F1 Thread!!! - Page 23

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: F1 Thread!!!

Re: F1 Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    Keep buying oil..
    You make it sound like we have a choice.

Damn! These races do not disappoint. Wish Kimi gave Vettel a little more of a fight at the end though.
    A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a 'true' friend will be sitting next to you saying...'damn that was fun'

another awesome race

driver of the day has to be Kimi.....11th to 2nd and back on the podium in only the 4th race....and he drove it to 2nd and not by 2-stopping

what a season so far

Prost and Panis were proud of the 3rd place finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by f1mauro View Post
    Damn! These races do not disappoint. Wish Kimi gave Vettel a little more of a fight at the end though.
    Considering where they were last year, Lotus has done well to even get to the point where they can fight at all!! Happy to see Kimi doing well. He looked a bit second-hand after the race..a bit hot there I would say.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

He looked a bit second-hand after the race..a bit hot there I would say.
    Kimi don't do too well in the heat. During his testing for that silly "truck" racing series he kept screaming into his radio for more water.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    Kimi don't do too well in the heat. During his testing for that silly "truck" racing series he kept screaming into his radio for more water.
    Maybe water was code for "vodka"???

Driver of the race I'll take di resta for the force India. Great drive for a sixth place finish.

Ferrari in total shambles, mbenz who were the quickest package in china had no real pace today. Same goes for mclaren, poor performance today.

Lotus in third place of the constructor championship, grosjean in only his fourth race bags a podium finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    another awesome race

driver of the day has to be Kimi.....11th to 2nd and back on the podium in only the 4th race....and he drove it to 2nd and not by 2-stopping

what a season so far
    Really thought he was going to take the lead around the 47thish lap.
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold

He had a one shot at the lead. Vettel blocked him well and that was it. Never got close enough again to use DRS.

Kimi is doing much better than many people predicted. Some of them have gone as far as saying that he will have a hard time to adapt and get used to the complicated F1 steering wheel ... LOL

Nico's antics of running two different guys off the road should not be unnoticed. This guy will put someone into a wall sooner or later. Well after all, he's got the best teacher in the world in his teammate, I guess ...

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Nico's antics of running two different guys off the road should not be unnoticed. This guy will put someone into a wall sooner or later. Well after all, he's got the best teacher in the world in his teammate, I guess ...
    I was surprised they didn't make more of this in the broadcast. They were focused on whether the pass was legal on the concrete..I'm thinking, he ran him off the road. "He's entitled to one move.." Well, I suppose that's in the rules..but that one move can't involve squeezing a car off the roadway when he's alongside you! Then he has the gall to go on the radio and say that Alonso passed him off the track..so he obviously KNEW he ran him out of road! What a dick..

The "new" Lotus team is the Renault team from last year so we're not talking about a crappy team to begin with.
    Caterham is the old Lotus team from last year.

Considering where they were last year, Lotus has done well to even get to the point where they can fight at all!! Happy to see Kimi doing well. He looked a bit second-hand after the race..a bit hot there I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald94 View Post
    The "new" Lotus team is the Renault team from last year so we're not talking about a crappy team to begin with.
    Caterham is the old Lotus team from last year.
    I understand that..

I was surprised they didn't make more of this in the broadcast. They were focused on whether the pass was legal on the concrete..I'm thinking, he ran him off the road. "He's entitled to one move.." Well, I suppose that's in the rules..but that one move can't involve squeezing a car off the roadway when he's alongside you! Then he has the gall to go on the radio and say that Alonso passed him off the track..so he obviously KNEW he ran him out of road! What a dick..
    That's what I thought too, but according to some reports, it took them 3 hours to make a decision to not penalize him for either move. Apparently they used an ample of video, GPS coordinates and who knows what to determine that he made one move (as per rulebook) and at no point was a car besides his. I can see how that happened with Alonso, but not with Hamilton who ended up passing him.

Anyways I have also hated the rule which says that you can make a one weird move to block the other driver. I absolutely couldn't stand Schumacher back in a day for that one reason. It looks like that now we have a new wall master. I wonder had he not won last weekend and had he not been with Benz, would the verdict be the same. Speculation for sure, but so what ... LOL

BTW, Alonso apparently already tweeted that the stewards will have fun in races to come, because apparently it's ok to pass outside of the track when someone is running you out of the track. LOL ... it should only add to already interesting product ... LOL

I must have watched a different race, the same whole redbull 5 sec in front and one guy close to catching up

mehh
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Quote Originally Posted by ZX600 View Post
    I must have watched a different race, the same whole redbull 5 sec in front and one guy close to catching up

mehh
    That's what I thought too. I was expecting fireworks after the last tire change due to different strategies but... nothing.
    There is no planet B.

You need to look past the 1st place .... plenty of action there and I mean plenty, especially when compared to other kind of racing.

Not to mention the fact that the RB car was close to losing the first, not by pit tire change, but rather an actual pass on the track.

It was also pleasure to watch the cars coming to turn 9 and 10. Really a challenging flat out kink with a short braking zone before a 180 hairpin. Only few guys were consistently getting it right, hence why the order at the end. That single spot caused guys not only time, but mainly tire wear. You could see the smoke coming out of left front all the time.

I am really enjoying the F1 so far.