Drinking Charge - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Drinking Charge

the reincarnation

Re: Drinking Charge

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    Nice job!!!

So paralegals and such, and their ability for morons to "get off" of charges on technicalities and such is the real reason for wide sweeping laws with minimal recourse. For a law to be effective it is imperitive that it be enforcable. And not at a HUGE COST to the system, or it's just another drain of cash. So we dont want to pay more cops, but we all want laws to be taliored in such a way as to be barely enforcable at the judicial level.

D
    If more people are convicted of their charges, which they know they are guilty, and we had stronger laws, more people would think twice about drinking and driving. I have no problem with putting more cops on the road to enforce laws, but enforcement isn't the problem, the problem is our judicial system. It has to be so demoralizing for cops to lay these charges only to have the puke get off on a stupid technicality.

All the drinking/driving laws will be changed very soon. Alot of the so called "loopholes" will be gone.

the reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    All the drinking/driving laws will be changed very soon. Alot of the so called "loopholes" will be gone.
    It's long over due

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    Those loopholes could have been closed without increasing the penalties for NOT breaking the law, IMHO.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I have ZERO Sympathy for you.

You're a new rider.

Add alcohol and it's a recipe for disaster.

If that ever contributed to an accident that caused you to wipe out my kids who were on the sidewalk at that fair........well be glad it didn't.

I don't suspect you will get any sympathy in this forum at all. I hope your insurance company jams your rates so high you can't ride a motorcycle until you'e 80.

the reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Cycle View Post
    I have ZERO Sympathy for you.

You're a new rider.

Add alcohol and it's a recipe for disaster.

If that ever contributed to an accident that caused you to wipe out my kids who were on the sidewalk at that fair........well be glad it didn't.

I don't suspect you will get any sympathy in this forum at all. I hope your insurance company jams your rates so high you can't ride a motorcycle until you'e 80.
    +10000