TMP update... - Page 2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TMP update...

Re: TMP update...

Quote Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
    The only complaint but more like opinion is, I never cared much for the track itself. It's not the most 'exciting' track and turn 2 is a roller coaster of a ride if you don't take the corner tight!
    I was thinking yesterday how boring that place is as well... lol.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Boring???

What more do you want in a track?

There are high speed corners Tight corners and corners that you take at WFO throttle. Chicanes, long straight about the only thing it lacks is maybe some undulations and maybe a bit of width and length. The track is quite technical and challenging.
    It's BY FAR better than the NC and Fabi circuit at Shannonville.

I don’t know why everyone on here complains so much about TMP. Ok it’s not a Mosport or a Shannonville LT but it’s got to be the third best track in Ontario. Plus for me only an hour away and has more track days (cheaper I might add than all the others) than you can shake a stick at and it’s no more dangerous than Shannonville. Plus an extra bonus is you can go over to the drag strip and watch that crazy yellow Trans-Am do a 7 sec @ 200mph run when you have a free minute or two.

It’s funny you complain so much about it and then when its gone you complain there is no place to ride! Just be happy it’s there and that we can ride on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by minifig-phil View Post
    Boring???

There are high speed corners Tight corners and corners that you take at WFO throttle. Chicanes, long straight about the only thing it lacks is maybe some undulations and maybe a bit of width and length. The track is quite technical and challenging.

I don’t know why everyone on here complains so much about TMP. Ok it’s not a Mosport or a Shannonville LT but it’s got to be the third best track in Ontario. Plus for me only an hour away and has more track days (cheaper I might add than all the others) than you can shake a stick at and it’s no more dangerous than Shannonville. Plus an extra bonus is you can go over to the drag strip and watch that crazy yellow Trans-Am do a 7 sec @ 200mph run when you have a free minute or two.

It’s funny you complain so much about it and then when its gone you complain there is no place to ride! Just be happy it’s there and that we can ride on it!!
    I rode it 7-8 times last year out of 20+ track days... I was there Sunday as well.

Track days made street boring... now maybe racing has made track days boring... who knows.

I will grumble about it all day long if I please, thank you...

Boring???

It's just personal preference, some people prefer Mosport (well probably everyone, lol), some prefer TMP, and some prefer Shanny, or one of the shanny configurations.

It sounds like everything went well, my only question is about the ambulance, they promised a seperate ambulance specifically for the road course. No matter how the ambulance driver words it, one ambulance is shared.

Someone also mentioned something about straw on the track form the haybails? Was that an issue or just one person complaining about them? even if there was that can be solved by covering the hay bails with a tarp or something and tying it up.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

The Ambulance was parked at the road course. The Attendant was at the pit wall. He was with the bike 98% of the time. He had to leave for a pair of accidents, which triggered red flags for the road course. Both where minor delays.

There was only one person who objected to the hay bails and that issue was dealt with. They were covered bails as well. I never saw any straw anywhere near the bikes. There may have been a little on the ground immediately under the bails, but I never noticed it over the two days.

I've been there this sunday as well.

Overall this was my first experience with the TMP track.

First let me say that the price is fantastic!
    Now the track feels like a backyard track rather then a full blown race track. Its so small its not even that fun really. I mean there is really no comparison between TMP and calabogie for example.
    Tech was done by GWB and they went a bit overboard with tying the side stand! I just replaced my spring a week ago and its TIGHT! but they refused to even look at it. I guess its ok no complaints there, they wanna make it safer, kudos to them!

Marshaling was laxed, but i'll rather have it that way! Someone dropped their bike, gave the thumbs up to the marshall and this way they only put out the yellow flag until the person got back on the track. There was no need to shut down the track for a minor spill, and that basically means more track time for me.

Ambulance was unfortunately shared. It sucked! There was a crash on the quarter mile and we had to wait for 20 mins until the ambulance came back. Thats not good! Imagine if someone had to go to the hospital! Our day would have been over! Pavement is bumpy, but you do get used to it!

All in all its a cheap alternative to calabogie, but its nothing compared to a real race track such as the above or shannonville/mosport!

I didn't notice any Hay on the track either.

I didn't notice any Hay on the track either.
    Sounds like it was just one person complaining, good to know.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
    Sounds like it was just one person complaining, good to know.
    Keep in mind where that person's line is and how much closer he comes to the wall than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Keep in mind where that person's line is and how much closer he comes to the wall than most people.
    Then it sounds like it is that persons decision to make... I simply try and keep away from the wall... knowing its a wall

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Then it sounds like it is that persons decision to make... I simply try and keep away from the wall... knowing its a wall
    Oh, he's left tire, foot peg and elbow marks on that wall. I'm sure he'll leave more... It's just a matter of time.

Oh, he's left tire, foot peg and elbow marks on that wall. I'm sure he'll leave more... It's just a matter of time.
    Sounds like it.

I guess he thinks its cool or something...

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Sounds like it.

I guess he thinks its cool or something...
    He just doesn't see the wall as dangerous.

There are other people running faster that don't scrape the wall on exit. It's not a necessity to going fast there.

Not quite as close, but the few that do run faster times do come pretty close to that wall... James loses a lot of time through turn 1 and makes up for it in other places..
    Last edited by raginduck; 06-18-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Not quite as close, but the few that do run faster times do come pretty close to that wall... James loses a lot of time through turn 1 and makes up for it in other places..
    I guess there is more then one line through a corner.

sidestands must be tied up for at least 2 reasons
    1 - if the sidestand was to come down your engine will cut out (if you have a sidestand switch that functions) If could be a your leg that triggers it if it came off the pegs.
    2 - if you don't have a sidestand switch you could leave the pits with it down and have a big problem on your first left

the next reason I heard is a little more vague - the sidestand could impale you in a crash, but then again so can your handlebars.

We don't want to tech a bike till it is completely ready, so please don't come to tech till everything is done as it just causes congestion.

If a rider crashes and it's not in an impact zone we yellow flag to keep things going, that's normal proceedure, not lax. Same thing as if you run out of gas, if you are not in the way then you will wait till the end of the session for a pickup

I think we lost maybe 10 minutes due to the shared ambulance, not a big deal. If we lost it for longer we would run the day longer to make up for it, however everyone was really tired looking at the end of the day and no-one was lining up ahead of time for their session so I think everyone got enough time on the track.

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by ManoWar View Post
    I've been there this sunday as well.

Overall this was my first experience with the TMP track.

First let me say that the price is fantastic!
    Now the track feels like a backyard track rather then a full blown race track. Its so small its not even that fun really. I mean there is really no comparison between TMP and calabogie for example.
    Tech was done by GWB and they went a bit overboard with tying the side stand! I just replaced my spring a week ago and its TIGHT! but they refused to even look at it. I guess its ok no complaints there, they wanna make it safer, kudos to them!

Marshaling was laxed, but i'll rather have it that way! Someone dropped their bike, gave the thumbs up to the marshall and this way they only put out the yellow flag until the person got back on the track. There was no need to shut down the track for a minor spill, and that basically means more track time for me.

Ambulance was unfortunately shared. It sucked! There was a crash on the quarter mile and we had to wait for 20 mins until the ambulance came back. Thats not good! Imagine if someone had to go to the hospital! Our day would have been over! Pavement is bumpy, but you do get used to it!

All in all its a cheap alternative to calabogie, but its nothing compared to a real race track such as the above or shannonville/mosport!