I'm switching to 4 strokes.

Thread: I'm switching to 4 strokes.

I'm switching to 4 strokes.

After a rough weekend with 4 hours of it spent in Emerg in Huntsville I have decided 2-Strokes and I are not longer friends. Despite the injuries (that I give 3 days before I am on my bike again), I am now looking for a 4 stroke bike preferably a YZF250, CRF250, YZ250F. Anyone know of any let me know. Being back on the dirt (for all of 10 minutes before my crash) rekindled my passion for riding in it. With two nasty 2 stroke injuries in the last year, it's time for me to seek the safe road.

Pics of the accident will be posted shortly complete with behind the scenes footage of hospitals in hick towns....

See you all in a few days once I figure out how to rig up my bike with a knee brace, mummified leg and a splint .....

Re: I'm switching to 4 strokes.

Sorry to hear about your injury/injuries. Get well soon!

Ouch Banger that sucks, hope you heal up well

Interesting...

How is a 4 stroke safer than a 2 stroke? My KTM 450 had just as much potential to maim me as any of the recent 2 stroke offerings. Unless of course you were riding a TM400 or some other ill handling monster. In that case you were asking for trouble.

Regardless, heal up fast!
    Semper ubi sub ubi

Quote Originally Posted by BrianZ View Post
    Interesting...

How is a 4 stroke safer than a 2 stroke? My KTM 450 had just as much potential to maim me as any of the recent 2 stroke offerings. Unless of course you were riding a TM400 or some other ill handling monster. In that case you were asking for trouble.

Psychological perhaps.... or maybe I am just cursed on the machines.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Heal up soon,, hope you feel better soon.

Early 80's,,Shannonville,, Apex of Turn 1, '78 RD400 Daytona Special,, Seized Tight,, Last time I rode a 2 stroke... I can relate,,,

But on the positive side, my right knee is pretty good at forecasting rain,

Banger sorry to hear of your bail, glad to hear your okay...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianZ View Post
    Interesting...

+1

I ride a 4stroke and I have a total blast on the 2strokes...soo much fun in the pitts. I prefer a 4stroke on trails though.I think that the 4 strokes feel more "predictable" which I suppose could result in fewer injuries...but it's all what you get used to

I personally think I could ride a XR250 faster than a CR250 because I wouldnt be confident on the 2stroke

Hope u feel better soon.

PS- Where did u hurt yourself in Huntsville?! I got a cottage in Huntsville we are going to get a ride together soon!

2 strokes make me nervous me I'm dying
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    +1

I ride a 4stroke and I have a total blast on the 2strokes...soo much fun in the pitts. I prefer a 4stroke on trails though.I think that the 4 strokes feel more "predictable" which I suppose could result in fewer injuries...but it's all what you get used to

I personally think I could ride a XR250 faster than a CR250 because I wouldnt be confident on the 2stroke

Hope u feel better soon.

PS- Where did u hurt yourself in Huntsville?! I got a cottage in Huntsville we are going to get a ride together soon!

2 strokes make me nervous me I'm dying
    Don't get me wrong. I still love 2-Strokes ... I just want something different in terms of riding now.

I was just north of Huntsville in a town called Sundridge or something like that. We tried to go to the health clinic in Burkes Falls but they were useless and we had to drive into Huntsville. As soon as I get myself patched up I will be up for a ride out there. Trails were awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I still love 2-Strokes ... I just want something different in terms of riding now.

I was just north of Huntsville in a town called Sundridge or something like that. We tried to go to the health clinic in Burkes Falls but they were useless and we had to drive into Huntsville. As soon as I get myself patched up I will be up for a ride out there. Trails were awesome!
    The trails are so surreal, and the surrounding environment with rivers and stuff is just so much fun!

have a 05 CRF 250 for sale right now..

Quote Originally Posted by AC View Post
    have a 05 CRF 250 for sale right now..
    how much?

$3500 for the bike has new chain and sprockets LGS suspension valveing runs and rides perfect.. renthal fat bars and a AVS clutch handle too
    call me (905) 261-3093

what he said ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    how much?

have you tried havier flywheel for trails and rejeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    After a rough weekend with 4 hours of it spent in Emerg in Huntsville I have decided 2-Strokes and I are not longer friends. Despite the injuries (that I give 3 days before I am on my bike again), I am now looking for a 4 stroke bike preferably a YZF250, CRF250, YZ250F. Anyone know of any let me know. Being back on the dirt (for all of 10 minutes before my crash) rekindled my passion for riding in it. With two nasty 2 stroke injuries in the last year, it's time for me to seek the safe road.
    Pics of the accident will be posted shortly complete with behind the scenes footage of hospitals in hick towns....
    See you all in a few days once I figure out how to rig up my bike with a knee brace, mummified leg and a splint .....
    As long as you keep it to a 250 you may be alright, but from my experience, when 4 strokes bite, they tend to bite harder, its a weight thing.
    Or is it a right wrist control issue ? (aka traction/acceleration control)