The Personal Insurance Group - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Personal Insurance Group

Re: The Personal Insurance Group

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    Did they actually state that they were canceling you because you were self employed? The insurer isn't even allowed to ask your occupation . . . this is illegal, and I would be contacting the ombudsman about it.

Really? is this true just for auto? what about home? The new insurer im looking into specifically asked me to fill in my occupation in the application.

Re: The Personal Insurance Group

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoruin View Post
    Really? is this true just for auto? what about home? The new insurer im looking into specifically asked me to fill in my occupation in the application.
    Since Home is not regulated in the same way, they might be able to consider your occupation for your Home insurance rate -- I'm not really sure. But they certainly cannot use your occupation when rating your Auto.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)