For those going to Shannonville and live in the west end...

Thread: For those going to Shannonville and live in the west end...

For those going to Shannonville and live in the west end...

I moved and now I have to criss-cross the 401 to get to Shannonville. So from Trafalgar Rd/401 heading to Shannonville, while pulling a trailer... what time do you leave to get to Shannonville by 8am during a week day?

I never travel across the top of TO during the week, and I don't think it will be an easy trek. I'm too cheap to pay for the 407.

Re: For those going to Shannonville and live in the west end...

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    I moved and now I have to criss-cross the 401 to get to Shannonville. So from Trafalgar Rd/401 heading to Shannonville, while pulling a trailer... what time do you leave to get to Shannonville by 8am during a week day?

I never travel across the top of TO during the week, and I don't think it will be an easy trek. I'm too cheap to pay for the 407.

It's about 250km to get to Shannonville from Milton, and as long as you get past the DVP by about 6:30am you should have clear sailing from there.

I'd leave around 5am at the latest, as it's a 2 1-2 hour drive with the best possible traffic conditions.

5 is when we are looking to leave. That should give us/you plenty of time. When are you going?
    It's hard to make the turn when your staring at the ditch

pitbullf4i

I'm at Brimley and 401, i drive about 120kmh, I can make Shannonville in about 1 hour 40 mins

Gasp.... 5!!! I'm so lazy in the morning.... that cuts into by beauty sleep.

Hit'n the Pimp trackday this Friday.

BTW - Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Metastable; 06-08-2008 at 06:44 PM.

When coming from Hamilton, I like to be at least at 401 & 427 by 5:00am.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    When coming from Hamilton, I like to be at least at 401 & 427 by 5:00am.
    You're not making this any easier!!!

BTW - why wouldn't you just take the QEW? I use to live just east of the 427/QEW area and I would leave the house by 6:30.... take Lakeshore until Jameson and then once got past that I might slow down a tad on the DVP... but not much and once on the 401 it was gravy.

Im up in Northern part of Brampton.. and I leave my house the latest 5:30am, but the I jump on the 407... with the transponder I don't mind paying for the 407 instead of having a headache trying to get to where I want to go while being stuck on the 401... lol
    But hey thats just me.. and in your case since you area little further down west %am sounds right with no 407. Have fun at Pimp!!!

I live in Milton and usually leave the house at 5-5:30 and always get there in plenty of time for the riders meeting and tech.
    ROADRASH - A mid winter skin condition caused by the stress of not riding my bike!!
    http://madleyphotography.com

Thanks guys.... this helps a lot!