Tape for Headlights

Thread: Tape for Headlights

Tape for Headlights

Anyone have recommendations on what kind of tape to use for headlights and tail lights? Also any idea where I can get a bottle of water wetter?

Re: Tape for Headlights

I'd suggest electrical tape over duct, only because it doesn't leave a residue, if you can, pull your fuses for your lights too.

water wetter you should be able to buy at crappy tire or any bike shop. walmart might even carry it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupe View Post
    Anyone have recommendations on what kind of tape to use for headlights and tail lights? Also any idea where I can get a bottle of water wetter?
    You could also use painters tape. Won't leave a mark. Easy on, easy off.

AJ

Use whatever you want (suggest painters/masking), but PULL THE FUSES. The lights will burn the tape to the lense.
    People who do things badly are usually supremely confident of their abilities -- more confident, in fact, than people who do things well.

Vinyl tape is by far the best bet... that's really what electrical tape is. If you keep painters tape on for a prolonged period of time, it will start to stick like a mofo... but usually for a day it is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Metastable View Post
    Vinyl tape is by far the best bet... that's really what electrical tape is. If you keep painters tape on for a prolonged period of time, it will start to stick like a mofo... but usually for a day it is OK.
    I didnt ride again last year after the last track day of the season, and just got around to pulling the painters tape off this spring...it was a pain at first, but once I put the heat gun to it it peeled right off like I had just put it on.
    Newcastle, On.

Ive had trouble finding water wetter in the GTA.
    The only place I found some was at Performance Improvements. It is not the water wetter by name (made by royal purple) but does the same thing and was told it works better.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!