50+ or 150+ difference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50+ or 150+ difference?

50+ or 150+ difference?

Just been thinking, if anyone gets caught for doing 50km/h+ or a 150 km/h+ does it make a difference in the charge? or you would get a beating on the side of the road?

Nas
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

Re: 50+ or 150+ difference?

i believe charge is the same (unless they throw in reckless/careless for going 150+ )...but the fine is $20/km over the limit, right?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Doesn't the race/stunt law mention up to 6 months in jail?
    I suppose that what you'd get if you do something that crazy

...at some point speeding becomes dangerous driving, which is a crimminal charge.

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    ...at some point speeding becomes dangerous driving, which is a crimminal charge.
    True. Even if it doesn't, I'd be willing to lay odds that the JP would tend to move the fine toward the upper limit ($10K) on the stunting charge.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I know you are just asking for being curious, but if someones going 150+ why stop?

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    I know you are just asking for being curious, but if someones going 150+ why stop?
    because of the two airplanes in the air
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

Quote Originally Posted by masalma View Post
    touche

Quote Originally Posted by masalma View Post

A little birdie told me that if you are traveling at a high rate of speed and happen to attract the attention of a helicopter or airplane, head towards Pearson airport.
    As the little birdie said, they do not have authorization to fly close to the airport and disturb International travel so they can stop a speeder.

Just an fyi.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by dwebber7878 View Post
    A little birdie told me that if you are traveling at a high rate of speed and happen to attract the attention of a helicopter or airplane, head towards Pearson airport.
    As the little birdie said, they do not have authorization to fly close to the airport and disturb International travel so they can stop a speeder.
    And you can do some ramping while you're there as well...

Quote Originally Posted by dwebber7878 View Post

Just an fyi.
    This depends on Pearson really....if its a busy time they will deny the aircraft from even approaching the airport and if its not busy they'll let it fly right through/around it.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

Adison

When is pearson not busy.... ?

CAV_MAN

Quote Originally Posted by Adison View Post
    When is pearson not busy.... ?
    Late at night, when some people speed the most.
    Last edited by CAV_MAN; 05-18-2008 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Flames View Post
    This depends on Pearson really....if its a busy time they will deny the aircraft from even approaching the airport and if its not busy they'll let it fly right through/around it.

Someone correct me if im wrong.
    Consider yourself corrected.
    There is a long line of aircraft waiting to land at almost any given time of the day, with exception of 2:00am to 6:00am when flights are not allowed to be scheduled to land. If they disturb the regular flow, they then have a large group of aircraft in a holding pattern as well as aircraft approaching for a scheduled landing.
    Even when Pearson is "not busy" they still have a lot of aircraft traffic to deal with, too much to stop so police can give someone a speeding ticket.
    As for allowing police to "fly through", not a chance! The timing would have to be perfect and well planned, not spur of the moment. I suspose they could go around the airport, but it would take them so long to get around the no-fly area, the speeder would be long gone!
    Last edited by Katatonic; 05-18-2008 at 04:45 AM.
    Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

I wouldn't trust that too much about running to Pearson. I've watched/listened to the controllers hold departures to allow a GA (general aviation) flight to take photos. There are also light aircraft and helicopters in and out all the time who are not following a typical approach, specifically the ambulance helicopters are regularly crossing through the airports control zone.

And lets not forget the news... during emergencies on more than just a few occasions the Global and CTV helicopters have been allowed into the zone and will hover over the airport for long stretches.

If your worth getting, they will get into the space around Pearson. Not saying the will chase you into the area, but at the same time I wouldn't assume going there will prevent you from getting nabbed.
    -1979 Honda CB650 (SOLD)
    -2006 Suzuki GS500F (SOLD)
    -2007 25th Anniversary Honda VFR800 (+50k km)

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    i believe charge is the same (unless they throw in reckless/careless for going 150+ )...but the fine is $20/km over the limit, right?
    I think the reckles/careless charge would be for going 50+ in a school zone. 50+ on any street is more an endangerment to people's live than on a highway going 150+.

Quote Originally Posted by 172Driver View Post
    I wouldn't trust that too much about running to Pearson. I've watched/listened to the controllers hold departures to allow a GA (general aviation) flight to take photos. There are also light aircraft and helicopters in and out all the time who are not following a typical approach, specifically the ambulance helicopters are regularly crossing through the airports control zone.

And lets not forget the news... during emergencies on more than just a few occasions the Global and CTV helicopters have been allowed into the zone and will hover over the airport for long stretches.

If your worth getting, they will get into the space around Pearson. Not saying the will chase you into the area, but at the same time I wouldn't assume going there will prevent you from getting nabbed.

Excellent point.

I don't think anything will guarantee you a clean getaway, but I do think that heading towards the aiport would shift the odds to your favour.

I thought there was a thread on this before and the generally consensus was that the airport will not save you because the helicopter can and will enter pearson airspace.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Any way you cut it I think it is a relatively low impact point (Pearson in general). What are the chances they are going to nab you doing +50, running and you're close enough to Pearson for it to make a difference?

If you're spotted more than a few clicks from Pearson chances are they will already have radioed ahead - you can't run indefinitely. And there is only so long you can cruise the highway at 200+ before probability catches up with you and something goes wrong.

I think, plane or no plane, you are better off finding the closest parking garage/structure, leaving the bike and gear and walking away. Let them prove it was you.

My two cents.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bmo View Post
    I think, plane or no plane, you are better off finding the closest parking garage/structure, leaving the bike and gear and walking away. Let them prove it was you.

My two cents.

Brian
    If you leave your gear there, how hard is it nowadays for police to get your fingerprints or DNA sample and compare it to the prints and the DNA evidence on the gear? Even leaving the bike alone, it won't save your butt just saying it was stolen. It's a very complex situation, there is no best answer. If you put yourslef in a situation like this, you need a lot of luck aside from a lot skills to run succesfully.