Obeying the Speed Limit is a Safety Hazard

Thread: Obeying the Speed Limit is a Safety Hazard

Wink Obeying the Speed Limit is a Safety Hazard

Article

I wonder how long the media will play this one until lawmakers up the fines in a kneejerk reaction, (or more likely the polices crack down for tax revenuesafety)

Re: Obeying the Speed Limit is a Safety Hazard

Not entirely related to the work zones, but still the same problem.

Several years ago some guy in eastern ontario was charged with speeding at something like 120 or 130. He subsequently protested by driving in the slow lane at exactly 100 kph with signs on his vehicle protesting his speeding charge. He was pulled over for obstructing traffic and got charged.

The whole just of the story was that he gets nailed for speeding and then when he does the limit he got nailed as well. So much for slowing down making our roads safer I guess.

Can't remember the outcome exactly.

I went down to the Dragon a few weeks ago. I did roughly 5,000 km in about a week. On the way back the posted speeds on the interstate (I81) ranged from 50 mph to 65 mph, with construction zones usually at 45 mpg. Other than in construction zones, the traffic traveled at pretty much the same speed, with most traffic moving at roughly 70 to 75 mph. Other than in New York State (where I saw some speed enforcement on the open highways) there was little if any radar on the open highways, but almost every construction zone had State Troopers sitting there with radar. If you are down there I would make sure you take the speed limits in construction zones seriously!

..Tom

Quote Originally Posted by shinysideup View Post
    Article

I wonder how long the media will play this one until lawmakers up the fines in a kneejerk reaction, (or more likely the polices crack down for tax revenuesafety)
    2006 V-Strom DL650 * 202,000 km 125,500 miles * 2012 V-Strom DL650 *
    Ride Ride Ride!

Why Cars don't see bikes (SMIDSY)

SMIDSY detailed report

These days he and his friend would be charged with racing.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde