TMP update... - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP update...

Re: TMP update...

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    really who? sure ross had my number that day..but keep in mind i had not been on a track since september and was breaking in a new bike..but other then him for the past 2 years i have allways been the fastest at that track..
    btw my damper fell off on my 2nd lap with ross and made for a interesting ride with him..that bike is nasty with out a damper and i have the vidio to prove it. ross would gap me comming out of turn 1 by 10plus bike but by the time we come out of the last turn i was on him by less then 3.
    and as far as who come out of the last turn fastest ?well on the vidio well their no contest.
    i see your still here shooting your mouth off..i was waithing for you at the track.
    Shooting my mouth off becasue I said there are people faster then you out there? Is it all about track day lap times, are they that important? You are faster then me, no doubt about that, I never siad otherwise.

I believe Sunday there was one guy in the 1:16's consistantly on a 600. He is racing novice this year.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    So what is a fast lap?
    and what size bike?
    Just wanted to know so I know where I'm at.
    A decent lap would be anything under 1:25. 1:23, 1:22 is a good lap for a track day guy. A fast lap would be anything under 1:19, and a really fast lap is sub 1:17, I believe the track record is 1:14.

"Fast" is all relative, to a novice 1:22 is fast, to a pro racer 1:22 is dog **** slow embarasing.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

Quote Originally Posted by toastman View Post
    sidestands must be tied up for at least 2 reasons
    1 - if the sidestand was to come down your engine will cut out (if you have a sidestand switch that functions) If could be a your leg that triggers it if it came off the pegs.
    2 - if you don't have a sidestand switch you could leave the pits with it down and have a big problem on your first left

the next reason I heard is a little more vague - the sidestand could impale you in a crash, but then again so can your handlebars.

We don't want to tech a bike till it is completely ready, so please don't come to tech till everything is done as it just causes congestion.

If a rider crashes and it's not in an impact zone we yellow flag to keep things going, that's normal proceedure, not lax. Same thing as if you run out of gas, if you are not in the way then you will wait till the end of the session for a pickup

I think we lost maybe 10 minutes due to the shared ambulance, not a big deal. If we lost it for longer we would run the day longer to make up for it, however everyone was really tired looking at the end of the day and no-one was lining up ahead of time for their session so I think everyone got enough time on the track.

Donald
    I've been to a few track days in the past where the side stand had to either be tied up or removed. It is a valid reason for removing the side stand as everyone has seen someone ride off with their side stand down (or done it themselves).

As long as the riders know before going to the track day about the side stand rule is in effect, and it's not sprung on them the day of (at the track) then it shouldn't be an issue. Just bring or borrow a rear stand for the day.

I ran on both the June 14th and 15th track days, and GWB did an AWESOME job running things!! They were straightforward, no BS, kept everything running fairly and smoothly, were open to suggestions, and safety was their first concern, not the $$$$!! The had a sign posted at tech for everything they were checking so you knew your responsibilities. Corner marshals were actually looking around watching the track instead of just sitting there.
    A great weekend, I'd definitely go back to another they were running.

It was a good weekend

Wow 1:16 on a 600 thats prety good.
    guess I got a few seconds to go

Does anybody know what a good lap is on a 250?

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    It was a good weekend

Wow 1:16 on a 600 thats prety good.
    guess I got a few seconds to go

Does anybody know what a good lap is on a 250?
    well that depend's less filling
    you back in your prime 116 for sure..now well..your not so less filling
    anything under 118 would be great...hurry up and get fast will yea..i want somebody else to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
    Shooting my mouth off becasue I said there are people faster then you out there? Is it all about track day lap times, are they that important? You are faster then me, no doubt about that, I never siad otherwise.

I believe Sunday there was one guy in the 1:16's consistantly on a 600. He is racing novice this year.
    well the vidio i have shows that guy doing 121..so how he lost 5 sec i would love to get a can of that go go juice.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Were you there sunday? I don't remember seeing you, do you still have the white CBR?
    was on sat.
    not white anymore.
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 01-18-2010 at 02:43 PM.

How do you like the Dunlops compared to the Pirellis?
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

all the tech is on the TMP website.
    Thanks for the kind words, see you at the track again soon.

Donald

I've been to a few track days in the past where the side stand had to either be tied up or removed. It is a valid reason for removing the side stand as everyone has seen someone ride off with their side stand down (or done it themselves).

As long as the riders know before going to the track day about the side stand rule is in effect, and it's not sprung on them the day of (at the track) then it shouldn't be an issue. Just bring or borrow a rear stand for the day.
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

just curious how its possible for a novice to run 1:16's when top 10 pros like Ross Millson, who has set lap records as an amatuer was running 1:17's on the same day, while being Chased by James, with both of them on 180+hp superbikes?

I've been there a bunch of times with Ross when he was an amatuer, along with James, Dave Stewart and Mike Donaldson, riding at near full out race pace, all of us have run at the front, or won at the national level 600 class and we never got close to the 1:16 mark. My laptimer showed 7-8 laps in the mid 1:17 range, but nothing close to a 1:16.

If this is an actual lap time, this rider should be a contender for the national Amatuer 600 championship(it wasn't jodi christie was it?)

as a qualifier, a 1:16 lap time at TMP should roughly translate to a low :57 on the Shannonville nelson track, and probably a sub 1:08 on the pro track and a sub 1:49 on the Long track.

My next question is, does this guy offer rider training??

Quote Originally Posted by toastman View Post
    all the tech is on the TMP website.
    Thanks for the kind words, see you at the track again soon.

Donald
    No prob.

I haven't been yet, lol too many other obligations have come up this year. It is killing me to get out.

If it was posted on the website, and now everyone knows there is no reason it should be a problem in the future. Everyone knows someone with a rear stand, and even if you don;t they're pretty cheap at crappy tire and other places. Front and rear for under 100.00.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    just curious how its possible for a novice to run 1:16's when top 10 pros like Ross Millson, who has set lap records as an amatuer was running 1:17's on the same day, while being Chased by James, with both of them on 180+hp superbikes?

I've been there a bunch of times with Ross when he was an amatuer, along with James, Dave Stewart and Mike Donaldson, riding at near full out race pace, all of us have run at the front, or won at the national level 600 class and we never got close to the 1:16 mark. My laptimer showed 7-8 laps in the mid 1:17 range, but nothing close to a 1:16.

If this is an actual lap time, this rider should be a contender for the national Amatuer 600 championship(it wasn't jodi christie was it?)

as a qualifier, a 1:16 lap time at TMP should roughly translate to a low :57 on the Shannonville nelson track, and probably a sub 1:08 on the pro track and a sub 1:49 on the Long track.

Sheesh... 1:16 is slow. I was running 1:11's on a YSR with flat tires and no left clip on! Two up at that... with a fatty on back.

lol, I knew you and James would question the lap times.

You know who it is Donny, what's the link to the website that tells you all the lap times and finishes of the previous race rounds. I'll know the name as soon as I see it. he made a post on the BDR board with a pic of his lap timer.

I was skeptical too until a good buddy that was there with him told me he wasn't making it up. He had a bunch of laps in the mid high to mid 1:16's with fresh tires on his 600. There was an AM rider there on sunday and he was clearly moving faster then the AM rider was. Though they were both playing with suspension settings, not going for lap times.

He is up top in the Novice class, has lap times that could move him up to amature with in the top 5. It is his first year racing.

Some people are good at certain tracks.

Send me the link and I'll tell you who it is.

Send me the link and I'll tell you who it is.
    Mike Bevan. Y2KR1
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    well the vidio i have shows that guy doing 121..so how he lost 5 sec i would love to get a can of that go go juice.
    Are you sure we're talking about the same person?

Were you there on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Mike Bevan. Y2KR1
    ya, that's the guy.

He is a very good rider form what I hear. Very modest too.

Unless the lap timer was broken, he was in the 1:16's.

Mylaps.com??

that's the AMB transponder site.

Good for him, those are impressive lap times, hopefully they are accurate.

I don't know of ANY other amatuer that has gone that fast at TMP.

He should be able to clean up the novice and amatuer classes going that fast.
    Last edited by reciprocity; 06-20-2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: didn't see the last post

Mylaps.com??

who is it??
    Ya, that's the site...

Mike Bevin is his name. #175 novice

Mylaps.com??

Good for him, those are impressive lap times, hopefully they are accurate.

I don't know of ANY other amatuer that has gone that fast at TMP.

He should be able to clean up the novice and amatuer classes going that fast.
    How accurate are those lap timers compared to the $500.00 timers R.A.C.E. uses? Eeven if it was a little off .5 seconds he's still in the low 1:17's.

People keep getting faster at Cayuga now that more people are going. It is a little more bumpy, but maybe it is a little more sticky over the last few years since the bike started on it.