Gap Bound.

Thread: Gap Bound.

Gap Bound.

I'm checkin out Saturday am for the Gap. Never been before and I'm pumped, big time .
    Riding to Virginia day one, then the Blue Ridge Parkway day two.
    Other than the Tail of the dragon, any suggestions on other "must do" rides down there?

Re: Gap Bound.

There are tons of threads and sites on this subject, sounds like you did not plan the trip, spur of the moment?

wow, that is quite a haul.

Virginia has some really awesome roads along the way too. I'm pretty sure once you get down there you won't feel like checking out any other places anyways

Let us know how it goes, and get lots of pictures!
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Sorry for the repetition as I posted this in the last Gap thread but get the Mad map - www.madmaps.com.

The one for the smoky mountains is wicked. Different versions for different years but gebnerally the same routes, just with more or less info depending on the year.

Most bike stores down there carry these maps, Destination Cycle, Tellico Cycle are a couple I know for sure will have them. If you get to Tellico then stop in at the M/C shop - the owner (forget his name) will probably give you a graet 2 hr loop to do - well worth it but watch out for the decreasing radius turns - one of ours was bit by one!
    The ice cream shop across the street is an added bonus.

Tarah

Virginia - snake road - US421 - another must. Say hello to Officer Hoak of Mountain City Tenn for me! Take it easy through there and watch out for the school zones.

thanks Tara, I'm looking at that now.
    I'm not on a schedule, so I'm just planning on going wherever the roads take me kind of thing. I'm in no hurry either, so hopefully I won't be meeting up with your "friend" Mr Hoak.
    I'll be sure to take lots of pics.
    Adios!
    Last edited by 4badboyz; 06-13-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4badboyz View Post
    thanks Tara, I'm looking at that now.
    I'm not on a schedule, so I'm just planning on going wherever the roads take me kind of thing. I'm in no hurry either, so hopefully I won't be meeting up with your "friend" Mr Hoak.
    I'll be sure to take lots of pics.
    Adios!
    Lucky You!!!!

If your planning on the riding the BRP for the entire length, brace yourself for a LONG Day! It is amazing road and scenary but speed is mostly 35 - 40 MPH and I think there is like 450 miles of BRP
    We took the BRP on our way back last year and we only did about 240 Miles of it cause it killed our time. But you did say your not in any rush!
    OH and if no one told you, Robbinsville is a DRY county and *****ALL to do at night. You can get beer at the Topica lodge but still nothing at night to do!

ride safe!
    Rubber Side Down!

Chris

2002 Harley Electra Glide Classic - Current

2001 Vulcan 1500 Classic - SOLD!!!!!!!
    2005 R6 - SOLD!!!!!!!
    2000 VTR 1000F - gone but not forgotten!
    1998 Katana (Kan O Tuna) 750 - Sold
    1983 Virgo 750 - First bike