How the TMP doubleheader on May 18, 19 went

Thread: How the TMP doubleheader on May 18, 19 went

How the TMP doubleheader on May 18, 19 went

I was there, and here is a brief report

things actually went quite well
    Sunday turned out to be very wet and windy - the riders were given rain cheques for the next day (or any other furure day). This comes right out of Cayugas pocket, when is the last time you heard of a refund due to weather? A very nice piece of public relations to Cayuga here, hats off to them.

The same crew that runs the PIMP days ran this day - if you have been to a PIMP day then you know how things work.
    The ambulance was not needed for a crash which is always good. Safe days are good days

There were 4 corner workers at all times
    Each had a fire extinguisher, a radio and flags.
    The ambulance was there on time
    the gate was open on time
    the day ran on time.

2 groups were run due to not a lot of riders showing up, tons of track time for everyone

Anyone that was there care to comment?

Please don't comment in this thread on how things were in the past, just comment on how this doubleheader was run and if it was to your satisfaction.

Donald
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Re: How the TMP doubleheader on May 18, 19 went

Well, I wasn't there, but props to TMP for what sounds like a well run day. Good to hear.

I replied in the other thread before you made this one.

That sounds like a good start, nice improvement over last season. And it's good to see (hear) that Vanessa & TMP was able to deliver what she promised.

4 marshals out on the track with radios, fire extinguishers etc. That is good.

Will the PIMP people be running every day or was this a one time thing?

It does suck about the weather, but it's nice to see rain checks given out.

Were there any things that they could work on?

Hopefully it will be like that for the rest of the season.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

The guys from the PIMP crew/team are not able to run all the Cayuga days due to them wanting to have a life. Talks are continuing and we will likely be running more of their days in the future.

This weekend was a test to see if the PIMP crew could work with the Cayuga organization. No compromises of safety, overbooking, no short staffing of marshalls, etc.

The PIMP crew is only affiliated with PIMP as it was the same crew - NOT the same organizers.

PIMP track days are not affiliated with Cayuga days in any way shape or form.

It is simply that Cayuga came looking for experieced track management and the people that work for PIMP were available.

The team will rebrand and rename their team of workers so as to not confuse people with the actual PIMP days that run out of Shannonville and have nothing to do with Cayuga days.

GWB is the name of the crew
    GWB = Guys with Bikes

There is always room for improvement, and the best part is that Cayuga is listening to us.
    The best part is that Cayuga realizes the importance of having well run trackdays with experienced crew.
    If things stop working the way that they should the GWB crew will have to move on to greener pastures.

PIMP days will continue exactly the same as in the past - great days as always.

I can't promise as to what other days there will be like, but the days that the GWB crew run will be run as best as they are able.

[QUOTE=Dj Eclipse;601819]That sounds like a good start, nice improvement over last season. And it's good to see (hear) that Vanessa & TMP was able to deliver what she promised.

4 marshals out on the track with radios, fire extinguishers etc. That is good.

Will the PIMP people be running every day or was this a one time thing?

It does suck about the weather, but it's nice to see rain checks given out.

Were there any things that they could work on?

You want to have a life? lol I thought running track days is your life

Hopefully TMP has the capability to run a safe, orgainsed track day when PIMP (GWB) can't do it.

When is the next date you will be running the TMP day?
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

Beyond the weather , over all it was well organized.
    not to mention that on sunday by 1 they gave us the option to call it a day and give out credits for a future track day , that is a first for me
    I have been to a lot of rained out events and this is a first ,
    Credit to TMP for doing that.

we will let you know when we decide what future dates GWB will run

Donald

Hi guys, I'm glad to hear that the majority was pleased with the way the event was handled. Jenn and I both worked very hard to try to make this a good event and both of us suffered through the cold, wind and rain at the track all weekend.

It was nice to have an opportunity to meet a bunch of the riders and put a face to the name.

Special thanks go the PIMP boys and everyone who volunteered to help do corner work. Also Jenn and I are looking into professional marshalls, but until this can be implemented we will still need the help of riders who can volunteer some time.

Because of the weather and the numerous beginners at the Sunday event, we left the decision up to the riders, and the majority ruled to rain check the event.

As I stated before, we are going to try to continuiously improve the events for all the riders in the future. Your feedback is appreciated.

Vanessa

Quote Originally Posted by TMPracing View Post
    Hi guys, I'm glad to hear that the majority was pleased with the way the event was handled. Jenn and I both worked very hard to try to make this a good event and both of us suffered through the cold, wind and rain at the track all weekend.

It was nice to have an opportunity to meet a bunch of the riders and put a face to the name.

Special thanks go the PIMP boys and everyone who volunteered to help do corner work. Also Jenn and I are looking into professional marshalls, but until this can be implemented we will still need the help of riders who can volunteer some time.

Because of the weather and the numerous beginners at the Sunday event, we left the decision up to the riders, and the majority ruled to rain check the event.

As I stated before, we are going to try to continuiously improve the events for all the riders in the future. Your feedback is appreciated.

Vanessa
    Good to hear.

Unfortunately it was probably the worst may 24 weekend we've had in a long time, cold and rain together always sucks.

Hopefully we'll get all the crappy weather out of the way and the rest of the season will be sunny and warm.

It's good to hear a date took a turn for the better, even though it was a little low on rider numbers.

I still have a silly issue with this whole "Volunteer for time" marshal thing. It is NOT the riders issue or responsibility to provide marshaling for Cayuga. It is Cayuga's responsibility to provide PROPER and TRAINED marshals who know what they are doing.

If a Cayuga person is reading this, READ CAREFULLY. If a fall or injury occurs, and it can be pointed that Cayuga did not have sufficient, properly trained, or in any way deficient staff of any type servicing the track that day, all the waivers in the world cannot help. Negligence cannot be dismissed through a waiver. Criminal negligence especially so. Non-professionally trained marshal? Medical staff (St. John's first Aid???) that would be lost in the case of a spinal injury or have little experience with motorsport (or motorcycle) injuries? Lack of hay bales or air fencing? Being reminded constantly, and having issues made aware of and failing to act in the best interests of safety simply is negligence.

Again, good to hear a good day was run, everything on time. Get the marshals up to strength, and pay them. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people and pro marshals wouldn't mind coming out for a pay check and doing a proper and good job. Some proper medical staff wouldnt hurt either.

The track owner has realized that CMRC marshalls are the way to go - being able to get some of them in time is the next challenge. He has told me that they will be getting them. In the meantime TMP is trying to do the best they can by having track riders be marshalls.

To the riders that promised to come help and didn't show - that helped re-enforce to TMP that CMRC marshalls are the way to go.

I didn't ask to see the credentials of the ambulance worker and cannot comment. We did talk on a social basis, nothing more.

A load of strawbales is one of the things that the GWB crew is asking for - I'm holding my cards for the moment till things get worked out.

your input is appreciated