ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

ripdatshit

ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

Seeing how after doing some searching on here there is really just the WShack meet for us true eastenders, I am taking it upon myself to try and start my own rides which will consist of more riding, more often. I read the WShack group seem to intimidate some riders just due to either sheer size of the group or for whatever reason, so this may be something a littl smaller and more approachable.

Anyhow, I wanna do the first ride on April 30th something small just to get started and see who actually decides to turn out. All riders welcome, but leave your showboat ego's at home please. The route is still being worked on but I would like to try meeting in the OC lot ouside of The Keg. I am more then willing to take suggestions as to destinations and routes. If all goes well, there will be many more weekdy rides aswell as weekend longer rides to come.

Post up if you think you might be interested, and I forgot to mention not that it should matter but I ride a 2003 R6.

Re: ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

Hey,

I won't get my bike until May 9th...but Ill play after that! Happy riding until then...

Looks like we have the same idea I never like to go to these meets such as Wshack because they basically ride from one bar then go for a short ride and back to another just to sit and talk. I usually do long rides every weekend on Saturdays (weather permitting), I have a small group of trustworthy friends so maybe you can join us sometime. I don't post anymore rides simply because of the uncertainty of the riders.
    Ma che cazzo hai detto!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sempre1 View Post
    Looks like we have the same idea I never like to go to these meets such as Wshack because they basically ride from one bar then go for a short ride and back to another just to sit and talk. I usually do long rides every weekend on Saturdays (weather permitting), I have a small group of trustworthy friends so maybe you can join us sometime. I don't post anymore rides simply because of the uncertainty of the riders.
    It's probably a few weeks away from hot weather but I'm just about to head out and change the brake lines then I'm good to go!

Sean

2008 ZX10R

Smile Re: ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

Quote Originally Posted by ninja44 View Post
    It's probably a few weeks away from hot weather but I'm just about to head out and change the brake lines then I'm good to go!
    Why do you need new brake lines?? Can't stop the beast?!!
    Good........i can't wait to go for a nice ride up north to test out my NINJA!!

ripdatshit

ya thats the idea with this is to try and avoid that huge group bar to bar style and more of a hardcore riders ride.

JLR606

Lightbulb Re: ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

Quote Originally Posted by ripdatshit View Post

Anyhow, I wanna do the first ride on April 30th something small just to get started and see who actually decides to turn out. All riders welcome, but leave your showboat ego's at home please. The route is still being worked on but I would like to try meeting in the OC lot ouside of The Keg. I am more then willing to take suggestions as to destinations and routes. If all goes well, there will be many more weekdy rides aswell as weekend longer rides to come.

Post up if you think you might be interested, and I forgot to mention not that it should matter but I ride a 2003 R6.
    count me in if this plan is still a go for the 30th! what time are you thinking of. im free after 5ish.

I should be able to attend most nights providing the kids don't need to be picked up.
    HIS - 2006 CBR 1000RR
    HERS - 2004 CBR 600RR
    Project 2: "Full Electric 6500W Super pocket Bike" Fried conroller, replacment OTW!

I'm in the same boat as Tikki. A couple more weeks and then I'll be ready to go.

MSN me

neroburnn@hotmail.com

Easier to arrange something.
    HIS - 2006 CBR 1000RR
    HERS - 2004 CBR 600RR
    Project 2: "Full Electric 6500W Super pocket Bike" Fried conroller, replacment OTW!

Smile Re: ripdatshit's Durham Ride #1 April 30th

Guys be prepared for upcoming rides on saturdays only...mainly up north!
    I don't do evening rides because my work does not allow it

So, for the OP, April 30 at Oshawa center, but what time, is this a day off work all day ride, afternoon, early evening???

I'd be up for a Durham ride sometime, pm me
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

ripdatshit

ok well the plan is sill a go for the 30th weather permitting of course. Time to meet should be lets say around 5pm? I would like to hear bak from you guys as to what time most would be available for.

Meet spot is still going to be at THE KEG parking lot at the Oshawa Center.

Ride route is still to be figured out, also dpends on who shows and how much time we have. If some of you perfer pm me with msn or w/e is best or just continueto post up here.

I know to some who is reading this post they may think because I am a new member I may be a new rider and in which case I shouldn't leader or organize anything. I AM NOT NEW to riding just to this community in which I hope to build a rep here as someone who will be known for his great rides.

Quote Originally Posted by ripdatshit View Post
    I AM NOT NEW to riding just to this community in which I hope to build a rep here as someone who will be known for his great rides.
    The legend of "ripdatshit" in theatres everywhere, check your local listings. To some he was a man, to others he was the god of the local ride......

Just kidding, if work lets me alone I may join you, 5 sounds good.

JLR606

5 works. unless weather changes

Quote Originally Posted by uniongoon View Post
    The legend of "ripdatshit" in theatres everywhere, check your local listings. To some he was a man, to others he was the god of the local ride......
    lol

Knowledge Without Mileage is Useless

*worry about your own spelling not mine.

ripdatshit

lol... didn't mean to come off cocky or nothing and yeahI know its all jokes. Just to clarify we will meet for 5:00pm. If you plan to show its would be a good idea to be ready to leave by 5:15.

ripdatshit

ahhh ******.... I just looked at the weather for tomorrow and possible showers for the afternoon/evening.

Check here tomorrow before anyone leaves their house as this ride might have to wait for another day, maybe thurs or fri. The weekend looks all washed out too

Its a little too early for me. I have to work in TO and get back to my house and get the bike. There might not be a great turn out this week, its freakin cold. 1 degree in Newcastle here this am!
    HIS - 2006 CBR 1000RR
    HERS - 2004 CBR 600RR