do-able.
    Sweet you mean I can have my shed back lol

Im doing your sprocket tonight since Mission has my bike again today... Holeshot, Quickshot and pipe should be installed today as well as a rejet....

Should have her back on Wednesday afternoon, Mark bring your *** to Barrie.... I need someone to keep me on my toes J/K...

Quote Originally Posted by 23 View Post

Im doing your sprocket tonight since Mission has my bike again today... Holeshot, Quickshot and pipe should be installed today as well as a rejet....

Should have her back on Wednesday afternoon, Mark bring your *** to Barrie.... I need someone to keep me on my toes J/K...

Just for that ... I am bringing Aliki's bike up to keep in your shed. The 450 can sleep under the stars

Mark you do need to come up Thursday. Couple hours of riding! We are going to Borden after to Bleachers which is the bar on base to visit my buddies for wings. Anyone is invited if you don't mind a whole bunch of army people.

Oh I am brilliant!!! Mark, if you want I can swing by your place after work on thursday (since I get off so early ) and load your bike for ya in my truck, then all you have to do is get to my place after work and we can go up!

Just for that ... I am bringing Aliki's bike up to keep in your shed. The 450 can sleep under the stars

Mark you do need to come up Thursday. Couple hours of riding! We are going to Borden after to Bleachers which is the bar on base to visit my buddies for wings. Anyone is invited if you don't mind a whole bunch of army people.
    Na in that case my 450 can snuggle with me in bed

Holy f, now THAT's what I'm talkin about! I have a quickshot on my bike too and it made a huge difference! What pipe did you get her? Wow you have done a lot to help Banger out on her bike, that's badass! Rejet is a good idea, cross the fingers!

Oh I am brilliant!!! Mark, if you want I can swing by your place after work on thursday (since I get off so early ) and load your bike for ya in my truck, then all you have to do is get to my place after work and we can go up!
    Oh maaaaaaaaan, I want to come up sooooooooo bad you don't even know! I've already called in sick a couple times this spring to go dirtbiking lol and I think they are starting to clue in. I'm thinking maybe I should save the next one until you guys do Motopark. Craaap!!

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    Holy f, now THAT's what I'm talkin about! I have a quickshot on my bike too and it made a huge difference! What pipe did you get her? Wow you have done a lot to help Banger out on her bike, that's badass! Rejet is a good idea, cross the fingers!

Oh maaaaaaaaan, I want to come up sooooooooo bad you don't even know! I've already called in sick a couple times this spring to go dirtbiking lol and I think they are starting to clue in. I'm thinking maybe I should save the next one until you guys do Motopark. Craaap!!
    I went with the Silent Q4, My bike is so loud right now my freaking ears ring like hell.....

Mark do you work nights or something, can you not make it to Barrie for around 6ish??

DUDE! You don't jave to call in sick! Were going up in the evening. You can come with us after work and don't you complain cause I have to be up at 0600

Yes, 23 is awesome for fixing my bike. I should repay the favor some how.

DUDE! You don't jave to call in sick! Were going up in the evening. You can come with us after work and don't you complain cause I have to be up at 0600

Yes, 23 is awesome for fixing my bike. I should repay the favor some how.
    You can repay the favour by beating on the YZF over and over again like it should be riden.... I was super impressed on how well you took it around the track.... now lets do it again!!!!!!

No repayment required, i enjoy working on bikes

Ohhh! 6pm!
    I'm down then! I'll call up my other buddy and see what he's sayin too.

I still have to change the oil and stuff from the last ride I went on and I bailed. I hope I didn't get water in the engine but I think I'm ok.

Feel free to do my valves. lol

You can repay the favour by beating on the YZF over and over again like it should be riden.... I was super impressed on how well you took it around the track.... now lets do it again!!!!!!

You are too sweet...
    At least let me cover the beer again when we go riding.

Ohhh! 6pm!

I still have to change the oil and stuff from the last ride I went on and I bailed. I hope I didn't get water in the engine but I think I'm ok.

YAY! I knew we'd win! Get your buddy out too! Doesn't Felix ride? Sp how do you want to do this Mark. Do I need to load your bike or are you good?

Ohhh! 6pm!

If i knew how to do motor work, id have my own shop by now....

Just make sure you dont leave them too long... otherwise you will need more than just valves... As soon as she becomes hard to start (like 6-10 kicks) better get them done.

If i knew how to do motor work, id have my own shop by now....

Just make sure you dont leave them too long... otherwise you will need more than just valves... As soon as she becomes hard to start (like 6-10 kicks) better get them done.

Hmm, tough call. I have e-start so. I know it was never super easy to kick, even when new. It's not any harder to start now then when it was new though.

If the valves were off, would it still be hard to kick once warmed up?

Hmm, tough call. I have e-start so. I know it was never super easy to kick, even when new. It's not any harder to start now then when it was new though.

If the valves were off, would it still be hard to kick once warmed up?

Honestly Mark im the wrong person to ask, what I was told was when it takes you forever to kick it over from dead cold with choke on (like you've kicked so many times your ready to give up) then its time to have them done. If you get to the point of having to bump start your bike then its really really bad and you could be looking for a new head also or have to have it cut.

A valve job is relitively inexpensive unless you let it go too long... then your looking at easly over a G.

Just what I was told...

Honestly Mark im the wrong person to ask, what I was told was when it takes you forever to kick it over from dead cold with choke on (like you've kicked so many times your ready to give up) then its time to have them done. If you get to the point of having to bump start your bike then its really really bad and you could be looking for a new head also or have to have it cut.

A valve job is relitively inexpensive unless you let it go too long... then your looking at easly over a G.

Just what I was told...

Yeah I hear ya. Valve info online is often so vague. I'm going to pull it apart later this summer and check the valve clearences, and if anything needs adjusting I'm gunna take it in to a shop. I'm not touchin them lol