Rider down at Mosport!

Thread: Rider down at Mosport!

Rider down at Mosport!

Had an awesome day coaching at Mosport lapping day. C6Z06 SRT8 Cherokee 993 to name a few. I heard sirens but thought nothing of it until I saw the air ambulance circling the track overhead.

I initially thought it was the Mosport go kart track until I left for the day. The Police had blocked off the road just past the entrance road to Mosport and that is when I saw the bike in the guardrail and the shoes on the road.

What a bummer to the day.

RIP biker if you indeed left us.
    Cam
    DR.ZED
    09 Jetta clean diesel. M6
    07 Honda Shadow Spirit C2 VTX750C27
    85 BMW 325e - the race car

Re: Rider down at Mosport!

Knew this would turn up, my friend thought it was me as he drove by and called me to check, you assume the worst, hope it is not so.

I hope it's a case of GWS instead of RIP.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I was at Mosport when it happened.The Harley rider hit a guardrail according to reports and was in very bad shape.Apparently the chopper left the scene empty,very sad.A lot of people arriving for the DOCC event this weekend had to drive past the scene and the atmosphere was very sombre.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

Any word on his condition? I hope he's still alive, kickin' and that he'll be back on 2 wheels in no time.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Here's the news article.He lost his leg in the crash and is very lucky to be alive.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

http://www.mykawartha.com/news/article/29546

Is this the Accident ? It doesn't appear he survived.

R.I.P

Wow, that is sad, RIP. Ducati day claimed a life last year too, when that Nestleton rider went down on the vintage bike. I was there for that one.
    I see how my friend mistook this one for a sportbike, looks more like a Duc than a Harley.

Rest in peace rider.
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

Wow, truely a sad story to read.

RIP.

Banned

A buddy of mine works in Emerg at Sunnybrook and was there when he was brought in. Head injury. Very bad aparently. Bucket helmet i believe.

The confusion with the leg was that the call from med/evac was that he had severed his leg, as well as damaged his head, in the accident.

Turns out he had a prosthetic leg, which was thrown clear during the accident. Caused quite a few raised eyebrows when he came in, as there was a team ready to deal with a "traumatic amputation" when they figgured it out.

Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    A buddy of mine works in Emerg at Sunnybrook and was there when he was brought in. Head injury. Very bad aparently. Bucket helmet i believe.

The confusion with the leg was that the call from med/evac was that he had severed his leg, as well as damaged his head, in the accident.

Turns out he had a prosthetic leg, which was thrown clear during the accident. Caused quite a few raised eyebrows when he came in, as there was a team ready to deal with a "traumatic amputation" when they figgured it out.

Very sad.
    In one shot in the article video you can see a white bowl helmet, they're a waste of money imho, stats show ~60% of motorcycle helmet collisions during impact occur below the ears...

rip
    Last edited by gooserex; 05-27-2008 at 09:29 PM.

R.i.p.

RIP fallen rider
    "To be Old and Wise you must first be Young and Stupid"

R.I.P Sooo sad
    GSXRGIRL

RIP to the rider, condolences to the family!
    "Work it harder make it better, do it faster makes us stronger.
    Now that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger!"

Fatal Motor Vehicle Collision26-May-2008 10:04 PSTA 52-year-old Lindsay man succumbed to injuries suffered after the motorcycle he was operating left the roadway and struck a steel guardrail in Clarington.

On Friday, May 23rd, 2008 at approximately 3:45 p.m. officers from 16 Division (Clarington) were called to a single motor vehicle collision on Regional Road 20 and Concession 10 in the Municipality of Clarington.

Witnesses reported that a 52-year-old Lindsay man was operating a 2008 Harley Davison motorcycle eastbound on Regional Road 20 in the area of Concession 10. As the male entered into a left hand curve on Regional Road 20, at the intersection of Concession 10, the bike left the roadway and entered onto the east gravel shoulder, before striking the metal guard rail and being thrown from the motorcycle.

Clarington Fire Durham EMS attended the scene and assisted the victim. The male was airlifted from the scene and taken to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto with serious life threatening injuries. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital on Saturday morning.

The deceased man has been identified as Doug JENKINS, age 52, of Bond Street in Lindsay.

The Durham Regional Police Collision Investigation Unit was called to the scene and the roadway was closed for several hours as evidence was gathered. Road and weather conditions were favorable at the time of the collision and are not believed to be factors.

Investigators are interested in speaking with the drivers of two dump trucks that were observed on the curve at the time of the collision, one facing westbound on the curve and the other facing eastbound, following the rider. No contact took place between the motorcycle and the trucks; however police are interested in speaking to the operators or other witnesses.

The investigation is continuing.

Just fiured I'd post this.

Turns out this man, Doug Jenkins, was taking his M1X course through Durham College with us this weekend.

RIP sir.

-Matt

I had no idea prior to this past weekend that this man was a very close freind of one of my cousins from Milton.

Such a shame as it was always his dream to own a Harley and he has only had the bike not 10 minutes before the accident.

RIP Buddy