Toronto to East Coast

Thread: Toronto to East Coast

Toronto to East Coast

I am looking for great riding roads to get to East Coast and back. I will have 2 weeks to kill so share your experience and knowladge regarding where to go, what to see and what roads to take.

Thanks.
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

Re: Toronto to East Coast

Did the trip last year with a friend, i suggest going down thru the states instead of straight thru canada, its such a boring ride.

Scotian_Lotion

I'd just get out there as fast as you can on the way there... put away 4 or 5 full days for Newfoundland alone.
    2 days for Cape Breton, 3 days for mainland Nova Scotia...screw New Brunswick. then see how much time you have left to explore a ride through the US on the way back.

There are some beautiful roads in Vermont, careful though, a few switched back and forth between pavement and gravel with no signs. I agree with the other posters, NB to Toronto via Canada is uber boring, but you can do it in a day to get home quickly. I really liked mainland Nova Scotia (Cape Breton was ok too). The two lane highways all the way around the outside is amazing. The roads are similar to Highway 2, but with fewer towns, more turns and no cars. PEI was boring, to make it interesting, you had to go way too fast. I didn't make it out to the rock. I will try to find the GPS coordinates of a cool road in NE Maine. It wasn't technically demanding, but it was like someone had laid down a crumpled ribbon. So fluid and cool to ride.

Have an awesome trip,

Jamie

This is a route done by a group that is on this site. I am using it a starting point for my route planning (I'm heading out there at the end of June).
    http://www.gtasportriders.com/forum/...ad.php?tid=945

Nova Scotia has a free visitors guide for motorcyclists. You might want to order it... you can order it online.

Definitely ride the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Island. I went though the trail TWICE with a car ... I can't wait to try it out on my motorcycle!

go through new hampshire and ride road 112

Thanks for all the tips, keep'em coming.

I was also wondering what are some of the places that are worth seeing, some breath taking spots or views. I plan to spend 12 to 14 days and it does not have to be all riding but 80% of it will be for sure.

I am thinking about going one way through us but on the way back maybe through Canada. I would prefer to take slower roads with more turns and scenery rather than hwy where it is "uber boring" as it was described previously.

Please give me as many tips as possible.

Thanks for help,

Arek
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Scotian_Lotion View Post
    I'd just get out there as fast as you can on the way there... put away 4 or 5 full days for Newfoundland alone.
    2 days for Cape Breton, 3 days for mainland Nova Scotia...screw New Brunswick. then see how much time you have left to explore a ride through the US on the way back.
    i made it to ST johns Newfoundland in 3 days. ..
    Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.