The Personal Insurance Group

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Personal Insurance Group

The Personal Insurance Group

I finally got insurance at a price I found fair. Most companies wanted $1100 plus to insure me who is a 34 YO male with full M licensed since 92 on a 1984 Yamaha Virago 1000 CC. At the personal I got it for $39 a month and the best part is I pay it in 12 monthly instalments. Works out to $468 a year. Now I work for a company that gets a discount with them but I found the price great. Google em for info.

OH yeah, just to add I haven't had bike insurance since 95 so I am classed as having zero experience.

Re: The Personal Insurance Group

My P/U truck is with the Personal but they wouldn't touch anything that came close to being considered a sport bike. Case in point is that they wouldn't insure my Ninja EX650R, claiming that it fell within their definition of a sport bike. As for cruisers, if they're rates are anything like what I'm paying for my cager, it probably bears looking into.

Cheers
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen

Beware if you ever need to make a claim with The Personal.

I had my car with them and was involved in a minor no fault. It was horrible. They refused to pay for the rental that I was entitled to (and they had agreed to) Their agents in the claims dept DO NOT answer the phone....you have to leave a message. They stopped returning my calls and those of the car rental co.

It was finally resolved when I contacted the ombudsperson...then everything was paid no problem, but it was a very stressful experience that lasted many weeks. I can only imagine if it was a major accident or you were injured
    My dirtbike has slicks

Same here, they would not touch my EX500.

I had no issues with the claims depart. Paid everything I was entitled to when the wife smashed her car.

Thanks for all the experiences guys. I guess I am glad I ride a cruiser right now!!!!!

Banned

that lasted many weeks.
    hah, try years.

Quote Originally Posted by 90LXCoupe View Post
    I finally got insurance at a price I found fair. Most companies wanted $1100 plus to insure me who is a 34 YO male with full M licensed since 92 on a 1984 Yamaha Virago 1000 CC. At the personal I got it for $39 a month and the best part is I pay it in 12 monthly instalments. Works out to $468 a year. Now I work for a company that gets a discount with them but I found the price great. Google em for info.

OH yeah, just to add I haven't had bike insurance since 95 so I am classed as having zero experience.
    You should beware of the following in your dealings with this company - you get the discount as long as you have a clean record and you meet certain criteria. Every ticket will increase your insurance by quite a bit, to the point that the good rates can evaporate in a matter of two convictions...
    Security transcends technology

OldWing

The Personal dropped my house insurance when it came up for renewal when they asked if I had a dog. A twelve year old mixed breed! (Part Staffordshire Terrier) Told them they could shove my auto policies too.

Well, with all the bad experiences on here looks like I won't be switching my insurance for my cages and my house to them after all!! I will take my chances with them with the bike for this year and then shop around again. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 90LXCoupe View Post
    Well, with all the bad experiences on here looks like I won't be switching my insurance for my cages and my house to them after all!! I will take my chances with them with the bike for this year and then shop around again. Thanks everyone.
    If it is a good rate... enjoy while you can.
    Just don't get into an accident, or get any tickets, or make any changes - Don't get a dog, don't move, don't let any licensed driver move into your household, etc... because the "good" rate will go up (it is not good to start with, because the claims process sucks anyway).

One more for your reading enjoyment:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=16872
    Security transcends technology

Same here i had my car,house and Life with the Personal and they wouldnt touch my bike,they said they dont insure bikes,therefore I went to Statefarm, but at that time they didnt take single policies so I had to move my car and house with them at least, and I had to pay a cancellation fee to Personal, altjhough there rates were good for the car and house with the personal,I now have my full M and getting excellent rates from Statefarm for all policies and sticking to it lol

State Farm A
    Providing Insurance and Financial Services
    Nelly Gong Agency
    165 Dundas St. West Suite 808
    Mississauga, ON L5B 2N6
    Tel - 905-803-8804
    Fax - 905- 803-9665
    Last edited by gsxrgirl; 05-23-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spell
    GSXRGIRL

I am frankly p1553d at The Personal. I have my house and contents insurance with them, my car and my wife's car. I called them about insuring a Suzi V-Strom 650 ABS. Firstly they considered this bike a "Super Sport", secondly, they wouldn't insure me. I can assure you that I will be searching elsewhere for a decent bike quote and then I'm likely to move my house and car insurance too (as long as the price is comparable...).

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrgirl View Post
    Same here i had my car,house and Life with the Personal and they wouldnt touch my bike,they said they dont insure bikes,therefore I went to Statefarm, but at that time they didnt take single policies so I had to move my car and house with them at least, and I had to pay a cancellation fee to Personal, altjhough there rates were good for the car and house with the personal,I now have my full M and getting excellent rates from Statefarm for all policies and sticking to it lol

State Farm A
    Nelly Gong Agency
    Mississauga, ON L5B 2N6
    Tel - 905-803-8804
    Fax - 905- 803-9665
    should have tried a different broker. I have just my bike with SF. My truck and renters ins. are with TD.

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

I just opened a policy with them for my winter car. A 97 SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo. Their quotes for the SAAB were half what Wawanesa (the company I have my Porsche under) and StateFarm wanted, $30/mo cheaper for the Porsche on Wawanesa and StateFarm, and $30/mo cheaper for my 650R.

Fyi, I'm a 26 yr old male living near Guelph with one speeding ticket and these were the quotes they gave me (I also get some kind of group discount through work):

97 SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo - $89/mo liability and comp only
    87 Porsche 944 non turbo - $100/mo liability and comp only
    09 Kawi Ninja 650R - $100/mo liability and comp
    Last edited by unL33T; 12-19-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

I just switched my Car from Statefarm $697/month to the Personal for $187/month! FCUK Statefarm!!!!!

They won't touch my gixxer though.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

I get mailings for The Personal from OACETT all the time. I've called them for cage quotes twice (once in 2008 and again in 2009), and both times the numbers were crazy high!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    I just switched my Car from Statefarm $697/month to the Personal for $187/month! FCUK Statefarm!!!!!

They won't touch my gixxer though.
    For a SS you have two options: TD (if you are over 30yo) and State Farm.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

I have my car insured with them. I get a substantial discount being a member of oacett. $168/Month for a 06 Audi A3 2.0T. I got a pretty good quote for my FZ6 as well so I'm going to move from TD.
    2006 Yamaha FZ6 FTW!

Check out my website!
    http://www.studiofg.ca

A broker cannot refuse to write a policy if you qualify, hence you can report them to FSCO or RIBO.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrgirl View Post

State Farm A
    Nelly Gong Agency
    Mississauga, ON L5B 2N6
    Tel - 905-803-8804
    Fax - 905- 803-9665

Quote Originally Posted by forexman View Post
    A broker cannot refuse to write a policy if you qualify, hence you can report them to FSCO or RIBO.
    Agreed!
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)