Friday the 13th Port Dover, twistie Ride, not straight - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th Port Dover, twistie Ride, not straight

Re: Friday the 13th Port Dover, twistie Ride, not straight

Port Dover Friday The 13th Severe Thunderstorms Warning
    I am watching closely the weather NETWORK every hour, they are saying on the 13th right in the belt of Ontario Toronto, London , Hamilton, Port Dover calling for SEVERE thunderstorms high winds and downpours Im no wussie but my feeling is I dont want to put us at risk and doesnt seem very enjoyable???? its 11am now, I will call it here @ 8 pm tonight, Your thoughts? we can always do a meet up for the Parry Sound Rally?

I would rather be cautious, i can ride in Rain no problem, but not severe thunderstorms

Duane

freakinfrey

Right now it's a 50/50 chance of thunderstorm in port dover tomorrow. I think we should be fine. The Glass is half full right lol ?

Quote Originally Posted by freakinfrey View Post
    Right now it's a 50/50 chance of thunderstorm in port dover tomorrow. I think we should be fine. The Glass is half full right lol ?
    Ok, i have guys that still want to go so im in, 1st stop be @ weston &401 by 9:15am then meet up @ TRAFALGAR & QEW, Petro gas station by 9:45am

Chime in guys rain or shine prepare for a wet one

Rain or shine I'm in... I'll be at the weston meet tomorrow morning. I'm a little worried about traffic though whitby in the morning. I'm going to leave early, please don't leave without me.

Quote Originally Posted by piranha View Post
    Rain or shine I'm in... I'll be at the weston meet tomorrow morning. I'm a little worried about traffic though whitby in the morning. I'm going to leave early, please don't leave without me.
    I should be there like 8:15 am 8:30ish, i wont leave with out you

Quote Originally Posted by TYBALT71 View Post
    Port Dover Friday The 13th Severe Thunderstorms Warning
    I am watching closely the weather NETWORK every hour, they are saying on the 13th right in the belt of Ontario Toronto, London , Hamilton, Port Dover calling for SEVERE thunderstorms high winds and downpours Im no wussie but my feeling is I dont want to put us at risk and doesnt seem very enjoyable???? its 11am now, I will call it here @ 8 pm tonight, Your thoughts? we can always do a meet up for the Parry Sound Rally?

I would rather be cautious, i can ride in Rain no problem, but not severe thunderstorms

Duane
    I'm with your Duane! I've done the run in a thunder storm, my idea of a good time.

I'll check the weather @ 8:00 in the morning, and make my personal call.

And like I mentioned, I can post the route for the die hards

Either way, lets do Parry Sound, same thing, there are some amazing roads on the way up.
    2000 Blue & Silver Hayabusa
    1982 GS1100SZ Katana

You may encounter a bunch of cbr 125's on that trip. If I'm thinking about the route that you're thinking about, then we're headed in the same direction. Our meet-up point is the Tim's at Hwy 20 and Mud St, departure 11:00-ish from there.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBusa View Post
    I can post a link for the route, in case anyone wants to have it.

What I do, take one of those clear sheet protetors and tape it to my tank and put the print out of mapquest in it (kind of like a redneck GPS!)

Works great!
    Please post the route...
    V4s growl, inlines whine.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBusa View Post
    I'm with your Duane! I've done the run in a thunder storm, my idea of a good time.

I'll check the weather @ 8:00 in the morning, and make my personal call.

And like I mentioned, I can post the route for the die hards

Either way, lets do Parry Sound, same thing, there are some amazing roads on the way up.
    Im going a bunch of guys still want to go bro, you have my cell, call me tonight or i will be at 401 &weston rd by 9:15am

I'll be at the Trafalgar meet, see ya there. Unless it's a downpour
    Danny-Tottenham
    01TL1000R

Thumbs up Ride is on Re: Friday the 13th Port Dover, twistie Ride, not straight

Just checked the weather, looks like we'll be good till about 5:00

We'll be in Dover around noon, so plenty of time to check it out.

I'll probably head back around 2:00, and take the straight #6 route home (especially if the weather looks like crap)
    2000 Blue & Silver Hayabusa
    1982 GS1100SZ Katana

40% chance of storms.That's 60% chance of good stuff to me.Cya there with the Duc.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Talking Re: Friday the 13th Port Dover, twistie Ride, not straight

they say chance of thunder shower in the afternoon...........I'll meet you all at TRAFALGAR & QEW

See you@ QEW & TRAFALGAR my 2nd stop guys puts me there about 9:45 am ish lol weather cooperating

Awwww, damn, and y'all are gonna be right here, too.

Anyway, for those of you watching radar a new weather system is developing in the prairies that may or may not push the system currently over the Great Lakes our way tomorrow.

Don't bother staying up late and watching the radar all night tonight. Get to sleep early, wake up early and THEN decide if you wanna go or not. Just speaking form experience.

Good luck and hopefully we'll see y'all there.
    Andrew
    '05 CB919 and '04 CB599 shared with the missus (Jenerator)

Guys I'm from Wasaga Beach and have nobody to ride with tomorrow. Booked the day off work and was wondering if you'd mind the company? If I could join you where would be the best stop to meet you guys?
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Guys I'm from Wasaga Beach and have nobody to ride with tomorrow. Booked the day off work and was wondering if you'd mind the company? If I could join you where would be the best stop to meet you guys?
    Jeremy
    come down the 400 and go to weston rd & 401 be there for 9am????? you can ride out with us if you like? south east corner TIMS/SUBWAY parking lot

Count me in. I'll be there. CBR 600rr with repsol fairings. Thanx guys
    Jeremy

Hey OZ, my buddy and I are leaving Tottenham around 8ish then going to the Trafalgar meet. If ya want we can meet you somewhere close by. It is kinda late and I know you said you'll meet at the 401 and Weston, just giving you an option. If not see ya in Oakville.
    Last edited by tooslow; 06-12-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    Danny-Tottenham
    01TL1000R

Smile Re: Friday the 13th Port Dover, twistie Ride, not straight

Danny
    That would be great, however, it is now 5:52 am and I am getting ready to go. If you can give me a call on my cell 705-441-0470 (Jeremy) and maybe we can do something. I'll be leaving here around 6:45am. Otherwise I'll be at the Weston meet.
    Thank you again. Looks like a mixed bag here in Wasaga this morning.....there could be sun or...well the other thing it does on the PD13