Hwy Ramp In Brampton

Thread: Hwy Ramp In Brampton

Hwy Ramp In Brampton

Travelling on Bovaird DR West, head North on 410, that ramp under the bridge, fresh pavement, long in and long out. Handy dandy when on the way up hwy 10 somewhere!

MIKE

Re: Hwy Ramp In Brampton

Yes, it has a nice flow to it. As soon as you hit the ramp it slopes down under the bridge then it comes up again while turning right - definitely a little bit of fun.

The ramp is concrete though and AFIK, concrete doesn't have the same "grip" potential as asphalt. Especially in the wet?

Someone please correct me on this!

Cheers

Just remember that if you continue on the 410 north, be VERY diligent about the speed limits. It drops to 60 km/h before the current end of the road at Mayfield Road, despite being a divided 4 lane road, and that's a popular spot for the cops to bust regular everyday people for "street racing" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Just remember that if you continue on the 410 north, be VERY diligent about the speed limits. It drops to 60 km/h before the current end of the road at Mayfield Road, despite being a divided 4 lane road, and that's a popular spot for the cops to bust regular everyday people for "street racing" ...
    Good call Brian... Forgot to add that part to my post. You would easily be speeding over 50km/h if you we're a little too "spirited" there.

Take that ramp, then get off on Sandalwood go left (west) and take the on-ramp to 410 South. Now that's a sweet on ramp, if it's clear you might be able to get a knee down.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethecottagebum View Post
    Travelling on Bovaird DR West, head North on 410, that ramp under the bridge, fresh pavement, long in and long out. Handy dandy when on the way up hwy 10 somewhere!

MIKE
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Take that ramp, then get off on Sandalwood go left (west) and take the on-ramp to 410 South. Now that's a sweet on ramp, if it's clear you might be able to get a knee down.
    410 South Ramp from Sandalwood last checked is clean and clear. I take it about 4 times a week Go ahead put it down. But we got some rain the past couple days watch out for any possible sand that washed onto the ramp.. will advise in a couple days when i am up there next
    "To be Old and Wise you must first be Young and Stupid"

It's clean, I take it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotta_Be_SV View Post
    410 South Ramp from Sandalwood last checked is clean and clear. I take it about 4 times a week Go ahead put it down. But we got some rain the past couple days watch out for any possible sand that washed onto the ramp.. will advise in a couple days when i am up there next
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    Yes, it has a nice flow to it. As soon as you hit the ramp it slopes down under the bridge then it comes up again while turning right - definitely a little bit of fun.

The ramp is concrete though and AFIK, concrete doesn't have the same "grip" potential as asphalt. Especially in the wet?

Someone please correct me on this!

Cheers

Google "concrete vs asphalt traction" or concrete vs pavement traction" and this is usually what comes up.

"Concrete pavements offer extra traction because they do not rut and they are built with added surface texture. There is less risk of hydroplaning because water is not allowed to collect in ruts and the added surface texture allows water to escape from between the tire and the road. Concrete pavements also offer better visibility because they are naturally much brighter than other pavements."

What I get out of this is, because you can texture concrete it keeps the tires in contact with the road surface better than on wet asphalt. Also, concrete is more porous than asphalt, thus removing water faster than asphalt, which is a petrolium based product and lets water 'sit' around.
    Again, this is just what I have found, but feel free to do your own research.

Canada is a country that doesn't know where it is going but is determined to set a speed record getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by dwebber7878 View Post
    Google "concrete vs asphalt traction" or concrete vs pavement traction" and this is usually what comes up.

"Concrete pavements offer extra traction because they do not rut and they are built with added surface texture. There is less risk of hydroplaning because water is not allowed to collect in ruts and the added surface texture allows water to escape from between the tire and the road. Concrete pavements also offer better visibility because they are naturally much brighter than other pavements."

What I get out of this is, because you can texture concrete it keeps the tires in contact with the road surface better than on wet asphalt. Also, concrete is more porous than asphalt, thus removing water faster than asphalt, which is a petrolium based product and lets water 'sit' around.
    Again, this is just what I have found, but feel free to do your own research.
    Interesting + good to know!