Be Careful Around Hockley Road!

Thread: Be Careful Around Hockley Road!

Be Careful Around Hockley Road!

I live and ride daily in this area and there are a couple areas of concern. There still are many corners with significant amount of sand or gravel on them. There is also a hugely increased police presence including recently introduced OPP. bike cops, with bad agressive attitudes. And finally be super aware of the railway crossings east of Loretto heading to Beeton and down towards Tottenham, they are really bad, I hit one a couple of days ago @ the legal limit and it was so unlevel that I bent my front rim on my softtail. So you harley riders with spoked wheels be very careful because they really suck and are quite dangerous, it would be really easy for a novice rider to lose it over these crossings.
    Last edited by FJgeezer; 04-23-2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling

MarcF650R

Re: Be Careful Around Hockley Road!

The township put in a new shoulder on Hockley Rd last year and that fresh new gravel spilled out all over the road. I was just there on Monday and I noticed that the gravel was still a problem, but no biggy IF you take it easy....

I have seen that, a stupid cager do a U-turn on a curve and a deer, so I dont boot it on that road.

Gotta agree with the level crossings being rough. I usually slow down for crossings anyway, being a mild rail fanatic....