The Personal Insurance Group - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Personal Insurance Group

Re: The Personal Insurance Group

they refuse to insure my 1982 honda sabre v45, only would touch our NQ50's and CH125

can you only get insurance with these guys if you are part of one of the qualifying groups?

cbr125looksfun

Quote Originally Posted by superspud9 View Post
    can you only get insurance with these guys if you are part of one of the qualifying groups?
    yes, and you have to be 25.

I asked for a quote 2 days ago by email.... still no reply. Economy has clearly improved when companies refuse to sell their service...

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

The Personal eventually gave me decent rates after I talked to them a few times although the person on the phone just sounded annoyed that I was asking so many questions and getting quotes for so many vehicles or combinations of. She said it wasn't a problem but seemed like she either hated me or just her life in general, lol.
    Last edited by unL33T; 01-25-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWing View Post
    The Personal dropped my house insurance when it came up for renewal when they asked if I had a dog. A twelve year old mixed breed! (Part Staffordshire Terrier) Told them they could shove my auto policies too.
    Similar experience. They had our house/car/bikes but when they learned I was self-employed they dropped coverage. I could not get clear info from them why. Where's the downside of me being home all day?

Moved everything elsewhere. Screw them.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by klr_guy View Post
    Similar experience. They had our house/car/bikes but when they learned I was self-employed they dropped coverage. I could not get clear info from them why. Where's the downside of me being home all day?

Moved everything elsewhere. Screw them.
    Did they actually state that they were canceling you because you were self employed? The insurer isn't even allowed to ask your occupation . . . this is illegal, and I would be contacting the ombudsman about it.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Lightbulb Re: The Personal Insurance Group

Try TD Insurance (Primmum)
    State Farm Charged More for 1 house and 2 $2000 value vehicles Than TD. TD now covers 06 van, 96 Blazer, House, 08 1000RR all for less then State Farm without the bike!!. State farm is a rip off if your records clean.... Just My Experience though..
    www.tdinsurance.com
    Fear is my only Limitation...Fear of my Wife...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 49over View Post
    Try TD Insurance (Primmum)
    State Farm Charged More for 1 house and 2 $2000 value vehicles Than TD. TD now covers 06 van, 96 Blazer, House, 08 1000RR all for less then State Farm without the bike!!. State farm is a rip off if your records clean.... Just My Experience though..
    www.tdinsurance.com
    FYI, TD/Meloche/Primmum rates (at least for SS bikes) are only good if you are over 30yo.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Did they actually state that they were canceling you because you were self employed? The insurer isn't even allowed to ask your occupation . . . this is illegal, and I would be contacting the ombudsman about it.
    Yes. This was a number of years ago, before I knew better.
    Better to regret something you have done than something you haven't.

Cool Re: The Personal Insurance Group

That is true... I'm ok with that...
    Fear is my only Limitation...Fear of my Wife...lol

I got a question about personal insurance. Do you have to be part of some group or something to apply? Application process asks what group you are part of and you aren't then you're suppose to call? If you aren't part of one of the groups they list does that mean you don't qualify?

I think it's only specifically for group insurance. I am a registered CET with OACETT so that's what entitles anyone to a really good rate (not specifically CET but any title for any group for that matter). Like 30-40% off is what they told me over the phone depending on coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    I got a question about personal insurance. Do you have to be part of some group or something to apply? Application process asks what group you are part of and you aren't then you're suppose to call? If you aren't part of one of the groups they list does that mean you don't qualify?
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 FTW!

Check out my website!
    http://www.studiofg.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fergie.g View Post
    I think it's only specifically for group insurance. I am a registered CET with OACETT so that's what entitles anyone to a really good rate (not specifically CET but any title for any group for that matter). Like 30-40% off is what they told me over the phone depending on coverage.
    My cage quotes from them have been really high ($300 to $500 more than I currently pay), even factoring in the OACETT discount!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Dang, I assume you have a clean record eh? I'm getting a really good rate from them for my car insurance. I may or may not switch over my bike depending what other people are saying. I am going to try Jevco first then Statefarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Scudzo_2 View Post
    My cage quotes from them have been really high ($300 to $500 more than I currently pay), even factoring in the OACETT discount!
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 FTW!

Check out my website!
    http://www.studiofg.ca

Wow, i never had any problem with the personnal, they even gave me more money than what i paid for my car....plus its 500$ cheaper than statefarm for my car, for the bike i stick to jevco, i dont own a ss.

I only read/heard horror story about statefarm but for the personnal, the only horror story i read/heard was here.
    Hercule CC130 J Support our troop by air

Pilot without technician are just walker with cool jacket and sunglasse

RACING Because football, baseball, bowling and golf only require ONE BALL

I switched my car from SF to the Personel 2 months ago. I'm saving $400/month! yes Month. TD wanted over $600 for my 07 civic, the Personel wanted $180! They don't count "admin" tickets where as SF increases my primums if so much as get a ticket for a blown headlight.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by fergie.g View Post
    Dang, I assume you have a clean record eh? I'm getting a really good rate from them for my car insurance. I may or may not switch over my bike depending what other people are saying. I am going to try Jevco first then Statefarm.
    Yep, clean record. It seems random how some get a good rate at one insurer and ridiculous quotes elsewhere.
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

... which all goes to show that you need to shop around, for your individual situation!

I got an auto insurance quote from the Personal some time ago, and even with the discount for being part of PEO, they were out to lunch and they wouldn't touch my motorcycles. TD seems to be a viable option for the bikes - I haven't gone through a quote with them for the auto and house yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    ... which all goes to show that you need to shop around, for your individual situation!

I got an auto insurance quote from the Personal some time ago, and even with the discount for being part of PEO, they were out to lunch and they wouldn't touch my motorcycles. TD seems to be a viable option for the bikes - I haven't gone through a quote with them for the auto and house yet.
    +lots.

I'm with Primmum at the moment for my DL, my rate went down quite a bit this year! It is worthwhile shopping around!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930