TMP only after money. Emails with TMP.... same old BS. - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMP only after money. Emails with TMP.... same old BS.

Re: TMP only after money. Emails with TMP.... same old BS.

It used to be around $3800 plus all the add ons listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by TBK View Post
    How much for a week day, does anyone know? If the price were right, I'd volunteer to marshell a corner for a session to reduce the over all costs.
    Ok, are you willing to sacrafice the entire day out there with the flag, or in the pits keeping things organised?

If you're running a track day properly it takes a lot of people, and if you are running the day properly there is no time for actual riding.

So with the prices the way they are now someone would have to pretty much sacrafice their entire day, including gas money to get to the track and other expenses, and in return you get nothing, not even some track time.

On top of that you ahve to front the money and hope people actualy show for the elevated price... all in hopes to just break even... maybe even loose money.

I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone that will bother to run a track day the way TMP has their prices right now.

Just another example of the parks pure greed. If they lowered the price to rent the track you could have people renting the day, they do nothing and are guaranteed "X" amount of money per rental. But the price of the rental has to be fair enough that the people running it can make it worth their time. Instead TMP decides to jack the rental price so that no one in their right mind will rent the track. And then run a horrible unsafe track day themselves. In the past they've been able to get away with it, maybe now people won't attend and that will send a message.
    Last edited by Dj Eclipse; 05-13-2008 at 04:50 PM.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

First of all. I have no idea where you got the idea that we only use one marshall. This was clearly taken out of context. If we have 5 racers we are not going to have 5 marshalls.

As I stated in a previous email, I do understand that in the past there have been some problems with inexperienced marshals and that we are looking to work with more qualified marshalls for this season. This is something we are actively trying to improve on and if is anyone who would like to work with us on these events, I encourage you to contact our office to discuss.

Ambulances and fire extinguishers and all other first aid equipmement is always readily available. We NEVER operate without having an ambulance on site. In fact this coming Victoria Day weekend we do in fact have a dedicated ambulance for the road circuit. In the event that someone goes down the response time is immediate and the paramedics will assess the situation.

Fire extinguishers are available in the pits at the road course as well as with the marshalls and this is standard industry practice.

Although it may sometimes take me a day or so to respond to the emails, I always respond to every email I receive.

Quote Originally Posted by TMPracing View Post
    First of all. I have no idea where you got the idea that we only use one marshall. This was clearly taken out of context. If we have 5 racers we are not going to have 5 marshalls.
    The number of marshals should always be the same regardless if you have 5 or 25 riders on the track.

If safety is a very important issue as you say, this should not even be an issue. But clearly, you are putting money above rider safety with your reply above.

As I stated in a previous email, I do understand that in the past there have been some problems with inexperienced marshals and that we are looking to work with more qualified marshalls for this season. This is something we are actively trying to improve on and if is anyone who would like to work with us on these events, I encourage you to contact our office to discuss.
    What are you doing to improve on the martials (kids) you have there. TMP has been made aware that there is a martial school that is pretty inexpensive, like 10.00/ person. There is no excuse TMP should have properly trained martials at the track.

Ambulances and fire extinguishers and all other first aid equipmement is always readily available. We NEVER operate without having an ambulance on site. In fact this coming Victoria Day weekend we do in fact have a dedicated ambulance for the road circuit. In the event that someone goes down the response time is immediate and the paramedics will assess the situation.

So there will be 2 ambulances, not one shared ambulance? if that is the case it's a start.

Fire extinguishers are available in the pits at the road course as well as with the marshalls and this is standard industry practice.
    It's been brought up many times. It's a long way from the pits to corner 1. The martial stations should have their own fire extinguishers, as by the time the extinguisher gets to you form the pits way too much time has elapsed.

All the above issues were brought to your attention many times over the past few years, yet they are still a problem today. And as usual TMP is trying to brush them off as if they weren't an issue.

And lastly, what do we get for the extra fee for the track day?

Although it may sometimes take me a day or so to respond to the emails, I always respond to every email I receive.
    A day or so? Try 2 weeks and counting.
    Last edited by Dj Eclipse; 05-13-2008 at 05:52 PM.
    89 fzr400 I'm going to miss her... http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...uga/sigpic.jpg The new toy...

Red face Re: TMP only after money. Emails with TMP.... same old BS.

Serenity now.......Serenity NOW.....just think if you all came to REAL tracks days, at shanny & Mosport you would be HAPPY like the rest of us......move on and up..

Quote Originally Posted by GSXMAER View Post
    Serenity now.......Serenity NOW.....just think if you all came to REAL tracks days, at shanny & Mosport you would be HAPPY like the rest of us......move on and up..
    So true. The only thing TMP has going for it right now is location.
    Last edited by Dj Eclipse; 05-13-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Eclipse View Post
    The number of marshals should always be the same regardless if you have 5 or 25 riders on the track.

If safety is a very important issue as you say, this should not even be an issue. But clearly, you are putting money above rider safety with your reply above.

What are you doing to improve on the martials (kids) you have there. TMP has been made aware that there is a martial school that is pretty inexpensive, like 10.00/ person. There is no excuse TMP should have properly trained martials at the track.

So there will be 2 ambulances, not one shared ambulance? if that is the case it's a start.

It's been brought up many times. It's a long way from the pits to corner 1. The martial stations should have their own fire extinguishers, as by the time the extinguisher gets to you form the pits way too much time has elapsed.

All the above issues were brought to your attention many times over the past few years, yet they are still a problem today. And as usual TMP is trying to brush them off as if they weren't an issue.

And lastly, what do we get for the extra fee for the track day?

A day or so? Try 2 weeks and counting.
    This is getting a little repetitive, but let me explain again perhaps in terms you can understand. I do realize that there were problems in the past. I am not disputing that. However; we are actively working on having more qualified marshalls at the motorcycle lapping events. Some of which are even members of this site.

If there are other members here who are interested in helping out at some motorcycle events, please contact my office to discuss.

A dedicated ambulance is exactly what it sounds like. I have personally booked the ambulance for the motorcycle lapping this weekend. Yes, this means 2 ambulances.

Fire Extinguishers - In my above post I stated that fire extinguishers are in the pits and with the marshalls. What this means is that there are fire extinguishers available in the pits at the road course and with each marshall at their stations.

For you to say that nothing has been addressed and that we are brushing off the issues is completely ridiculous. We are working at improving the motorcycle lapping events, and with the suggestions and feedback from the riders we will continue to do so.

Perhaps if you could take a more proactive approach and work with us instead of against us you would see that we are actively working on addressing the concerns of the riders. Please understand that things do take some time to implement.

As for your emails, I have received numerous emails from you and have responded to all of them, the last one I received was on April 30th and I replied on May 1st, and all of the same issues that I have posted about here in this forum have also been addressed in the emails.

Again as I stated before, we do not spend all our time surfing messageboards, so if you have a concern you want addressed please call or email us.

We feel that the pricing of $125 per session for motorcycle lapping is a competitive rate.

Warning long post ahead...

This is getting a little repetitive, but let me explain again perhaps in terms you can understand. I do realize that there were problems in the past. I am not disputing that. However; we are actively working on having more qualified marshalls at the motorcycle lapping events. Some of which are even members of this site.

If there are other members here who are interested in helping out at some motorcycle events, please contact my office to discuss.
    It may seem like I am completly against TMP but nothing can be farther form the truth. I've praised TMP in the past when a good day was run, or they've made it seem like they were making an attempt to improve the track day. But more often then not it's the other way around. there is a complete lack of regard for rider safety as long as TMP gets their money screw the riders.

I as well as most of the riders here only want TMP to get their act together so we can enjoy a safe fun track day close to home. Our goal is not to drive everyone away form TMP, we just want to ride in a safe environment.

I've helped out at the track in the past and even with recent e-mails to you offered to help out in any way I can, even at the track. Unfortunately (until your post above), everything the riders have done to help/ suggested has fallen on deaf ears.

A dedicated ambulance is exactly what it sounds like. I have personally booked the ambulance for the motorcycle lapping this weekend. Yes, this means 2 ambulances.
    Good.

Fire Extinguishers - In my above post I stated that fire extinguishers are in the pits and with the marshalls. What this means is that there are fire extinguishers available in the pits at the road course and with each marshall at their stations.
    Good

Perhaps if you could take a more proactive approach and work with us instead of against us you would see that we are actively working on addressing the concerns of the riders. Please understand that things do take some time to implement.
    You have no idea. I (along with many others) have been e-mailing, spending time with lengthly phone conversations about these very issues for the past 2 years, as have others. Myself along with a few other riders took the time to meet with a representative of TMP over the winter to discuss these very things (among other things), and still nothing was done. . I even sent the new staff (you) e-mails and spoke on the phone and still nothing was done. It was all time wasted.

Even after we spoke on the phone and through e-mails you still gave us the same old PR BS lines with no straight answers.

Unfortunately the pro active approach simply doesn't work with TMP.

This is the first time ever that TMP has given us a straight answer saying

YES, we will have our own ambulance

YES, there will be fire extinguishers with each martial.

This seems to be the only way to get through to you, everything out in the open for everyone to read so everyone knows what is said, the public knows that TMP is well aware of the issues and it is now up to TMP to do something about them.

Now that we finally have your attention maybe we can progress and discuss the rest of the issues like the number of martials around the track should be standard, not dependent on how many people sign up for the day. Can we get a straight answer on that issue please?

As for your emails, I have received numerous emails from you and have responded to all of them, the last one I received was on April 30th and I replied on May 1st, and all of the same issues that I have posted about here in this forum have also been addressed in the emails.
    Hardly. We had the typical TMP correspondence , I asked about the things above, ambulance, fire extinguishers, martials, and you didn't give a straight answer, just teh same old PR talk. My last e-mail was a reply to yours on May 1st asking for specific answers, not some BS PR line. Not surprisingly as usual I got no response form you. I waited a week, sent you another e-mail on the 7th asking if I should expect a reply... still no reply, still waiting for a reply.

So you can pretend all you want that you have been trying to deal with these issues but the only method that has worked was posting on the board for all the riders to see. The only thing that gets through to TMP is when the riders ahve had enough and simply don't show... then it's about money, only then does TMP listen.

We feel that the pricing of $125 per session for motorcycle lapping is a competitive rate.
    That all depends on how well TMP does in running the day. We'll see if that you are telling us is actually implemented (and not just for one track day) Time will tell.
    Last edited by Dj Eclipse; 05-14-2008 at 11:08 AM.

It may seem like I am completly against TMP but nothing can be farther form the truth. I've praised TMP in the past when a good day was run, or they've made it seem like they were making an attempt to improve the track day. But more often then not it's the other way around. there is a complete lack of regard for rider safety as long as TMP gets their money screw the riders.

I as well as most of the riders here only want TMP to get their act together so we can enjoy a safe fun track day close to home. Our goal is not to drive everyone away form TMP, we just want to ride in a safe environment.

I've helped out at the track in the past and even with recent e-mails to you offered to help out in any way I can, even at the track. Unfortunately (until your post above), everything the riders have done to help/ suggested has fallen on deaf ears.

Good.

Good

You have no idea. I (along with many others) have been e-mailing, spending time with lengthly phone conversations about these very issues for the past 2 years, as have others. Myself along with a few other riders took the time to meet with a representative of TMP over the winter to discuss these very things (among other things), and still nothing was done. . I even sent the new staff (you) e-mails and spoke on the phone and still nothing was done. It was all time wasted.

Even after we spoke on the phone and through e-mails you still gave us the same old PR BS lines with no straight answers.

Unfortunately the pro active approach simply doesn't work with TMP.

This is the first time ever that TMP has given us a straight answer saying

YES, we will have our own ambulance

YES, there will be fire extinguishers with each martial.

This seems to be the only way to get through to you, everything out in the open for everyone to read so everyone knows what is said, the public knows that TMP is well aware of the issues and it is now up to TMP to do something about them.

Now that we finally have your attention maybe we can progress and discuss the rest of the issues like the number of martials around the track should be standard, not dependent on how many people sign up for the day. Can we get a straight answer on that issue please?

Hardly. We had the typical TMP correspondence , I asked about the things above, ambulance, fire extinguishers, martials, and you didn't give a straight answer, just teh same old PR talk. My last e-mail was a reply to yours on May 1st asking for specific answers, not some BS PR line. Not surprisingly as usual I got no response form you. I waited a week, sent you another e-mail on the 7th asking if I should expect a reply... still no reply, still waiting for a reply.

So you can pretend all you want that you have been trying to deal with these issues but the only method that has worked was posting on the board for all the riders to see. The only thing that gets through to TMP is when the riders ahve had enough and simply don't show... then it's about money, only then does TMP listen.

That all depends on how well TMP does in running the day. We'll see if that you are telling us is actually implemented (and not just for one track day) Time will tell.
    Since I have started dealing with you, you have not had one positive thing to say. Everything has been negative and in fact in more than one of your emails and during telephone conversations with you when I tried to address your concerns you stated several times that you had no intention of repeating yourself and you didn't want to waste any time telling me what your concerns were.

I obviously can't deal with issues when you don't want to tell me what they are. You also told me that you had no intentions of ever coming to the track again, based on your past experiences, so if that is the case then why do you continue to waste not only your time, but also waste my time by sending me emails asking me when I'm going to deal with issues, that you don't want to talk about. By the way as I stated in my above post the last email I receved from you was on APRIL 30TH

I addressed the concerns about the ambulances, the spectators, the fire extinguishers not only publicly in this forum but also in your emails. Do you need me to post answers again?

If you have no intentions of actually trying to work together to make improvements for the riders, then please stop wasting my time.

Otherwise, I'll see you at the track on Sunday.
    Last edited by TMPracing; 05-14-2008 at 11:26 AM.

Since I have started dealing with you, you have not had one positive thing to say. Everything has been negative and in fact in more than one of your emails and during telephone conversations with you when [B]I tried to address your concerns you stated several times that you had no intention of repeating yourself and you didn't want to waste any time telling me what your concerns were.
    Yet somehow I am here making yet another attempt to help TMP get on the right track... and here you are doing everything but.

I obviously can't deal with issues when you don't want to tell me what they are.
    Please DO NOT LIE, the issues are addressed in this thread, on the phone when I spoke with you, and in the emails that I will post for everyone. Also when we drove to the middle of no where to meet with a representative of the park to address the exact same issues I expressed to you... YOU KNOW THE ISSUES.

It really doesn't do much at all for you to outright LIE instead of actually facing issues.

You also told me that you had no intentions of ever coming to the track again, based on your past experiences, so if that is the case then why do you continue to waste not only your time, but also waste my time by sending me emails asking me when I'm going to deal with issues, that you don't want to talk about. By the way as I stated in my above post the last email I receved from you was on APRIL 30TH
    Ok, now we're back to lies again, that didn't take long did it. Congrats, TMP's creditablilty is back in the gutter.

DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

If you're going to make up lies that is your choice but do not outright lie and try to put words in my mouth. Not once did I ever state that I had no intention of ever going to the track again.

You only add to your discredit by lieing about phone conversations and e-mails.

Why can't TMP simply stop with the outright lies and BS, and be straight for once.... just once?

And about the e-mails, maybe, just maybe one may have gotten lost somehow, but 2? I doubt it. Would you like me to send them again?

I addressed the concerns about the ambulances, the spectators, the fire extinguishers not only publicly in this forum but also in your emails. Do you need me to post answers again?
    1. You NEVER addressed any of the above concerns, you never gave me any straight answers.

That is ok I will post your word for word PR BS answers, maybe re-read them for yourself and see that you NEVER once can give a straight answer regarding ANY of the issues I asked about.

When asked about the ambulance, martials, and fire extinguishers this was your initial reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Van Dette April 30/2008
    The number of marshalls at any given time will depend on the number of registrants for the particular event…
    And you have the nerve to say in the same scentence…

and safety is of utmost importance to us here at Toronto Motorsports Park, therefore; fire extinguishers, first aid equipment and ambulances are always readily available. We have also undertaken quite a bit of work to improve the track conditions for this season.
    How is safety a of the utmost importance if the level of safety is dependant on the number of riders that pay you money? Obviously rider safety comes second if this is the case.

And you did not give any straight answer about the ambulance, competence of martials and fire extinguishers. just said that they will be available.

We were told that they were available last year, but that meant only ONE ambulance for both tracks, and one fire extinguisher that was at the 1/4 mile track pits... it was also huge and way to heavy to get out to any rider fast if really needed. So I hope you can see the need for actual clairity and a straight answer (which I never got).

It is also very clear that unlike you suggest I was able to communicate to you very well the issues above. So no reason to lie about that any more.

I wrote back asking you to be more specific about the ambulance, corner workers and fire extinguishers. And you replied with the same old TMP PR BS, completely ignoring the specific questions I asked about the fire extinguishers, matrials and ambulance. (it's a long e-mail so I won't post it, but anyone can see it if they ask me).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Van Dette MAY 01/2008
    Hi Vince,

Sorry I didn't have a chance to reply to this yesterday, I was in meetings all afternoon.

1) I'm sorry if in the past you experienced some problems with your guests gaining entry. We will ensure our gate supervisor and staff is aware that
    spectators to the road course can obtain entry at no extra cost provided they can produce the riders confirmation number.

2) We are looking to work with more qualified and trained marshalls for this season. We do realize there were some problems with the marshalls last year
    and this is something we are actively trying to improve on.

I'm very sorry that you feel that you had some unplesant experiences in the past. We are trying to improve the events so that they can be more enjoyable for everyone. If you decide to attend this season, we would appreciate your input and any positive feedback that you may have to offer to help continuiously improve the season for motorcyclists.
    That was the entire e-mail, not even a mention about any of the issues I asked about. No mention about the ambulance, fire extinguishers etc. You completly ignored the entire issue. Yet you have to nerve to come on here and say that I haven't given you any help regarding the concerns? I think your comprehension skills need some work.

Anyway I wrote back again and you choose to ignore the e-mail instead of actually working with me to get things sorted.

The next time I heard form you was in this thread where I made public our communications and that you were ignoring the issues.

Finally you decided to give us a straight answer today. Do not try and tell me I did not try and deal with these concerns through e-mail, as clearly you avoided them completely.

Anyone is more then welcome to view the full conversation/ set of e-mails if you like, just ask.

If you have no intentions of actually trying to work together to make improvements for the riders, then please stop wasting my time.
    Hardly, my track record has shown that I've been out helping at the track, as well as offering help (when TMP asked for them) spending my own free time to meet with TMP representatives. I am willing to bet that I've personally spent more time trying to help get the track straightened out then you have.

So enough with the attempt to brush my comment on this board aside. EVERYTHING I have said here, all the issues I have brought up countless times are valid.

Don't be so ignorant it just makes TMP look bad.

The bottom line is that it took this thread for you to finally address these issues.

And again you’ve tried to completely ignore the question about the number of martials at the track day. Can you give us a number? Thanks.
    Last edited by Dj Eclipse; 05-14-2008 at 12:39 PM.

25 riders per group is too much for TMP... Especially since Uli and crew have no idea when it comes to grouping the riders appropriately....

^^
    The number of riders has been capped to 20 per session.

Vince, I just received an email from you, and replied. If you want to help like you keep saying then please call the office to discuss the details for this weekend's event.

I have no reason to lie about our conversations and I am not going to continue to argue with you on a message board, this is just childish and I have better things to do with my time.

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    25 riders per group is too much for TMP... Especially since Uli and crew have no idea when it comes to grouping the riders appropriately....
    25 riders can be done safely, but only if the staff and people running it are competant and experienced.

There is enough room on the actual track itself, but there is a lot more going on out there and it takes a good staff to stay on top of things. Good martials and control riders out there to keep an eye on things, as well as people in the pits keeping everyone in check.

Good. I assume you just made that change as the last time I talked to you it was still 25 per...

There's a step in the right direction. You need to understand that, although you are new at TMP, some of us have spent countless hours, days, over the past couple of years trying to work with and help out Uli.

As far as ambulances is concerned.... Some of us have attended tracks days at TMP where there was NO ambulance, or the ambulance crew was two hours late because TMP forgot to book it. I crashed last season, was out cold for a few minutes and there was no ambulance cause it had left for the day (before it was over). I did get up on my own and laughed it off to the people around me but did end up in tthe hospital with broken bones and chest injuries...

I have been out for a session at TMP and had to pass the TMP pick up truck on the outside in turn 1 because the retarded chick that was working the track entrance thought it a good idea to go out in the truck while we were on track to pick up debris!!!! I have been to a TMP track day when they were plowing the infields with a tractor towing the plow equipment the entire day while we were out on the track. I have been on track when the cars from the strip decide they want to run the road course... WITH the bikes and no TMP staff stopped them. I have seen TMP staff tell a rider he was good to go out right infront of a rider coming throught the last corner.... resulting in a crash. I have watched the entire TMP marshalling crew spend the whole day in the owner's BMW parked in pit lane smoking joints... ALL DAY with no one in the fields!!!! I have had to dodge children, a wife and two sisters at a TMP track day when an entire family of onlookers decided to run across the front straight during a session to see if the Dad was alright as he had crashed in the second last right hander and was out cold! I have shown up at TMP track days early because I know I and others will need to spend an hour or two cleaning the garbage, oil, and other crap off the track before a track day! I have seen Uli put beginners out in the advanced group to try and even out the number of riders in each group because he greedily over bokked by 30 people!!!!

You think your prices are competative with other tracks as far as pricing!? TMP itself is not competative or on the same level as the other tracks and shouldn't be charging the same as you don't offer the quality of service!!!!!!!!!!!

Two years since TMP re-opened to bikes and you guys still can't get your **** together!? Stop asking for our suggestions and start asking yourselves WHY do you need our suggestions...

Curious question... How many track days have you attended yourself as a rider?
    Last edited by raginduck; 05-14-2008 at 01:45 PM.

I have been out for a session at TMP and had to pass the TMP pick up truck on the outside in turn 1 because the retarded chick that was working the track entrance thought it a good idea to go out in the truck while we were on track to pick up debris!!!! I have been to a TMP track day when they were plowing the infields with a tractor towing the plow equipment the entire day while we were out on the track. I have been on track when the cars from the strip decide they want to run the road course... WITH the bikes and no TMP staff stopped them. I have seen TMP staff tell a rider he was good to go out right infront of a rider coming throught the last corner.... resulting in a crash. I have watched the entire TMP marshalling crew spend the whole day in the owner's BMW parked in pit lane smoking joints... ALL DAY with no one in the fields!!!! I have had to dodge children, a wife and two sisters at a TMP track day when an entire family of onlookers decided to run across the front straight during a session to see if the Dad was alright as he had crashed in the second last right hander and was out cold! I have shown up at TMP track days early because I know I and others will need to spend an hour or two cleaning the garbage, oil, and other crap off the track before a track day! I have seen Uli put beginners out in the advanced group to try and even out the number of riders in each group because he greedily over bokked by 30 people!!!!

You think your prices are competative with other tracks as far as pricing!? TMP itself is not competative or on the same level as the other tracks and shouldn't be charging the same as you don't offer the quality of service!!!!!!!!!!!
    This pretty much sums it up.

Please take the time to read the above and take it seriously Vanessa, TMP has had many chances t work with competant people that would completlely eliminate everyone of those problems raginduck mentioned above.

So you have to understand here we're coming form, we've heard it all before, you are just a new voice saying the same thing, a repeat of previous years, except this year you want to charge us even more.

Two years since TMP re-opened to bikes and you guys still can't get your **** together!? Stop asking for our suggestions and start asking yourselves WHY do you need our suggestions...
    +1

Hopefully god will come out of this thread and things will be different this season... but we've said that before also.

This pretty much sums it up.

Please take the time to read the above and take it seriously Vanessa, TMP has had many chances t work with competant people that would completlely eliminate everyone of those problems raginduck mentioned above.

So you have to understand here we're coming form, we've heard it all before, you are just a new voice saying the same thing, a repeat of previous years, except this year you want to charge us even more.

+1

Hopefully god will come out of this thread and things will be different this season... but we've said that before also.

I do know that you've had a lot of frustrations in the past. I am trying to help you all. I may be a new voice at TMP, but I am certainly not new to motorsports, so I do understand and appreciate everyones concerns from a racer's perspective. I know that you've all heard it before, but as long as I am involved in the motorcycle events at TMP I will continue to try to implement improvements for the riders.

I don't want to promise anything that I can't follow through with, but Jenn and I have spent a lot of my time trying to make changes for the riders, which includes ensuring there are sufficient fire extinguishers, ensuring there are 2 ambulances and ensuring that the gate staff is aware that riders can bring spectators, capping the number of riders to 20, trying to enlist the help of qualified marshalls etc.

If we can all work together in a positive manner I'm hoping that we can continue to make improvements. Nothing is perfect and it's not all going to change overnight, but I'm hoping that we can communicate and work together, I'm not here to work against anyone.

Again, please call to discuss marshalling for this weekend. I can't spend anymore time on this board today, there are a lot of events happening this weekend at the track and I have to focus my energy on getting some work done. Please call if anyone has questions.
    Last edited by TMPracing; 05-14-2008 at 02:05 PM.

I do know that you've had a lot of frustrations in the past. I am trying to help you all. I may be a new voice at TMP, but I am certainly not new to motorsports, so I do understand and appreciate everyones concerns from a racer's perspective. I know that you've all heard it before, but as long as I am involved in the motorcycle events at TMP I will continue to try to implement improvements for the riders.

I don't want to promise anything that I can't follow through with, but I have spent a lot of my time trying to make changes for the riders.

If we can all work together in a positive manner I'm hoping that we can continue to make improvements. Nothing is perfect and it's not all going to change overnight, but I'm hoping that we can communicate and work together, I'm not here to work against anyone.

Again, please call to discuss marshalling for this weekend.
    Fair enough, the ambulance and fire extinguishers are a good start, along with no fee for spectators/ camping, as well as trying to get competant track marshals.

One of the big issues raginduck brought up is spectators making their way on to the track, even staff with trucks while riders were circulating. People taking pictures is fine, we love them, but it can't be a free for all, that has to be controlled for safety as well.

raginduck, thank you for your call and I do appreciate you input and help.

Jenn and I are starting to get an influx of calls from the members, and we do appreciate everyone's input and help.

Fair enough, the ambulance and fire extinguishers are a good start, along with no fee for spectators/ camping, as well as trying to get competant track marshals.
    Spectators for the motorcycle lapping can come in at no cost provided they have a confirmation number from a rider. But if there are more than just one or two spectators then you do need to call in advance and have this approved.

There were problems with this in the past where 20 people would show up with the same confirmation number especially on a weekend when we were holding a major event like this Victoria Day weekend.

One of the big issues raginduck brought up is spectators making their way on to the track, even staff with trucks while riders were circulating. People taking pictures is fine, we love them, but it can't be a free for all, that has to be controlled for safety as well.
    Agreed. I just had a great conversation with raginduck about this and I am happy to finally be moving forward on some of the issues.

Stop asking for our suggestions and start asking yourselves WHY do you need our suggestions...
    AMEN!!!!

For the record, I haven't been to TMP since the B$ that happened to Nickdog. I hope TMP can finally get everything sorted out as I'd be happy to go back.
    Last edited by Brolo; 05-14-2008 at 04:09 PM.

I've volunteered to marshall this weekend, trying to be part of a solution to making it a safer place to ride. Been riding there since it re-opened and Its a way that i can help. If more of us experience track riders step in, we can make it a safe place to ride.