Redhill Valley Parkway Onramps

Thread: Redhill Valley Parkway Onramps

Redhill Valley Parkway Onramps

Yet another reason why the Hammer is a happier place for bikes than Hogtown, we have the bestest onramps in Southern Ontario!

Google hasn't updated it's sat pix, so with help from MsPaint I've filled in a helpful little diagram
    Either come up Redhill & the Linc from the QEW, or the Linc from Hwy.403

1) Take Darnall Rd. exit
    2) Left @ Stone Church Rd.
    3) Left @ construction stop onto the Redhill
    4) Exit Redhill onto the Linc
    5) Take Dartnall Rd. exit, and repeat as necessary!

It's a pair of 270 degree onramps that still have that new asphalt smell, smooth, open, heck it's even legal!

Arrows are direction of travel, enjoy:

ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Re: Redhill Valley Parkway Onramps

looks like a nice loop.

Shakey hand much
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

I've done this loop a couple of times already. Very fun!
    Please promote spelling and grammar:
    www.engrish.com

A nice set of loops for sure but still be very cautious. A lot of sand on the Dartnall Rd section yet and traffic through the section are easily confused. ( the photo is not quite accurate and must have been posted prior to the completion of the section)

Coming up the Redhill section the other day a guy in the fast lane shoots across the 2 other lanes to the get off for Mud St almost pranged two other vehicles.

Should be fun early in the morning with little or no traffic.

Ride safe folks too many riders going down already this season.

Cheers,
    Spyug
    "Slowest beasts are always strongest and manage to live the longest"
    "If it's no Scottish.......it's crap!"
    "Ama lyin?"

1983 GS750E Black Booty
    1982 GS750 SZ Katana Wee Beastie II
    1983 GS550E Basket Case from Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Spyug View Post
    A nice set of loops for sure but still be very cautious. A lot of sand on the Dartnall Rd section yet and traffic through the section are easily confused. ( the photo is not quite accurate and must have been posted prior to the completion of the section)

Coming up the Redhill section the other day a guy in the fast lane shoots across the 2 other lanes to the get off for Mud St almost pranged two other vehicles.

Should be fun early in the morning with little or no traffic.

Ride safe folks too many riders going down already this season.

Cheers,
    Spyug
    I don't know whether it's because of my close proximity to the highway, or what, but it seems to be an accident magnet so far.. observe the on-ramp to the QEW Toronto-bound .. it's a decreasing radius on-ramp, and judging by all the marks on the jersey barrier, a lot of people have gotten that little factoid a bit too late .. there also seems to be an inordinate too many accidents on the on-ramp entrances onto the highway from Barton, and particularly King Street for some reason.

They just put pylons up further down the QEW / RHV on-ramp to keep QEW traffic from merge Kamikazi-ing people on the on-ramp trying to get over to the shared lane for the Burlington St. exit, it's scary some of the near-misses i saw on my daily commute in the morning until they put them up.

Still, a few of the on-ramps are fun I like the Mud Street westbound to RHV Northbound myself.
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 05-15-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

They just put pylons up further down the QEW / RHV on-ramp to keep QEW traffic from merge Kamikazi-ing people on the on-ramp trying to get over to the shared lane for the Burlington St. exit, it's scary some of the near-misses i saw on my daily commute in the morning until they put them up.
    I'm with you on that one. Always seem to have issues there, either they miss the exit sign, or they find themselves stuck being passed by trucks & faster traffic in the right lanes. Had one lovely lady brake almost to a complete stop in the middle of six friggin' lanes because she was chatting too much to see the THREE signs warning her of her exit coming up. Cellphone glued to her ear the whole time

Why oh why WHY do people INSIST on hogging the left lane, what psychological quirk keeps chuckleheads from employing the THREE EMPTY FRIGGIN' LANES TO THEIR RIGHT!
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

how do i get here from scarborough? Or is it way too far?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahz View Post
    how do i get here from scarborough? Or is it way too far?
    Go on the QEW to the QEW/403 split in Burlington for the last two route options, take the Guelph Line offramp and go southbound(?) on Guelph Line to the lakeshore for the first route..

A couple routes from there.

The scenic route - get off at Guelph line, and go down to the lakeshore rd., and follow it all along the lakefront past Hutch's Fish and Chips to Centennial. Follow Centennial all the way up the mountain through Hamilton/Stoney Creek til you get to the Mud Street intersection, and work from there.

The Roundabout - Take the 403 split, and go through West Hamilton/past Ancaster up the side of the mountain cut, til you get to the Lincoln Alexander Parkway split - Take the Lincoln Alexander (east-bound) all the way and get off at the Mud Street exit at the end of the Linc .. The Link essentially turns into the Red Hill Valley Expressway as it turns northbound.

Direct - Follow the QEW Niagara bound, and get off at Centennial, follow up the mountain as per the scenic route.

The ramp to the Red Hill Valley Expressway from the QEW Niagara bound isn't completed yet, so there isn't a real direct route yet.

And no, i don't really think it's worth the time/gas for you, lots of more local roads for you to explore in proximity to your side of Toronto, IMHO.
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 05-16-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair