Rides and Maps outside of Toronto - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rides and Maps outside of Toronto

Re: Rides and Maps outside of Toronto

On the last google map link, while you are in the neighbourhood, I would reccomend a slight detour down Humberstation Road. The road is paved and that little curve that shows up on the map, just south of Castleburg is most interesting curve that I know of in the area. There is an elevation change, negative banked, decreasing radius turn. I have an 'Oh Sh*t' moment almost everytime I do it.
    Big smiles, all around.

I'll work on getting the rest of the places google mapped. For the sake of speed, they will be rough in a first pass, just to get the content there, then I'll update them all on a second pass for greater accuracy - just to ensure that all the paths follow the bends in the roads (this takes some time in google maps, but is trivial in other programs !!!)

I have made a google earth "fly-over" of route-1 outbound. PM me with your email addy if you want the KMZ file

Yeah... Humber Station Road is my secret route up to Patterson SR, all the way from Countryside Rd. Has a few twisties like you said, then it becomes dirt at the scenic Patterson SR so I have to turn left or right. It is also has lovely scenery, especially north of King Rd.
    See all 15 tried and true maps at www.wingnutty.ca
    Last edited by Gordito; 08-30-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    I like exploring within 2 hours of the GTA. My bike is a Honda Silverwing 600 maxi-scooter... all automatic cuz I'm lazy and shiftless. My website is an ongoing personal project, which includes ride routes/maps all around the GTA. All routes are tested. All are paved. Surf over to www.wingnutty.ca for details.

3 of us went for a ride today. Me: New V-Strom 2K8 650 A, Wife: 2 month old CBR 125 (Thanks Gibbie LP) and Cousin: new Kawi KLR650.

It was my wife's first real time on the street (she'd ridden around the block once or twice) but she decided she wanted to come. We kept the pace light. She did fantastically. We chose a route similar to route 5, doing the zoo area and the twyn rivers, but the return route to Thornhill, we just shot accross Sheppard - exposing the wife to another kind of riding...stop and go traffic; again, handled well, really can't say how impressed I am.

Anyway, tomorrow: Wingnutty.ca's route 2 and rouut-2 return. We didn't see many other groups riding today, but the few we did see received and (mostly) returned the wave !!!

Hoping to see some of you out there tomorrow !!!! (I love my V-Strom)

I just did #5 today. Fun route!

As an FYI, I would suggest to include the gas station at kingston and liverpool. It's the closest to the end of the first stage. Granted it's a bit out of the way, but worthwhile to know.

Also, the portion of Finch west of Meadowvale is called 'Old Finch'. This part messed me up briefly.

Thanks for the info re 'Old Finch Road'. I changed the name on route 5 to 'Old' Finch Rd like you suggested after confirming it on Google Maps. Hope that makes the route a little clearer for others too.
    I like exploring within 2 hours of the GTA. My bike is a Honda Silverwing 600 maxi-scooter... all automatic cuz I'm lazy and shiftless. My website is an ongoing personal project, which includes ride routes/maps all around the GTA. All routes are tested. All are paved. Surf over to www.wingnutty.ca for details.