Euro Cup 2008!!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro Cup 2008!!!

Re: Euro Cup 2008!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    Team Portugal practicing for football
    Ronaldo likes the water. He can stare at his pretty face in the reflection. lol

Quote Originally Posted by shinysideup View Post

But if history repeats itself again (and history has made me a bit cynical), they'll play a decent game against Germany, but lose. Then they'll get demoralized and lose versus Austria, and once they realize they've been eliminated, they'll come back and absolutely destroy Croatia.
    Sad but true, as much as I hope that they get out of the first round, tourney after tourney I ended up looking for my hopes at the bottom of a vodka bottle.

If the team plays as well as they did against Germany last WC then Ill be happy.

...and of course, all games are going to be played hungover from their melanż the night before.
    Clearly, its been pissing rain, they cant practice, what else can you do but drink when you're stuck indoors?

I think there is a plan to meet at WEGZ in vaughn/woodbridge to watch the first game at 3pm... Fing ya gonna post this up?

Place gets RAMMMMED... so not sure how we organize this so that we get seating... place is awesome.. but .. woodbridge for eurocup.. do the math - not a spare seat or left over canolli in duh joint.
    ~Serene Chaos~

oh yah.. well i assume if you're a soccer fan you would have read it in this thread... all are welcome

Alright Perdictions from day 1?

Mine

Czech over the swiss 2-0
    Port over Turkey 2-1

Alright Perdictions from day 1?
    Christiano Ronaldo performs a triple backflip with a half-twist, and the judges score him a 9.2, losing points on over-emphasizing the twist. Frustrated, he blames a Turkish defender for impeding his attempt (even though he was nowhere in sight), and then sheds crocodile tears in an effort to sway the judges decision.

Christiano Ronaldo performs a triple backflip with a half-twist, and the judges score him a 9.2, losing points on over-emphasizing the twist. Frustrated, he blames a Turkish defender for impeding his attempt (even though he was nowhere in sight), and then sheds crocodile tears in an effort to sway the judges decision.
    HAHAHAHA....sad but true!!!
    i'll agree, 2-0 Czech, 2-1 Divers...i mean Portugal

Look at Italians making fun of the best player in the world today. I'm no Portuguese and nor do I root for them in soccer, but don't deny Ronaldo's skills. Name one player in Italian soccer that can challenge Ronaldo's skills. Roberto Baggio was the one and only I can remember in my life time and still he didn't come close to Ronaldo.

lol.... ah man.. actually made me laugh....
    I'm using that line during the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi86 View Post
    Look at Italians making fun of the best player in the world today. I'm no Portuguese and nor do I root for them in soccer, but don't deny Ronaldo's skills. Name one player in Italian soccer that can challenge Ronaldo's skills. Roberto Baggio was the one and only I can remember in my life time and still he didn't come close to Ronaldo.
    NOTE: I don't like Italy

But.... Cannavaro maybe...

One player doesnt win you anything...except Champions Leauge (ahem, Kaka, Ronaldo, etc)
    Yes ronaldo is the best player today, but hes also a crying little girl half the time...he just needs to grow up...he's been getting better, but still needs some time...

NOTE: I don't like Italy

But.... Cannavaro maybe...
    No way! He's a good leader but that's different from being a highly skilled player. Leaders make great captains but not great players. Defenders don't make that much of a difference in soccer, you need some exceptional midfielder or forward who will create opportunities to score to win games. A good offence will always beat a good defence and goalie. And at this time Ronaldo is one of the few players in the world who can make that difference during a game.
    On the other hand, he's the best Italy has because Italy only plays defence and attacks sporadically and scores only on break aways and counter attacks, kinda like Greece when they won EURO 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    One player doesnt win you anything...except Champions Leauge (ahem, Kaka, Ronaldo, etc)
    Yes ronaldo is the best player today, but hes also a crying little girl half the time...he just needs to grow up...he's been getting better, but still needs some time...
    For what reason does Ronaldo need more time? Champions league winner, top scorer in Premier league and Europe, Premier League champion. 42 goals in one season. Let the statistics speak aside from his exceptional skills. Don't underestimate the power of one exceptional player because Italy lacks one nowadays. Let me refresh your memory: Pele, Johan Cruyff, Diego Maradona, Zinedine Zidane, and now Christiano Ronaldo. Hopefully his injury won't affect his performance and we're gonna see some spectacular soccer when portugal plays.

For what reason does Ronaldo need more time? Champions league winner, top scorer in Premier league and Europe, Premier League champion. 42 goals in one season. Let the statistics speak aside from his exceptional skills. Don't underestimate the power of one exceptional player because Italy lacks one nowadays. Let me refresh your memory: Pele, Johan Cruyff, Diego Maradona, Zinedine Zidane, and now Christiano Ronaldo. Hopefully his injury won't affect his performance and we're gonna see some spectacular soccer when portugal plays.
    But he still cries!

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    But he still cries!
    I would cry if I lost at a Euro final, even worse if it was Greece beating my team twice at home! Speaking of crying, have you ever seen Italian players lose in the finals? It's even more disturbing watching men with long hair crying.

Can't wait till Saturday's kick off

It's even more disturbing watching men with long hair crying.

Can't wait till Saturday's kick off
    If your talking Hair thank got its Euro and we won't be subjected to the Argentines and their hair.

The game isnt played on paper...he can win whatever he wants.
    Clarence Seedorf won the Champions League 4 times...does that make him the best player alive? Hell no...Kaka has the same things as Ronaldo...plus one more, a World Cup...

Again, im not arguing that CR isnt a good player...he just needs to stop whining and diving

Quote Originally Posted by mauroACM View Post
    The game isnt played on paper...he can win whatever he wants.
    Clarence Seedorf won the Champions League 4 times...does that make him the best player alive? Hell no...Kaka has the same things as Ronaldo...plus one more, a World Cup...

Again, im not arguing that CR isnt a good player...he just needs to stop whining and diving
    Oh please, don't even make that comparison cause it's a false analogy. Seedorf is an OK player, but he's nowhere near Ronaldo. OK players are a dime a dozen in Europe. Seedorf has achieved those awards collectively with his team, but he never did anything exceptional on his own to attract any attention. I remember only 1 goal he scored from nearly midfield, that was a real rocket, but that was it. Kaka had great potential, but some players after they reach a certain point, they just don't care anymore. Kinda like Ronaldinho, 5 years ago everyone was wondering what this guy was gonna do when he would reach his mid/late 20s. Now even his own club doesn't want him. Same thing with Wane Rooney, last Euro everyone was like this guy is gonna be the best player in the world. That helped him establish some reputation and a good weekly pay cheque, now he doesn't care anymore.
    C. Ronaldo is one of the few who has kept the hunger for the sport alive the whole time Being the best in the world, this guy is always a target for butchers like Materazzi in every game. So sometimes diving is just a precaution to avoid injuries.
    What's worse is players with no skills diving just to win a free kick or penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    If your talking Hair thank got its Euro and we won't be subjected to the Argentines and their hair.
    HAHA! Funny as hell, but this brings us back to Italians. A lot of Argentine players are of Italian descent, look at their last names.

Oh please, don't even make that comparison cause it's a false analogy. Seedorf is an OK player, but he's nowhere near Ronaldo. OK players are a dime a dozen in Europe. Seedorf has achieved those awards collectively with his team, but he never did anything exceptional on his own to attract any attention. I remember only 1 goal he scored from nearly midfield, that was a real rocket, but that was it. Kaka had great potential, but some players after they reach a certain point, they just don't care anymore. Kinda like Ronaldinho, 5 years ago everyone was wondering what this guy was gonna do when he would reach his mid/late 20s. Now even his own club doesn't want him. Same thing with Wane Rooney, last Euro everyone was like this guy is gonna be the best player in the world. That helped him establish some reputation and a good weekly pay cheque, now he doesn't care anymore.
    C. Ronaldo is one of the few who has kept the hunger for the sport alive the whole time Being the best in the world, this guy is always a target for butchers like Materazzi in every game. So sometimes diving is just a precaution to avoid injuries.
    What's worse is players with no skills diving just to win a free kick or penalty.
    I never said Seedorf was on the same page as CR...i was just trying to prove a pointless point...that was a sweet goal.

Thats what Ronaldo is missing, a good national team behind him...then Portugal will do well...untill theres 22 more of him, they wont win anything...except maybe a Slouvaki eating contest.

And for the record, every team has Buchers Like Materazzi, personally i dont like him either...

I think if Pato stays healty, he'll be the next "big thing"...as much as i dont want Brazil to win again!

HAHA! Funny as hell, but this brings us back to Italians. A lot of Argentine players are of Italian descent, look at their last names.
    Pirlo has the best hair in soccer...hands down!!