further proof...HTA172 - out of control - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: further proof...HTA172 - out of control

Re: further proof...HTA172 - out of control

Any wagers that something will go amiss at the court? A document lost or something of the nature, and all the charges will get tossed on a technicality? All the officers will show, but something will be off and the OPP will be full strength again shortly... I'd be interested to see how many of those charges the officer lays once he's back on patrol.

Talking Re: further proof...HTA172 - out of control

Quote Originally Posted by Avi Singh View Post
    Any wagers that something will go amiss at the court? A document lost or something of the nature, and all the charges will get tossed on a technicality? All the officers will show, but something will be off and the OPP will be full strength again shortly... I'd be interested to see how many of those charges the officer lays once he's back on patrol.
    Wagers? lol should I just sign you a check now? dude will be be off this ticket scott free.

I'm still curious why the car wasn't impounded if the law says it must be. If that's the case than I seem to recall a few riders on here who had their bikes impounded in their driveways AFTER they were riding.

If you are at home after 'racing' can your car be impounded?
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

I don't know if the story is true or not. There was a ryerson student who got his licence suspended and car taken away at 4 am. Apparently, the day earlier, he intentionally "slowed" an off duty police officer. The next day that officer came to his house to charge him with that infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by camber View Post
    I don't know if the story is true or not. There was a ryerson student who got his licence suspended and car taken away at 4 am. Apparently, the day earlier, he intentionally "slowed" an off duty police officer. The next day that officer came to his house to charge him with that infraction.
    I pray that story is true and that is makes it out to the public including the media although they would probably twist it so the officer was fighting evil street racers on his time off. lol

Anybody wonder why this story is being released over a month after the charge? Maybe the police are trying to repair an image flaw? We all know they don't bust other(police), but all of a sudden this story comes out while all the on line forums and sensible public are going over their crap with a fine tooth comb... So are they possibly just trying to do damage control before the slow public gets a drift, as for the court case against the officer the charges won't even make it to his drivers abstract..

Quote Originally Posted by baked View Post
    Anybody wonder why this story is being released over a month after the charge? Maybe the police are trying to repair an image flaw? We all know they don't bust other(police), but all of a sudden this story comes out while all the on line forums and sensible public are going over their crap with a fine tooth comb... So are they possibly just trying to do damage control before the slow public gets a drift, as for the court case against the officer the charges won't even make it to his drivers abstract..
    simple.....the headlines are all about the new plane making us all safer......and the upcoming weekend blitz in an attempt to make Ontario's roads "the safest in the world"

so WTF....throw the Officer getting hosed on the back page with barely a mention simultaneously.....cause the quest for our safety trumps reality

that's why they parade the Orphan daughter around first with pics, and the DUI gets a faint mention near the end

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    simple.....the headlines are all about the new plane making us all safer......and the upcoming weekend blitz in an attempt to make Ontario's roads "the safest in the world"

so WTF....throw the Officer getting hosed on the back page with barely a mention simultaneously.....cause the quest for our safety trumps reality

that's why they parade the Orphan daughter around first with pics, and the DUI gets a faint mention near the end
    Which makes me wonder; are events like that used in both the statistics for impaired operation deaths and racing deaths? Will that bad crash yesterday be double counted?

OK, so I don't really wonder.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Which makes me wonder; are events like that used in both the statistics for impaired operation deaths and racing deaths? Will that bad crash yesterday be double counted?

OK, so I don't really wonder.
    you know it.....and props again to the Metro Toronto Police for getting the charges right on that Eglinton tragedy.....no street racing BS rhetoric in the charges....

I do believe that the GoBus Driver I encounter daily on the 407 should be charged.

Greg

Milton Ontario

2012 ZX14R
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Funny how many of you whine about the cops and 172 and then a couple cops get done with it and you whine some more!!!!!

It made front page on the papers around the Kawartha area.

Klingspon was wrong about the impound, as Rob has pointed out.

Charge wasn't laid at the time, because it was an investigation after a complaint from someone.

ALL and all vehicles except for stolen, can be impounded.

Whining about what?

I think most people are mad that the police aren't doing their job properly, when it comes to charging one of their own.

Klingspon was wrong about the impoundment and licence suspension. This is the second occasion that the OPP has done something like this and we found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    Funny how many of you whine about the cops and 172 and then a couple cops get done with it and you whine some more!!!!!

It made front page on the papers around the Kawartha area.

Klingspon was wrong about the impound, as Rob has pointed out.

Charge wasn't laid at the time, because it was an investigation after a complaint from someone.

ALL and all vehicles except for stolen, can be impounded.
    I would take that one step further and say that all vehicles involved in a racing or stunting charge MUST be impounded. That is my understanding when the terminology "...the officer shall..." is used in law; there is no leeway.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Streetk1ng

stolen from another forum lol