Regions with reciprocity agreements, with Ontario - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regions with reciprocity agreements, with Ontario

Re: Regions with reciprocity agreements, with Ontario

Rob, I've found only one real reference in legal documents to this and it's highly convoluted. Can you point me to a good resource which cites these agreements on a government site? Typical to form, it's like trying to pin a live badger to a speeding car to read the HTA and surrounding documents.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

You want to go to http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/ and do a search for the following:

ONTARIO REGULATION 37/93

R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 607

Sorry, I can't recall the section that includes full sharing of demerit information with Michigan and New York. I'll post it up if I can find it.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks, that looks like it does the trick.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

So if I pay the ticket, I won't see any mention of it here in Canada?
    You're saying that the points will not come here, but what about the moving violation?
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    So if I pay the ticket, I won't see any mention of it here in Canada?
    You're saying that the points will not come here, but what about the moving violation?
    As has been stated previously only two States share more than fine recovery, and that is for a specific list of infractions.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

States without such agreements:

Alaska
    California
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Maine
    Massachusetts
    Nevada
    South Dakota
    Vermont
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Last edited by smokeeater341; 06-17-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen

My Dad got a speeding ticket in Illinois, with the shape of some of those local economies, they'll make sure they get paid then act like you dropped off the face of the earth. I'm sure it would just take to much money and time to try and send the information back to Ontario.

It's been more than a year since I was charged for speeding 9 over in upstate NY (reduced on the spot from the original reading of 15 over). Plead it down to 5 over and paid ($80 + $250 for the paralegal). I just got my abstract yesterday and it's squeaky clean.

On another note, I came back recently from a 15,000Km trip to the west coast without being pulled over anywhere, although I could have appeared as obviously speeding to dozens of cops I passed in both directions, many of them in a stakeout position by the road or on the median (counting those I've seen, of course). I kept my speed in check through populated areas and reasonable on the highway, but otherwise rode as fast as I felt comfortable. It may be worth noting that I'm very noticeable by appearance (hi-vis helmet, big side/top cases, modulated headlight...) but not by the way I ride or behave in traffic.

I've also noticed that speed limits in US are often quite reasonable, if not outright generous. Regional two lane roads with speed limits of 65 or even 70mph are not uncommon. In many instances I found that I can't even exceed the speed limit without going out of my otherwise pretty wide comfort zone.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine