Opinions on Suzuki of Brampton Service? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opinions on Suzuki of Brampton Service?

Re: Opinions on Suzuki of Brampton Service?

Wow! Glad that worked out so well, but now I'm the one that's ******! How come I didn't get a free gsxr key chain! Nice work S.O.B. all the more reason to continue recommending you guys to friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by UB4ME66 View Post
    Update:

Talked to Scott about this as per DaveP's recommendation June 3/09. Here's what he wrote back:

< It's okay man! I understand where you are coming from. That tank pad is for a 2007-2008 GSXR1000. That's why it doesn't fit. When I get the 2009's tank pad's in, I will email you and give it to you free of charge, even if it's out of my own pocket. Thanks for the business bro!>

So, after all that, it turns out it was the wrong part, for the wrong bike. They are selling 08 tank protectors, for 09 bikes.

As for Scott, stand up guy just as I wrote. They all are, just one bad apple (Ray Rabbani) brings the place down. Imagine being a salesman, trying to sell bikes in this economy, and doing so successfully, only to have the general manager screaming at your customers, closing the door on their wrists, and chasing them off the property!?

I feel really bad for the staff at Suzuki of Brampton.

My post on page three of this thread....well, after reading it, an "unnamed source' at Suzuki of Brampton gave me the email address of the owner of the dealership. I emailed him the post verbatim. I told him complaints are coming out of the wood-work on GTAmotorcycle.com, all of them saying the same thing - Ray Rabbani (issues). I got a call the next day from the sales manager, David, apologizing for what happened. He said there's no way this should have happened. He explained that Ray Rabbani has been there longer than anyone, and is basically wallpaper. He can't be fired. He has only been the general manager for four months. David welcomed me back to the dealership, asking me to approach it as if it was the first time I visited it. He booked my appointment for the 1000 KM inspection for my K9, and he calmed a very bad situation.

I went in today (Tues, June 9) and was treated very well by all. Mark spent over an hour going over my K9, and well, it's the first time I've seen my bike do a stoppy (lol). He had to road test it for a fork noise. I felt comfortable letting him ride it, as the guy's a master of mechanics. I can tell, as I've held a mechanics license for 20 years. The guy knows his stuff and more. He had a look at the tank protector, and agreed with me that that would piss him off as well. It's a $16,000 bike! The "clear" idea is good, however, the engineering isn't well thought out. The sticker is trying to return to its straight mould - hence the air pockets/bubbles. It should be moulded to the shape of the tank.

Frank, the service manager sought me out a GSXR key chain, as all they had when I bought the K9 was "Boulevard" key chains...an insult to any Gixxer! Small gesture, large meaning.

And to top it off, they never charged me for the 1000 KM service. They ate the bill. Again, large meaning. I buy a new bike every year, and I bought this K9 over the phone with Scott. It was an easy sale for him. They want to keep my business.

So, some damage control was done. I feel (very) badly for all the staff having to make amends with a customer, when I had no issue with any of the staff to begin with. It was like they were cleaning up Ray Rabbani's mess.

My suggestion to them would be to take him out of the motorcycle area. If they can't fire him, then move him away from us riders/bikers. He's a car salesman, and doesn't talk our language, and doesn't associate well with us as proven by this thread.

As per the clear tank protector, the 09 models won't be in for four weeks. So, I'll await Scott's email, and re-install the proper protector.

I can't believe this $16.00 sticker caused all of this. But then again, I'm glad it opened up the flood gates on this website, and for Suzuki of Brampton to know the abuse that has been dealt out by Ray Rabbani to their customers. I'm sure they've dealt with it internally.

I know this is a long read. But an important one. Suzuki of Brampton wants your business. The whole staff shouldn't be punished for the misgivings of one. If you go there, and experience any abuse, such as I did by Ray Rabbani, anything "temperish", or anything less than a professional attitude from this man, ask for the sales manager David, he will more than willing to hear you out. I will provide you with the owner of Suzuki of Brampton's email address if need be.

Safe riding all.
    SOAR Novice #113

Gixxer Chick

Thanks for writing all that UB4ME. Sounds like damage control for sure. I still won't go back. I'm having great service from Envy Rides. They tease me about my "Suzuki of Brampton" license plate cover. Last time I was there, I wasn't the only one with one, there were two other "Suzuki of Brampton" license plate covers! Hmmm....I thought! This Ray Rabbani guy has done a lot of damage to that dealership. Thanks for sharing your story, and bringing it out in the open. I'll bet there's been some behind doors discussions!

Banned

Sound like damage control to me. I still won't go back. A person that brings a dealer down like that a**hole Ray, should be fired. Doesn't matter if he's there 30 years. Everyone suffers cause of him.

Gixxer Chick

Sounds like Dave P is just looking to boost a good price on his next purchase! Everyone should visit Envy Rides tomorrow, to see what real service is all about! They're having a re-opening party! Suzuki of Brampton, and the mad-man Ray can go to hell!

Thumbs up Re: Opinions on Suzuki of Brampton Service?

I had a lot of work done earlier this year at Suzuki of Brampton on my M109. He fixed everything I asked and even fixed other things I hadn't noticed. He did an amazing job and finished much faster than I thought considering the work needing to be done. I brought it there after a very disappointing service at Envy Rides. Envy installed my new pipes incorrectly, didn't route the my new brake/clutch cables properly, and lost one of my clips. It was Mark who pointed out that they were not routed with enough slack and improperly positioned at the levers. It's a shame since Envy is less than 5 minutes from my place but I will never take it there for service again. I don't know how they handle standard repairs/servicing but give them anything remotely different than swapping 'like for like' and you are asking for trouble. After dealing with Mark I will always drive the extra time and distance to deal with Suzuki of Brampton. I have also dealt with their parts dept extensively and they have all been great. My only complaint with parts is that Suzuki Canada never seems to have what I want locally. I cannot comment on sales as I have never purchased a bike or car there but the staff I have dealt with have been nice to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer Chick View Post
    Sounds like Dave P is just looking to boost a good price on his next purchase!
    LOL! I certainly don't need these post to get decent pricing... I usually walk into a dealer already knowing what the bike cost them. Tack on a little for there profits so they can keep running and thats what I normally would pay. By the way this is a review on S.O.B. not Envy, wrong thread!
    SOAR Novice #113

Banned

Every where I go, I hear the same thing about Suzuki of Brampton, they give you a great price, and then piss you off somehow. They ****** me off two years ago, and I walked across the street to Brampton Honda, and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Out View Post
    Every where I go, I hear the same thing about Suzuki of Brampton, they give you a great price, and then piss you off somehow. They ****** me off two years ago, and I walked across the street to Brampton Honda, and never looked back.
    They probably don't care because it's the same owner.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    They probably don't care because it's the same owner.
    LOL So true that entire Brampton Auto Mall is owned by a single family.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    LOL So true that entire Brampton Auto Mall is owned by a single family.
    Not all of it, but most....

it all operates under one banner ala the 'Dixi Auto Group' no?

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    it all operates under one banner ala the 'Dixi Auto Group' no?
    Not the same place. Dixie auto mall is at... Dixie and the 401. Suzuki of Brampton is in the "Brampton auto mall" near Bovaird and Hwy 10...

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Not the same place. Dixie auto mall is at... Dixie and the 401. Suzuki of Brampton is in the "Brampton auto mall" near Bovaird and Hwy 10...
    a la = like

Suzuki of Brampton & the Honda dealer are owned by the same people...not sure about the rest of the "stealers" in the auto mall.

Anyway...I have nothing but good things to say about my experience buying from Suzuki of Brampton. Their price includes PDI & freight, no BS administration fee, (@ SON that fee was $380??!! I still don't know what the hell that was for). Anyway...I walked out feeling good, no BS slimy "dealer" feeling...they move bikes, I bought one at a fair price, that's it!
    '09 GSX650F (Fancy Bandit)

Quote Originally Posted by the_need_for_speed View Post
    I saw there was a thread for the newmarket dealer but has anyone had any dealings with the service department at the brampton location? I plan on taking the bike to them for a periodic maintence check along with changing the swingarm and a few other things. I just don't want to get screwed with labour and parts.

Their hourly rate is only $75. I checked around and average shops charged anywhere from 80 -85$ an hour so it just makes sense to go to Suzuki.

Any opinions?
    My personal experience (not forever there, though), from buying a bike there, buying a few parts there, and servicing the bike there:

1. Salesman (Tim): more than excellent service)
    2. Parts (Danny): so-so, could be way more polite
    3. Serviceman (guy with a ponytail, forgot his name): very knowleadgeable and polite when asked a few questions afterwards).

Am I going to go back there again?
    Most likely - yes (for maintenance service of my bike - for sure)

Raymond Rabanni is still in charge........epic!