159km over the Speed Limit - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 159km over the Speed Limit

Re: 159km over the Speed Limit

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    I had one of 'dem super-turbo-charged Tritons in my K-car.. It could go 240km/h and I regularly took it to 290.. Just ask the guy with a big growing nose, holding a radar gun!!!
    lol well said!

Oh how I miss my old dodge spirit. Many a speeding tickets in that thing! haha
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Quote Originally Posted by psycho44 View Post
    man I need to get a car that "technically" can't do 300 and race it to 310 because I know it will get thrown out in court.
    Strap a rocket pack to the side of your moped?

I think the government should use all Bill 203 money to subsidize and create more drag strips and race tracks.

Caught doing 50 over and CONVICTED, you should have to attend BOTH an accident/victim course and a track day (to show you how fun it can be to do it away from the streets)

This is proactive law enforcement but of course our politicians will never go for it because actual public safety is very low on the priority list for traffic enforcement.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Smile Re: 159km over the Speed Limit

NOW ive been on this forum for just over 2 years now and this makes my 60th post and i have never bashed anyone this far YET but when HALF YOU CLOWNS have never even seen inside of a lincoln PERIOD .........i dont think you have the right to comment on this subject at all HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P_00263.jpg   P_00264.jpg   P_00265.jpg   P_00266.JPG   P_00267.JPG  

P_00268.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JTRUDEL90 View Post
    NOW ive been on this forum for just over 2 years now and this makes my 60th post and i have never bashed anyone this far YET but when HALF YOU CLOWNS have never even seen inside of a lincoln PERIOD .........i dont think you have the right to comment on this subject at all HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY
    so your pretty much one of the morons who was with them that instigated him to go that fast??? or do you like going 260 in a full size sedan.... tell what bike do you ride and whats your plate?? i feel like throwing bricks at you from my drivers window

sorry your right i should do it in a civic right ..........and who said anything about me owning a lincoln ls ........

Quote Originally Posted by busa_fanatic_gsxr View Post
    tell what bike do you ride and whats your plate??
    Want his address too? Gunna look him up or something..... ask him out on a date???

Quote Originally Posted by busa_fanatic_gsxr View Post
    so your pretty much one of the morons who was with them that instigated him to go that fast???
    It's also great that you assume because he has pictures of a Lincoln LS going 260km/h means he was with them, and who knows if he even knew the people charged. You have no idea where those pictures came from, who they are from, or where and when they were taken. You "busa_fanatic_gsxr" have just proven that you're the newb or idiot in this situation for chiming in on something you don't even know about and making idiotic assumptions.

So you have pics of a LS speedo showing an indicated 260. First, the speedo might not be accurate, second, if it is accurate then clearly this car has been modified at a minimum with the restrictor removed, and possibly some power adders.

Either way, if I was the kid and was defending this charge in court, I would be attempting to prove that the car was stock and that the limiter is for 225 and therefore the cops radar reading was wrong.

I can post a picture of my Sundace speedo saying it goes 240.....so what. Speedos are notoriously inaccurate at high speeds AND who's to say what's done to the car.

I'm willing to take the manufacturer's specs over a picture of a speedo when i'm judging top speed.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Must have took a very long time to get to 260 km/h or a real gas hog. You can see the fuel needle moves downward in each of the pictures

the pictures were taken while on a dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by gtidrvr View Post
    Dyno doesn't give a true top speed reading. The biggest issue with top speed is wind resistance.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Snobike Mike View Post
    Huh?? The car was clocked doing 239 and yet later it talks about the car being able to do 225?

Are we sure that car can go that fast?
    it sounds like my old boss's kid..and yes that car will go that fast even faster..
    if it is him. that car has a roush/yates nascar spec motor (about40 000.00$) in it.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    I think the government should use all Bill 203 money to subsidize and create more drag strips and race tracks.

Caught doing 50 over and CONVICTED, you should have to attend BOTH an accident/victim course and a track day (to show you how fun it can be to do it away from the streets)

This is proactive law enforcement but of course our politicians will never go for it because actual public safety is very low on the priority list for traffic enforcement.
    building race track is the last thing they want.why?
    their no money in it for them.what cayuga bring in, in taxes what maybe 10g a good week end.
    from the 163 racing charges the laid over the long weekend thats something like 400g..get it
    they so could put a race track at dixie/darry. but they wont.

Quote Originally Posted by gtidrvr View Post

Nope, that picture is from a stock v8 Lincoln LS, while driving, and not on a Dyno!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball027 View Post
    Nope, that picture is from a stock v8 Lincoln LS, while driving, and not on a Dyno!!!
    Then clearly the car was either not stock (since they are limited to 225) or the speedo is WAY off.