Road To Calabogie

Thread: Road To Calabogie

Road To Calabogie

I am sure many of you who have been to Calabogie are familiar with this route but those who are not I will say it for you.

While getting lost on my way to Petawawa I ended up on Highway 511. The road was in perfect condition for the majority and super twisty. I was in my truck (went through in mid february) but the entire time I thought how awesome it would be to be on a bike.

To get there I always take the 401 to 37 North (bellevile)
    Highway 37 to Highway 7 East
    Highway 7 East to just before the town of Perth where you will see a sign that says Highway 511 to Calabogie. It's about a 30 min road if I can recall and it's a wicked ride.

NOTE: If you plan on going through past Calabogie, whatever you do, DO NOT go over to the 34 or the 52 in attempt to get the 132. The 511 ends at the 508. STAY ON THE 508 if you are going east or west to whatever main highway. Route 34 and 52 are super sketchy. MASSIVE HOLES and they turn into dirts after so many metres.

Re: Road To Calabogie

511 is the best road out near the Ottawa valley. What I like to do is stay in Renfrew or Perth and beat the Ottawa boys to the 511 early in the morning. Lots of bikes on that road on the weekends.

+1 the 511 is a great road.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    511 is the best road out near the Ottawa valley. What I like to do is stay in Renfrew or Perth and beat the Ottawa boys to the 511 early in the morning. Lots of bikes on that road on the weekends.
    Doez the Fuzz know about it yet? On the weekendz I alwayz likez to go where the Fuzz iz.

you betcha they know about that road.