OPP Golden Helmets

Thread: OPP Golden Helmets

Thumbs up OPP Golden Helmets

I was involved in the Repatriation Drive yesterday as one of the drivers of the 83 red vehicles representing one of our fallen 83 soldiers. I can't say enough positive things about the OPP & the Golden Helmets with respect to this event. It also left me with a renewed appreciation for members of LE. The day could not have happened without the OPP, Toronto, Durham and many other police services.
    This thread really has nothing to do with Laws/Regulations/HTA, but has everything to do with some of the very best of our LE members, so I thought I'd post a thankyou to them here from all of the participants of yesterdays events and the friends & families of our soldiers, especially the 83 fallen.

Last edited by Agent13; 06-01-2008 at 09:51 AM.
    Get in sit down buckle up and shut up and hang on !

Re: OPP Golden Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
    I was involved in the Repatriation Drive yesterday as one of the drivers of the 83 red vehicles representing one of our fallen 83 soldiers. I can't say enough positive things about the OPP & the Golden Helmets with respect to this event. It also left me with a renewed appreciation for members of LE. The day could not have happened without the OPP, Toronto, Durham and many other police services.
    This thread really has nothing to do with Laws/Regulations/HTA, but has everything to do with some of the very best of our LE members, so I thought I'd post a thankyou to them here from all of the participants of yesterdays events and the friends & families of our soldiers, especially the 83 fallen.
    AMEN
    51 Panhead FL Chop, 2011 MV Agusta F4

I was wondering what this was about, I saw you guys go under the Brock street bridge.
    Glad it went well.
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

dropgear

i'm glad this worked out well, good job on participating. an honourable cause!

i would actually lose all hope in humanity if the police had been a hassle around an event like this. i've been to pride fest, caribana .. the police have always been really easygoing and helpful as well.

importfest and darknights, on the other hand, mmmmm not as much

The notion is good.

Pity the Red Friday's foundation is a FOR profit company. Further a pity they used the names of fallen soldiers without consent of the many of the Next of Kin. Worse yet that some of the families demanded their fallen soldiers name removed from the car and they weren't. Or how about the original red Friday's founder's names being used without permission, or photo's of soldiers being used without permission on their website.

This "foundation" may be doing some good, but they are also doing some bad at the same time.

I don't want to hear about any of this "greater good" crap.

As for the cops shutting down the highway? It's their job. I commend their superiors for giving them the instruction.

Nites

Quote Originally Posted by NiteshadeTA View Post
    The notion is good.

Pity the Red Friday's foundation is a FOR profit company. Further a pity they used the names of fallen soldiers without consent of the many of the Next of Kin. Worse yet that some of the families demanded their fallen soldiers name removed from the car and they weren't. Or how about the original red Friday's founder's names being used without permission, or photo's of soldiers being used without permission on their website.

This "foundation" may be doing some good, but they are also doing some bad at the same time.

I don't want to hear about any of this "greater good" crap.

As for the cops shutting down the highway? It's their job. I commend their superiors for giving them the instruction.

Nites

according to http://www.redfridays.ca/donations.html Red Friday is "a public awareness group that is a not for profit company"...

There is SO much you don't know.

Read up.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.p...603.0/all.html
    It's a long read but worth it.

This company is not a registered Non-profit organization but instead is a for profit company claiming to be non-profit. They have no legal requirement to make their financial books transparent. Top that off they blatantly disregard/ignore the next of Kin's request to remove her husband's name from their vehicle.

I strongly suggest if you want to support your fallen troops financially:
    http://www.cfpsa.com/en/index.asp
    or
    http://www.legion.ca/asp/docs/home/home_e.asp

Or use any other REGISTERED non-profit organization. The Legion is another great place to donate money towards our troops and their families.

Nites

There is SO much you don't know.

Read up.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.p...603.0/all.html
    It's a long read but worth it.

This company is not a registered Non-profit organization but instead is a for profit company claiming to be non-profit. They have no legal requirement to make their financial books transparent. Top that off they blatantly disregard/ignore the next of Kin's request to remove her husband's name from their vehicle.

I strongly suggest if you want to support your fallen troops financially:
    http://www.cfpsa.com/en/index.asp
    or
    http://www.legion.ca/asp/docs/home/home_e.asp

Or use any other REGISTERED non-profit organization. The Legion is another great place to donate money towards our troops and their families.

Nites
    score one for you, good sir. very interesting thread, especially the posts by one of the original ladies who started the wear red on fridays thing. i guess every war will have its profiteers, but making money from the deaths of our soldiers has to be the lowest form of this practice.

I'm glad you found the ARMY.ca forum, you would have then read this:

Agent13, Showing your support should NEVER upset anyone.
    I hope you continue to show your support in the future, your friend will appreciate it as will all other forces member's and families.

Enjoy you day tomorrow!!

Cheers.

It is true that Red Fridays should have gotten consent from all families before putting then names of the fallen on the side of the car. Just my opinion.

Regardless of whether it is a charity or a foundation, & I really could not tell you the difference, there was really only one main reason people like myself showed up, donated our cars, mc's, time & fuel, it was to show support for our troops, their families and our friends and neighbours in the Canadian Armed Forces.
    My buddy rode with me in his uniform, he will be posted next month, more of our military should have gone along, it was quite a show of support.
    The thousands of people who lined all the bridges, embankments, roadsides, including Firefighters, Paramedics, Legions standing with colours, LE the CAV and Vetrans did not care about the politics of Red Fridays. They were there to show thier support, honour the fallen and the families.
    As far as I am concerned, it was a good event, I participated for my own reasons, and am proud I was part of it.
    My intent on posting this, was that for a day, all people involved were equal in paying our respects to our soldiers. And if you were there, all members of Police Services, Firefighters, Rescue, Paramedics went a little beyond what their superiors asked them to do. The Golden Helmets did a good job & it's okay to thank them for doing it.
    I was one of the 83 +1 volunteer car drivers and there were at least another 500 MC & Veteran CAV riders.
    Last edited by Agent13; 06-02-2008 at 09:55 PM.

I believe whole heartedly in supporting our troops. That is whole principal of Red Friday's. Wear red and show your support. I am proud to see that you went far above and beyond the norm in showing your support, I only wish that more people visibly showed their support for our Canadian Forces.

Good for your buddy in uniform there. Nice to see cadpat I hope he has a quiet, smooth tour, and that he accomplishes all his mission objectives when he is on deployment in AF.

The army.ca thread shows all the arguments on this issue. I only ask for people to show your support! But make sure you give your money to the registered Non Profit organizations who will put that money to good use.

Show your support.

Niites

I believe whole heartedly in supporting our troops. That is whole principal of Red Friday's. Wear red and show your support. I am proud to see that you went far above and beyond the norm in showing your support, I only wish that more people visibly showed their support for our Canadian Forces.

Good for your buddy in uniform there. Nice to see cadpat I hope he has a quiet, smooth tour, and that he accomplishes all his mission objectives when he is on deployment in AF.

The army.ca thread shows all the arguments on this issue. I only ask for people to show your support! But make sure you give your money to the registered Non Profit organizations who will put that money to good use.

Show your support.

Niites
    Not a problem, next charity event will involve 2 on the floor & double overhead laces, Cancer Relay For life, June 20th.

Another point of my thread, is that quite a few enthusiasts regularly use thier collector/sport cars & bikes for charitible fundraiser events, in fact most cruise nights have 50/50 draws with the proceeds donated to charity.
    Get in sit down buckle up and shut up and hang on !