Help The New 08 Ninja 250 Owner!

Thread: Help The New 08 Ninja 250 Owner!

Help The New 08 Ninja 250 Owner!

I just got this bike from the great deal that Pearl setup.

Anyways, I noticed something weird that just started happening with this bike. I've got about 130km on it so far.

When I parked it after a nice hour long ride, I noticed it began to emit a high pitched "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" sound. It won't stop. It's not very loud, its coming from somewhere near the front end of the motorcycle.

The bike is in neutral, steering locked, and kickstand down.

Any ideas?

Re: Help The New 08 Ninja 250 Owner!

Engine off when this is happening? Bike sitting in the sun (or it has been in the sun, and you took it to the shade)?

Kawasaki fuel tank caps are notorious for whistling as they relieve internal pressure in the fuel tank (i.e. as the sun is heating it up). They've all done this for decades.

Take it back, the bike is no good. They have been having problems with the batteries shorting out occasionally starting fires. Stand back!

Engine is off. The bike is parked in a nice cool basement garage.

I just went to check on the bike 10 minutes later, the high pitched beep stopped.

I have no clue what it is.

glad to know I'm not the only one getting that, tho it's something having to do with the pressure in the gas tank, I would call the guy at the dealer and let him know so that they know there are a few ppl with it. but from what i've gathered, it only does it on a hot day when exposed to sun, if i bring it to the shade and open the gas cap to releive pressure, it goes away. so i'm thinking it's a pinched hose or something. either way i'm going tomorrow for my 600km checkup. hehe i've been busy working the kms.

my 92 zx7 makes a whistling noise from the gas tank on hot days, its doesn't "Beeeeeeep" more of a "whooooohh"

Hmm, a hot day? I was freezing my butt off riding out tonight.

it's been known to do it on other times when it's not soo hot, but the heat does have a compounding affect on it. either way, like i say, when ever i hear it and park the bike, I open the cap to relieve the pressure, and it's usually fine after that. Odd that others have mentionned the same thing since my old ( 01 ) 250 ninja never had this problem and I had gotten it with only 1500kms on it.

uhhh you sure it isn't the fan?
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

It's the gas tank venting. Completely normal and nothing to worry about. It made the sound on my old ZZR250, and it makes the sound in my new ZX6R... just gas tank venting...
    '08 ZX6R

Thank for the replies ppl.

I did notice that I'm almost done my first tank of gas, I'll fill up the tank tommorow.

Thanks again.

i had a friend with a zx6r did that, i bugged him that he had a fax machine for a bike ... LOL

"Rides are simple, we all leave together we all go home together."