Petition to Revise Street Racing Legislation - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to Revise Street Racing Legislation

Re: Petition to Revise Street Racing Legislation

I wonder if there should be a post put in the General section as an FYI to this post?

signed, and joined your facebook as well

let's keep this rolling!!!
    you're probably going to hear me commin'.

OK...so we're creeping up quick on 1400...this is good pace

starting on a slight tangent here and need some help

I've sent Tony Lant a note with a link to the petition this morning, asking for his opinion of the law, and his opinion of our request....I don't think it's an unreasonable request, and not only do I hope he agrees and signs, but I hope he endorses it

my counterparts in the office with some high-priced machinery insured by Mr. Lant are sending him comparable requests on his opinion of this law...not so much to sign the petition.....but ask any classic car owner how much they're crapping themselves over the fear of getting bagged wrongfully here....a week outside in the elements on $10-$20-$30,000 paint jobs....plus the fear of missing rare parts when you go to pick up the car

if we can get certain Insurance Brokers/Companies to actually agree and endorse this request....it would be a HUGE step

next.....I'm trying to find a way to get the proper email addys of car dealer principles in the province (aka - not the receptionist, the owner)......namely the likes of Porsche, Benz, Beemer, Ferrari, Lambo etc...first and foremost....and Cycle Dealerships would be a must here....and then of course the rest.....but again, needing both signatures and endorsements.....and the thinking behind the dealerships is straight forward, the opinion of business owners who employ, carries serious weight

any help here would be awesome

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 82Seca750 View Post
    OK...so we're creeping up quick on 1400...this is good pace

unfort. i'm going to have to say it's less...there are a few dumba$$es "signing" it

Seymour Butts
    Peter Griffen

...to name a few

Is there any way to authenticate, to make this more valid...actually carry some weight?
    you're probably going to hear me commin'.

Quote Originally Posted by GGR View Post
    unfort. i'm going to have to say it's less...there are a few dumba$$es "signing" it

Seymour Butts
    Peter Griffen

...to name a few

Is there any way to authenticate, to make this more valid...actually carry some weight?
    I've seen them.....the petition will get cleaned up....unfortunately the reality with online petitions

Just an idea for you man.

Spring bling is on Saturday... Why not get in touch with the guys setting it up and get a paper copy to them to get signed 200+ bikes are expected. Also get paper copys to bike dealerships ect ect. Paper Holds a lot more weight then online.
    Yes I have bad Spelling, Yes I have bad grammar, and no, I don’t care if it bugs you.

88 Suzuki Kantana-Crashed@ 69K
    01- Kawi zzr250 18K-sold
    87/02 Honda hurricane/600rr hybrid. 76K still going.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

Quote Originally Posted by newbieracer View Post
    Just an idea for you man.

Spring bling is on Saturday... Why not get in touch with the guys setting it up and get a paper copy to them to get signed 200+ bikes are expected. Also get paper copys to bike dealerships ect ect. Paper Holds a lot more weight then online.

I don't disagree really, but the purpose of using the online medium over physical paper is obvious.....IMO, any and all documentation at any event should encourage people to go to the online petition and sign....that's where the signatures are originating, and that's where we want them to sign

these online petitions never work.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    Nothing ever works, if you refuse to try. Right now nothing is what anyone else is doing to fight this.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

not sure if you understand just how much I've corresponded with our beloved elected officials since Bill 203 was a private member's bill courtesy of the ever-popular Frank Klees in the spring of 2006

I've probably written over 50 letters to the various AGs, MOTs, MPs, MPPs, and the Prime Minister

all I get back are canned BS responses....and IMO, it's because I'm a voice of one

even when a few hundred people write and send letters in, they all get back the same canned responses, they're treated as individuals, each with an individual issue with the law....each handled separately

so the purpose of the petition is to show numbers....that's it that's all.....show a large group as opposed to one single voice

these guys are politiicians, and they'll write off the opinion of one, and they'll write off the opinions of a few hundred....but when you start coming at them with thousands.....they start listening

just please sign the damn petition and let me keep corresponding with a big number

thank you

Just like voting never works, especially when nobody votes.

Just spend 3 seconds doing the petition and help your community, even it you don't think it'll work.

someone start a facebook group with the link

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyBones View Post
    someone start a facebook group with the link
    Car Enthusiasts against bill 203
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2433883839

And:

Our fight against 203, The canadian fight for Automotive freedom
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5407949929
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Isn't it a lot less trouble to not race on the street?

When there is another bike following you, or if you pass another vehicle traveling below the speed limit, and a police officer is of the opinion that you are attempting to "outdistance" the other vehicle and seizes yours, let's hear if your opinion changes.

Or if a police officer does the old "we received a report of a red motorcycle speeding. You have a red motorcycle. Therefore you are guilty" and seizes your vehicle, let's see if you still support this law.

And don't say either situation hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    When there is another bike following you, or if you pass another vehicle traveling below the speed limit, and a police officer is of the opinion that you are attempting to "outdistance" the other vehicle and seizes yours, let's hear if your opinion changes.

Or if a police officer does the old "we received a report of a red motorcycle speeding. You have a red motorcycle. Therefore you are guilty" and seizes your vehicle, let's see if you still support this law.

And don't say either situation hasn't happened.
    How about when you are at a light in your sports or high performance car & the squirrel beside you lights em up & you get the tag for it because the Cop didn't really see what happened, but you look the part, and the tire smoke & debrise have drifted behind your vehicle.
    How about you just have no say in the matter, book em Dano, you are guilty before trial & your bike/car/license is gone for 7.
    Thats what this is about. If I thought nothing was ever going to happen to me because of my driving habits & I drove my daily vehicle every day, I'd probably have ignored this like 8 million other residents of Ontario, does not matter to me ??
    If you drive a high profile vehicle of any kind you could end up on the wrong end of a bad call with no right to due process.
    You get the fine & punishment before your day in court & even if you win, you loose.

Thats what this is about
    Last edited by Agent13; 06-30-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Get in sit down buckle up and shut up and hang on !

Quote Originally Posted by Pete E View Post
    Isn't it a lot less trouble to not race on the street?
    If you had been following the discourse here, then you would have known that the "racing and stunting" legislation isn't about racing, or stunting.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    If you had been following the discourse here, then you would have known that the "racing and stunting" legislation isn't about racing, or stunting.
    I'd say he answered the entire reason for this petition and the letters written by posting that response. It is exactly that attitude that people are trying to change. There is far more to this new law then 'racing' but most un-informed people don't know much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    I'd say he answered the entire reason for this petition and the letters written by posting that response. It is exactly that attitude that people are trying to change. There is far more to this new law then 'racing' but most un-informed people don't know much about it.
    Get in sit down buckle up and shut up and hang on !

How many 'racers' have been caught by this legislation?

I'd say 99.9% of people caught under this legislation aren't racing or stunting, they're just driving fast. That's called speeding, and we had laws to deal with that beforehand.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.