Sliders...

Thread: Sliders...

Sliders...

Was just goin thru some posts to see what setup some of you have for sliders.
    I was lookin at this for my CRF but they are kinda pricey.

Johnny you mentioned skateboard wheels for the supermoto but I'm not seein how well that would work.

Anyone seen a better option than this?
    http://www.motostrano.com/smeaxblsl.html

I'm tryin not to f up my bike anymore than I already have lol

I wish there was an easy way to mount cheater pegs too. My subframe stops at my airbox which I'm basically sitting on so I'm pretty limited. Any brilliant ideas?
    Anywho, who's ridin tonight?
    Last edited by amp3d; 04-30-2008 at 04:37 PM.
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Re: Sliders...

Most supermoto guys use skateboard wheels and a peice of threaded rod going through the axel to hold them on, its the same idea as that front one just skateboard wheels insted of the sliders they have.

Quote Originally Posted by matteo View Post
    Most supermoto guys use skateboard wheels and a peice of threaded rod going through the axel to hold them on, its the same idea as that front one just skateboard wheels insted of the sliders they have.
    I'm off to the skate park tonight to jack some kids board and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by matteo View Post
    are you the same kid that came out to the Scarborough spot a bunch of times last summer with the 450 and super moto tires that helped out everytime nina broke somthing on her bike? lol

Quote Originally Posted by amp3d View Post
    are you the same kid that came out to the Scarborough spot a bunch of times last summer with the 450 and super moto tires that helped out everytime nina broke somthing on her bike? lol

I snapped the chain once and the rest of the time it was front brake levers being replaced. It was the summer of learning endo's

What bike do you ride ? Ive got red sliders for an f4i.......want them ?

They have those ones that are built into the chain adjuster blocks on Ebay for half the price listed on that bling site. Or you can go the cheap route and get a universal set, that use threaded rod through the axles. Something like these, there are more then a few differnt kinds on Ebay...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...spagenameZWD1V

Go the skate wheel route.

The adjuster block type like to bent other parts when you crash.

I've seen them break swingarms.

buy the hardest durometer wheels you can get so they slide when you crash, not grab and cartwheel your bike.

I've had a couple of 100+mph get offs and the bike will just slide on the skate wheels with no fuss.

I'm doubting this will be an issue, but try not to get wheels that are really wide.

If you're backing it into corners enough, I've had a couple of situations where the wide wheels I was using will touch on the pavement causing momentary a loss of traction, then a nasty highside.

Quote Originally Posted by weeee =) View Post
    I snapped the chain once and the rest of the time it was front brake levers being replaced. It was the summer of learning endo's

What bike do you ride ? Ive got red sliders for an f4i.......want them ?
    Nina, you already know what I ride! (this is Mark!)
    Ummm, well its sliders for my CRF450 that I was thinkin of. Not too worried about the streetbike yet. I have enough trouble not wrecking the dirtbike :/

How's your stunting coming with the big bike?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Go the skate wheel route.

The adjuster block type like to bent other parts when you crash.

I've seen them break swingarms.

buy the hardest durometer wheels you can get so they slide when you crash, not grab and cartwheel your bike.

I've had a couple of 100+mph get offs and the bike will just slide on the skate wheels with no fuss.

I'm doubting this will be an issue, but try not to get wheels that are really wide.

If you're backing it into corners enough, I've had a couple of situations where the wide wheels I was using will touch on the pavement causing momentary a loss of traction, then a nasty highside.
    Thanks for the info.
    Nah, I'm not gunna supermoto it out lol. I'm still keepin the knobbies cause most of the riding is offroad but for the odd time I have it on pavement I thought sliders would be good.

I just f'd up my rad guards today in a nice crash, aaaargh. I think it's a sign i should take up a new sport...maybe something like golf, or ping pong. Nobody ever gets hurt in ping pong

Don't crash, you won't break things.

PS. GOLF IS FOR F@GS

Don't crash, you won't break things.

PS. GOLF IS FOR F@GS
    For some of us, crashing comes more natural than riding, lol...but I crash in STYLE!!

What does crashing feel like??

I've never done it!

What does crashing feel like??

I've never done it!
    You told me it was like a swedish massage????
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    You told me it was like a swedish massage????
    If they massage your bare *** with sand paper in Sweden then Id have to aggree.....

the sandpaper treatment costs extra

this is a little off topic but why haven't people put little wheels on crash bars, that way the bike would roll instead of scrape?
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    this is a little off topic but why haven't people put little wheels on crash bars, that way the bike would roll instead of scrape?
    Well you want it to slide and not flip but you want it to loose monetium as it slides, and stop sliding as soon as possible..If you put wheels on it will slide longer and faster then youd want it too...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Well you want it to slide and not flip but you want it to loose monetium as it slides, and stop sliding as soon as possible..If you put wheels on it will slide longer and faster then youd want it too...
    Unless you invent a new trick....
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Unless you invent a new trick....
    hahaha, that would actually make for a badass trick of some sort. Get your bike sliding on its side like a surfboard lmao.

That would be triiiiiiiiick.

PS I looped my bike out last week clutchin it in 2nd when I thought I was in 3rd, hurt like a b****. Learn something new everyday. lol

I can vouge for the sandpaper comment!!