Algonquin Park Ride May 24th - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Algonquin Park Ride May 24th

Homewrecker

Re: Algonquin Park Ride May 24th

I'd love to go for this but I get off night shift that morning and riding all day on no sleep is not an option. Hopefully next time.

I've printed the route and maybe one day if I'm bored I'll attempt it by myself.

See you all soon
    .................If you are gonna ride my *ss, at least pull my hair..
    SMILE. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips KNOW YOUR LIMIT, RIDE WITHIN IT......please no more R.I.P
    RIDE SAFE ALL,
    Smiles...Kari
    02' GSX600F, 05' Hayabusa
    SPONSOR ME......... http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1094

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900740584

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...cancitieson_en

I got home safe. I did about 695 KM. Thanks Lynn, it was a fun ride. Nice meeting everyone.
    Toronto
    1999 Katana 600

got home just in time for Corner Gas. Thanks LRB for organizing the ride, had a good time.

Great day, I got in 695Kms too. After I left the group, I had a blistering trip down North Baptiste lake rd. Had a couple pops with my buddy George, then took Red Bird's advice and went north to 515/514, then back down 118,507, down to Bridgenorth, and then got tired and Highway the rest of the way. I need a rear tire now.
    Inferno, check in, hope you got back without incident, thanks for the excitement.

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

glad you folks enjoyed it. I enjoyed leading it.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

We got home safely . Thanks LRB for leading the ride and charlesfor sweep , me and my wife had fun.Nice meeting everybody. I hope my wife will be riding next time.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

Hi all,
    Kari and I got separated on the 115. She wanted to go faster with Lighta's group that passed me, and I had no intention of loosing my licence/bike on the highway on the way home. So I rode all the way home and didn't have to stop for gas, she did. I beat her home by about 20 minutes. We did 912 km total today.

Thanks for leading the ride LRB. That was a great day of riding. Nice pace. Not too fast and not too slow. Great roads out that way.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

you are welcome. I am planning a ride out east to more roads are similar to the nicer roads we where on. Keep an eye out for a calabogie run you will like it.
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Got home at 9pm. The DVP was back logged so I ended up taking Avenue rd. Had to stop off at California sandwiches before I went home.

Thanks again for organizing LRB it was beautiful day for a ride. That route was good maybe next time we can make stops where there are restrooms(not a complaint). It's just that I've been domesticated.

Gixxer girl and boy thanks for leading in the morning you two were gentle with me.

Mr. Honda Interceptor that was nice pace going home just takin' it easy.

Would have been nice to know how many k's. Must get new speedo cable, I'm assuming 700+ of fun. Good to meet all of you.
    EX 500
    Ride Safe

"What a feeling... take your passion and make it happen"
    Irene Cara

Was loop Road, open? or is it still closed for repairs?
    "Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of bad experience comes from bad judgment."

I agree with all, thanks LRB for the ride, great day, great route and the pace was perfect for all.

It was awesome to meet everyone and get to know some fellow riders.

Glad I read these posts again, now I better understand what happened. I was in Lighta's group on the 115 (four of us where going pretty good - thanks to the lead, I was the fourth) and at one point I passed Kira, guess this was when she needed gas - she just disappeared and I had wondered what happened.

Gabe (speedoless) we did 701 from my house. And thanks for letting me know about the ride, much appreciated, had a great day - now suffering from the sunburn...

Good ride today .. sorry i had to cut out short. I had previous engagements already for the afternoon.

Uniongoon .. hopefully i gave you enough excitement for this weekend .. lol.

yes good ride today

900+ kms AWESOME

Hey All, as you know I made it back. VFRchris, I thought you were "MY" Chris when we sped up on 115, guess I was going too fast to notice heh heh, . Thanks to the Kawi rider (sorry forgot your name) who let me tag along till you hit the collectors.

Big props to Lynn (LRB) for an amazing day, great roads, no incidents and especially for pickin up' the pace on 35 greatly appreciated. I seen your gesture and was thinking the same thing as you... "DAMN" when we got stuck behind those 3 cars on that HUGE sweeper then the last of the twisties for the day.

Mathew, thanks for letting me ride your *ss most of the day, I am so use to riding really close (hope it didn't make you too uneasy). To the other Kat rider (Amalan) was great seeing you tailin' me the whole way, nice to keep up with the big bike eh?

To the guys who headed off elsewhere, it way great meeting you all. Chris (inferno) was finally good to put a face to the name, and I hope you guys had a great afternoon. Dan if you ever see that decal again snag me one will yeah!

Great meeting everyone, Lita always a pleasure girl and the funny guy with you providing the laughs. Djez, hopefully your wife is riding next time.

Ok, done now. sneak peak pics below (note: the guy washing his visor,) the rest will be on facebook soon. I am outta here going for a ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00331.JPG   DSC00282.JPG   DSC00334.JPG   DSC00338.JPG   DSC00359.JPG  

DSC00320.JPG   DSC00328.JPG   DSC00317.JPG   DSC00296.jpg   DSC00318.JPG  

Last edited by karigotu; 05-25-2008 at 08:36 AM.
    .................If you are gonna ride my *ss, at least pull my hair..
    SMILE. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips KNOW YOUR LIMIT, RIDE WITHIN IT......please no more R.I.P
    RIDE SAFE ALL,
    Smiles...Kari
    02' GSX600F, 05' Hayabusa
    SPONSOR ME......... http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1094

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900740584

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...cancitieson_en

Quote Originally Posted by dyno View Post
    Was loop Road, open? or is it still closed for repairs?
    Open and paved in that spot FYI Loop road is a major road for up there and they tend to fix them quickly.

Thanks for leading Lynn. I had a blast. Great to meet and ride with all of you : )

Well behaved bunch. My speedo does not go over 100km.........so I have no idea what happened on the 115 (muahahahahaha)

Gixxie turned 30K too; after that 700km ride!

I still can't believe I said no to MOOSETRACKS - next time I'll have to save room for two scoops!

Speaking of moose - that was a nice sight through Algonquin

Like expected, we saw you guys through Algonquin. I was gonna ask if you saw the moose as well, but I take it you did. We got some pics of it, and of our trip if you're interested in looking:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...753#post606753
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

Thanks for the heads up on the road conditions