Best Roads out of Whitby to Peterborough

Thread: Best Roads out of Whitby to Peterborough

Best Roads out of Whitby to Peterborough

Hello All,

Looking to do my first ride to Peterborough this weekend for a friends birthday. Any thoughts on good routes? My destination is:133 Lansdowne Street East peterborough

Thanks
    Dave
    As in life "look far down the road and your journey will take you to all good things in your future"

Re: Best Roads out of Whitby to Peterborough

Best roads would be this ..

Straight up hwy 12 into Port Perry.
    Follow Port Perry across the causeway which is hwy 7.
    Just past Blackstock, turn left onto #57
    When you come into that little town, turn righ at the stop which is #57 continuation.

If you follow that it will take you just out side of lindsay to Hwy 35.
    Hwy 35 to Hwy 7 right into Peterborough.
    Nice little ride for sure .. and a couple twisties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrik View Post
    Hello All,

Looking to do my first ride to Peterborough this weekend for a friends birthday. Any thoughts on good routes? My destination is:133 Lansdowne Street East peterborough

Thanks
    Dave
    Taunton to the 35/115. Great ride.
    Cam
    DR.ZED
    09 Jetta clean diesel. M6
    07 Honda Shadow Spirit C2 VTX750C27
    85 BMW 325e - the race car

Moderator Moderator TheGradyTrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrik View Post
    Hello All,

Thanks
    Dave
    Not to sure about overall road conditions in the Peterborough area. Considering all the floods they have been having lately.

A route I use to take to Peterborough was. Liberty in Bowmanville, north to Regional Road # 20. Then East to # 35. North to Pontypool Road. Which turns into County Road #21 when you cross over the 115. It will take you through Millbrook. Once you cross highway #28, it becomes Wallace Point Road. This will take you to Cold Springs. Which is on County Road # 39. Go north to Lansdowne. Some nice bends in the road along this route.

Edit: not sure how these roads have survived the winter.
    Enjoy the party!
    Last edited by TheGradyTrain; 04-18-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Excellent Feedback Folks, Thanks! Ended up doing Kingston Rd to Brock ST/Taunton to 35/115 great weekend indeed.

d
    As in life "look far down the road and your journey will take you to all good things in your future"

Quote Originally Posted by TheGradyTrain View Post
    Not to sure about overall road conditions in the Peterborough area. Considering all the floods they have been having lately.

A route I use to take to Peterborough was. Liberty in Bowmanville, north to Regional Road # 20. Then East to # 35. North to Pontypool Road. Which turns into County Road #21 when you cross over the 115. It will take you through Millbrook. Once you cross highway #28, it becomes Wallace Point Road. This will take you to Cold Springs. Which is on County Road # 39. Go north to Lansdowne. Some nice bends in the road along this route.

Edit: not sure how these roads have survived the winter.
    Enjoy the party!
    + 1
    Ride Safe
    Hammersfan