Brake Fluid tube question

Thread: Brake Fluid tube question

Brake Fluid tube question

'00 Gsx-r 600
    I had a minor drop but right where the brake fluidf tube connects to the front brake lever broke......would I have to replace the whole front brake system or should I just bond the two little plastic pieces together and seal it off properly?

Re: Brake Fluid tube question

Any damage to the front master cylinder is considered life critical in my books i.e better off to just go with a new one.

The entire braking system includes the brake lines and calipers etc. etc. you don't need to replace all of that, just the front-master cylinder and applicable lever. The risk associated with "fixing" the old m/c is just not worth it. I'd hate to lose brake pressure at any speed.

Grab one off ebay and/or upgrade to a newer GSXR master. For street applications you will be just fine with a newer one, but if you were tracking there are some details that are not worth going into unless you say so.

If your talking about the plastic elbow that the res tube connects to, those are replaceable. Buy a new one from your dealer replace it and bleed the air out of the res tube. If you havent let air get into the master yet, you wont even have to bleed it....

Bonding? Depends, how important are brakes to you? If you don't need to stop very often that should be fine.

Ian
    Power Corrupts, Ultimate power corrupts ultimately...GSXR!

make sure what part you need to replace and if not completely confident in your repair abilities, get someone else to do it.