Guelph Police hopping curbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guelph Police hopping curbs

Guelph Police hopping curbs

riding on wellington in guelph between the old opp station and the manor (4 lane road).
    keeping my distance behind an unmarked cop, biker in red leathers coming in the opposite direction, cop hits his brakes, flips on the lights, sticks his hand out the window and tells the other guy to pull over.

The thing is that there's a full size curb (~7" high) between the directions, he drives over the curb, hits the bottom of his cruiser on it, then pulls up behind the poor biker.

what's the point of this post - as a warning, just because you're in the other direction doesn't mean cops aren't watching you and can't pull you over.

sidenote: didn't look like the biker was doing anything wrong. if he didn't stop there would be no way that the he woulda been caught.

Re: Guelph Police hopping curbs

I live in Guelph too, and if I wasn't/hadn't been doing anything wrong, he is welcome to pull me over and I would attempt to talk my way out of it. If I got the feeling when seeing a ****** off cop wheel his car over a curb like an irrate maniac, then I may just make him work for his money....bye

Now you know why our taxes are so high. We have to pay cops to wreck cars to babysit the general public's driving habits instead of doing real police work.

Maybe he recognized the biker as a bike he had pulled over recently and the cop knows the guy doesn't have a licence or insurance or something. So when he pointed to pull over, the biker did, knowing the cop knows who he is so he can't run.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

If the cop already spends the time to pull you over, he'll find a reason to ticket you (unless it's a ride/seatbelt check stop). They've got revenue generation performance expectations to meet.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    If the cop already spends the time to pull you over, he'll find a reason to ticket you (unless it's a ride/seatbelt check stop). They've got revenue generation performance expectations to meet.
    I have to agree with you, if the cop does something irratic like that. There's no way he's letting you off.

I'd be interested to see how many times an officer actually lets someone off in comparison to issuing citations. Unfortunately with performance expectations, police aren't allowed to actually be public servants. Instead they are forced to collect taxes for the government even when the sitation probably warrants a good lecture in the interest of public safety.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

I can tell you right now.. Under 10% of the stops (not counting RIDE and seat belt checks). I only got let off once and that was because I timed the light perfectly. Compared to his coleagues he was being a nice guy b/c he didn't slap me with a bogus charge as a couple of other constables did.
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

motley
    I can tell you right now.. Under 10% of the stops (not counting RIDE and seat belt checks). I only got let off once and that was because I timed the light perfectly. Compared to his coleagues he was being a nice guy b/c he didn't slap me with a bogus charge as a couple of other constables did.
    The last three times that I've been pulled over by the cops have resulted in a verbal warning, all were for speeding, twice in the car, once on the bike. You guys must rub them the wrong way.

Rz350rider

Quote Originally Posted by motley View Post
    The last three times that I've been pulled over by the cops have resulted in a verbal warning, all were for speeding, twice in the car, once on the bike. You guys must rub them the wrong way.
    Or you just rub them the right way

haha jk

motley

Quote Originally Posted by Rz350rider View Post
    Or you just rub them the right way

haha jk

It's certainly less expensive........whatever I'm doing.

Rz350rider

this is true, how exactly what is it your doing????

Maybe he was after buddy for doing something else "earlier or what ever"...

Maybe he's gay and loves red leather suits...

Maybe it's his brother and wanted him to pick up some weed for the week end...

Maybe he just likes to busts the suspentions off the crown vics

You get the idea
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

i was walking south on erin mills parkway near sheridan mall...from the qew north past dundas there is a concrete divider curb, and not a short one either...i hear this loud bang, and i turn my head to see this dude trying to do a U-Turn over the concrete median...the funny part was that his van hit the curb and bounced back, to which he had another go, just faster, at running the curb...the van bounced up onto the curb, and just as the rear tires were about to hit to go up, the front end comes down the other side...there was this god awful metal scraping noise on the median...he just kept giving it more gas...i was amazed, i thought for sure it would be stuck on the mdeian...lol...

Rz350rider

there are some real gems out there....

Quote Originally Posted by DucDic View Post
    i was walking south on erin mills parkway near sheridan mall...from the qew north past dundas there is a concrete divider curb, and not a short one either...i hear this loud bang, and i turn my head to see this dude trying to do a U-Turn over the concrete median...the funny part was that his van hit the curb and bounced back, to which he had another go, just faster, at running the curb...the van bounced up onto the curb, and just as the rear tires were about to hit to go up, the front end comes down the other side...there was this god awful metal scraping noise on the median...he just kept giving it more gas...i was amazed, i thought for sure it would be stuck on the mdeian...lol...
    probably the road test to become a boy in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rz350rider View Post
    there are some real gems out there....
    OPP marine units are the best, the majority have barely been on boats, know nothing of the culture or etiquette, and are basically clueless are different marine regs & fishing rules. Getting asked for my ownership while in a canoe was a prelude to a 20min argument about what safety equipment was mandatory or not.

The OPP, unlike most municipality PD's, generally just assign officers to marine units like a regular patrol instead of letting officers who may go boating volunteer. It leads to some fun times. Personal fav, forgetting to set the parking brake while loading the boat on the trailer.

ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Motley.. I have no idea.. I'm always courteous, stop safely and don't get worked up.. If I'm cagin' it, I make sure that I turn on the dome light at night. If I'm on the bike, I make sure the lid is off and the key is in the gas cap and not the ignition. Basically, I try to make it easy on'em..
    Maybe I should take my time before pulling over, insult the cop and make threatening gestures instead

motley

Motley.. I have no idea
    It could be age..........I'm sure I've got a few years on you.

That is a possibility.. I've only been pulled over once since the age of 26 (currently 2 and haven't been pulled over between the ages of 22 and 26.

Rz350rider

those pictures are priceless, where abouts did you manage to take those???

awesome pics of the new Ford Excursion Submarine prototype

Classified pics them are! lol

I love em, poor guy in the boat like it or not is going to go swimming!
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

Are you serious??...A cop driving over a curb is post worthy??

This forum seems to be becoming a cop bashing forum - and nothing to do with the actual laws.
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!