Cycleworld Superstore - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycleworld Superstore

Re: Cycleworld Superstore

I've had work done there over the years and the service has always been great.
    2006 GIXXER 750

That place looks like a thrift store. Everything looks dirty and dingy. They were trying to sell water wetter for $21.99, when Crappy Tire sells it for $11. They also had this other coolant crap they were trying to pawn off for twenty something bucks for a 1L bottle, whereas again I can go to Crappy Tire and get a 3.78L Prestone jug for $14.99.

Worst thing was my buddy needed an oil filter for his SV, but all they had was this garbage Emgo filter which costed $17. They said we'd have to go to Newmarket to get an OEM filter from the ONLY Suzuki dealership up there. Couple days later I went to Z1 Cycletech: OEM Suzuki filters, $13. Nuff said
    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

2006 R6 Raven

shonda_rider

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzy View Post
    To the person who said my review had lies in it, you are apparently oblivious on two accounts.

1. I did say they had new gear in the store which was pretty good but they also have a lot of what looked like old gear. (In many cases this gear was dirty as well)

2. When you did your little drive by you must not have noticed the piles and piles of gloves with no packaging, old looking helmets and a rack of one peice suits, many of which were dirty.

I did also say that I would give them another chance and go back and when I do I will write another review based on what I see.

I see no problem with them trying to get rid of their old stock, and I have no reason to lie, I just made an astute observation, you should try it sometime.
    Fonzy - Try reading my post - it's as "astute" as anything you've ever posted - minus the lies. Since I was buying the Alpinestars race boot I also looked at the racesuits which are new old stock and they looked clean to me. On Sunday, Trysh and Keith we busy tagging the piles of gloves you mentioned. Anytime you want to help out with processing inventory at any store in the GTA - step up to the plate instead of whining.

Since when is an ICON Seventh Seal, Mechanica or Bulldog helmet considered "old" - I checked the ICON website and those are current 2008 models. Hmmm, the FS-10 HJC helmet with the internal aviator shield is also new this year. So is the Symax II helmet I tried on - brand spanking new for 2008. You posted your little lie without the other side of the truth being posted. All stores put older helmets out to clear them out - if you don't like them - move along to the new stuff - instead you logged on here and whined some more.

As far as defining the word dealership - the Province of Ontario just that just fine along with the City of Toronto for those of us who own and operate our own businesses. To sell motor vehicles in the province of Ontario - you must have a "dealer" license - hence you are a "dealer" - it's that simple. If you want to argue the semantics of independent verses franchised - go right ahead.

The dingyness of the front building was the same as it was last year - the ceiling leaked then and it still does now - the ugly grey/brown carpeting from last year is still there now. If you want the front building to get a facelift - again, step up to the plate and put your money where your anonymous postings are - I'm sure the new owner would gladly accept your financial remodeling contributions - though I really can't speak on his behalf. Retail space remodeling costs between $20-40 per sqft and even a tiny 1200 space would cost $36,000 - the front building I would estimate is about 5000 sqft - so come on you "dingy" critics - it's time for you to cough up $150,000 so you can shop in the glamour surroundings that you demand of the property owner.

As I said, it just so easy for non-business owners to sit back, get really brave, post anonymously on these forums and hammer the sh*t out of the local small businesses that, in Canada, employ approx 80% of our population.

And for anyone who thinks moving a business and unpacking is easy - you're crazy. I moved my 2500 sqft store twice in the past 8 years and I can speak from experience, it can easily take 6 months - 1 year before you come close to normalizing again.

It's just easier to anonymously whine - here's an idea - you don't like how the unpacking is going along - not fast enough for you - step up and go over there to help out !!!! Ooops, that would mean coming out from the safety of your keyboard - bad idea!

I make a conscious effort to not log on here and criticize any of our local small powersport businesses - not matter how I'm treated at any one of them. I have bad experiences across the board from the uber posh and sqeaky clean to the holes in the wall or basement outfits. But, each one employs real people who NEED REAL JOBS in an Ontario economy that is going into a recession during a time of escalating fuel, food and housing prices. It's shameful that the whiners are only thinking of themselves.

Regards.

Jack.

Shonda Rider, first you say there was no old stock but now apparently those piles of old stock gloves do exist? I dont know what me helping them has to do with anything.

The "whining" i'm doing is called a review...that's why it's in the Reviews section. Just because you don't think it is true doesn't mean its a lie. There have been many people who have echoed my sentinment. Apparently you think that anything bad said about this store is a lie, so be it, I guess that is your review of my review. That is your opinion and I respect your right to express it, however I will not be be retracting anything.

Have fun reviewing, I know I will.

Yeah Fonzy is right. My experiences with the place are less than spectacular. Granted, some of their prices are cheaper than other stores within the GTA but they are in a "as is" state. I can agree with the dirty appearance of what one would believe to be a "brand new never used before product". The bin of used gloves? I have seen that before in there old River Street store by Regent Park. Pretty ghetto, but it is what it is. If u can get a deal on some gear, thats cool, albeit some used looking gear at times.

Regards,

Darius

I think everyone has some truth in their posts here. I've made no secrets about my feelings for this place.
    If I could only ever deal with Kevin for my parts and accessories and have Mark service my bike I'd be a happy
    Camper, they are both amazing to me and my bike, but there is the John factor. IMO...whom ever got CWE up
    and going again would or does have the oppertunity to be THE store/shop in the GTA but I don't think it will
    happen with present ownership unless some drastic changes occur. I've been in a aisle before at the store
    downtown and overheard John tell staff that he thinks people like shopping in a flea market because
    they feel like the will get a better price. Maybe there are some people who feel that way but today I think people
    would rather have a clean brite inviting place to shop or maybe it's just me that feels that way, I don't know.

Shonda, no one is asking for a huge reno but I think the present state of the store has more to do with John
    than you think. It looks like the downtown store just bigger. Same old tired store shelves same old tired parts
    counter, same old tired helmet shelves on the wall etc. etc. etc. etc... I'm not saying do $150,000 reno but
    rent a carpet cleaner and clean that carpet (cheap), buy some white paint and paint those tired old grey shelves (cheap),
    Use something other than raw plywood to finish off the parts counter (cheap), put all the clutter in a room until you can get to
    it, etc. etc. etc. etc...............

The biggest thing for me is to not get into huge shouting matches with your employee's right in front of
    customers. That's just pathetic. Go outside or in a office or better yet wait until the store closes.

Somewhere in the middle of everone's posts here lies the truth and his name is John.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Quote Originally Posted by shonda_rider View Post
    Fonzy - Try reading my post - it's as "astute" as anything you've ever posted - minus the lies. Since I was buying the Alpinestars race boot I also looked at the racesuits which are new old stock and they looked clean to me. On Sunday, Trysh and Keith we busy tagging the piles of gloves you mentioned. Anytime you want to help out with processing inventory at any store in the GTA - step up to the plate instead of whining.

Since when is an ICON Seventh Seal, Mechanica or Bulldog helmet considered "old" - I checked the ICON website and those are current 2008 models. Hmmm, the FS-10 HJC helmet with the internal aviator shield is also new this year. So is the Symax II helmet I tried on - brand spanking new for 2008. You posted your little lie without the other side of the truth being posted. All stores put older helmets out to clear them out - if you don't like them - move along to the new stuff - instead you logged on here and whined some more.

As far as defining the word dealership - the Province of Ontario just that just fine along with the City of Toronto for those of us who own and operate our own businesses. To sell motor vehicles in the province of Ontario - you must have a "dealer" license - hence you are a "dealer" - it's that simple. If you want to argue the semantics of independent verses franchised - go right ahead.

The dingyness of the front building was the same as it was last year - the ceiling leaked then and it still does now - the ugly grey/brown carpeting from last year is still there now. If you want the front building to get a facelift - again, step up to the plate and put your money where your anonymous postings are - I'm sure the new owner would gladly accept your financial remodeling contributions - though I really can't speak on his behalf. Retail space remodeling costs between $20-40 per sqft and even a tiny 1200 space would cost $36,000 - the front building I would estimate is about 5000 sqft - so come on you "dingy" critics - it's time for you to cough up $150,000 so you can shop in the glamour surroundings that you demand of the property owner.

As I said, it just so easy for non-business owners to sit back, get really brave, post anonymously on these forums and hammer the sh*t out of the local small businesses that, in Canada, employ approx 80% of our population.

And for anyone who thinks moving a business and unpacking is easy - you're crazy. I moved my 2500 sqft store twice in the past 8 years and I can speak from experience, it can easily take 6 months - 1 year before you come close to normalizing again.

It's just easier to anonymously whine - here's an idea - you don't like how the unpacking is going along - not fast enough for you - step up and go over there to help out !!!! Ooops, that would mean coming out from the safety of your keyboard - bad idea!

I make a conscious effort to not log on here and criticize any of our local small powersport businesses - not matter how I'm treated at any one of them. I have bad experiences across the board from the uber posh and sqeaky clean to the holes in the wall or basement outfits. But, each one employs real people who NEED REAL JOBS in an Ontario economy that is going into a recession during a time of escalating fuel, food and housing prices. It's shameful that the whiners are only thinking of themselves.

Regards.

Jack.
    Do you work there or something? Why in the hell would I shell out money to fix up a store I don't own/work in? Why would I help them unpack? It's called retail buddy, and people have certain expectations when they shop. Last time I checked this forum was a "review" column - no one is whining about the store being a dump, they're just calling it like it is. In the end, people will give their review with their wallets...by not shopping there.

Oh, and I don't get how the "need for real jobs" BS has any reason for being in this post...I should shop at a crappy service, dingy store because they might have a hard time making the payments? Should I cook for them too? Buy their gas? Fix their store?
    My ride: Suzuki GSX-R600

MaximusM

NEVER AGAIN FOR SERVICE!!!!

They set wrong expectations with the customer (in this case, myself). Promised me something they couldn't fulfill, and kept blaming it on the manufacture.

If you cant do something, PLEASE dont say you can or will.
    If you DONT HAVE A FREAKING IDEA when its gonna be ready, PLEASE dont tell me tomorrow, and next day TOMORROW AGAIN, and soo on for ALMOST 2 WEEKS!

I dont give a F*** where and how you get your parts... ITS NOT AN EXCUSE!
    If you know its going to take a week, just tell me a week, and ill either take it or leave. DONT TELL ME TOMORROW, if you dont know for sure, or maybe you do know thats its going to take longer, but just need to keep the customer = make money?!?!?!

As i said, never again for service.

Dont know anything about the actual store (jackets,gloves,helmets etc..) never bought anything from them.

shonda_rider

More and more whining...it's like a bunch of old ladies.

Andrew at GP didn't pay attention to me. whine, whine, whine

RosieToes scratched my rims. whine, whine, whine

Cycle World is dingy. whine, whine, whine

Suzuki of Newmarket is service sucks. whine, whine, whine

Kahuna overcharges on crush washers. whine, whine, whine

Riders Choice didn't had to order a parts and the supplier took three weeks to send it. whine, whine, whine.

And all of this whining under the guise of a "review".

Here's an idea, make a hard copy of any/all of your "reviews/whines/criticisms" and walk into ANY/ALL of the powersports dealers that you've posted all of these things about and present yourself in person, to the owner of any of these establishments.

Come out from behind your computer and put your face where your typing is.

None of you would have the b*lls to do that - that's just how cowardly an act it is to hide behind the safety of your computer and "review" others.

This issue isn't about Cycle World, GP, Kahuna or any other powersports business, it's about the cowards who think they have a spine and at the same time post lies / half truths / partial stories about businesses and don't have to take any accountability or ownership for anything after the typing is done.

When you behave like that, you do nothing more than marginalize yourself and you become inconsequential.

And to what end ?

I'm not defending John or any other owner of a powersports business - because it doesn't matter - noone ever wins the "he said / she said" crap. It's pointless.

My grandfather use to always say, anytime you think you can the job better than the person your criticizing, then do it. But times have changed, now the anonymity of the internet make the smallest pea brain into the biggest whiner.

Everybody who's been around motorcycles knows who the good and bad dealers are. But this list can change back and forth.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by shonda_rider View Post

Come out from behind your computer and put your face where your typing is.

None of you would have the b*lls to do that - that's just how cowardly an act it is to hide behind the safety of your computer and "review" others.

When you behave like that, you do nothing more than marginalize yourself and you become inconsequential.

now the anonymity of the internet make the smallest pea brain into the biggest whiner.

Thanks for scolding all of us and putting us in our place...................... while you sit at home safe and behind the "anonymity of the internet".
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Quote Originally Posted by GSXStone View Post
    Do you work there or something? Why in the hell would I shell out money to fix up a store I don't own/work in? Why would I help them unpack? It's called retail buddy, and people have certain expectations when they shop. Last time I checked this forum was a "review" column - no one is whining about the store being a dump, they're just calling it like it is. In the end, people will give their review with their wallets...by not shopping there.

Oh, and I don't get how the "need for real jobs" BS has any reason for being in this post...I should shop at a crappy service, dingy store because they might have a hard time making the payments? Should I cook for them too? Buy their gas? Fix their store?
    Amen GSXStone. You say you own your own business Shonda, then you should know better than anyone else how to appeal to your customers/clients. Presentation is the key. The product may be new, but if it's full of dust and poorly lit (which it is) who's gonna wanna look at it.

Another thing, why would I put my money/time/effort into fixing up the store? I'm not the one trying to sell stuff - I'M THE CUSTOMER. It's my money, so I get to make demands and expectations of where it's spent. That's the right and priviledge of the consumer. If you wanna call it whining, then Waa Waa Waa! There's a reason malls and other "properly run retail businesses" are brightly lit and clean: SO YOU CAN SEE S*** AND WANNA BUY IT!!!

Shonda if you wanna continue shopping there, then go right ahead. No one's stopping you. But from the concensus of the rest of the members here, it seems like you'll be the only one doing it. Hey if you love that place so much, why don't you shell out some money and time and help clean/fix it up? Put your money where your mouth is for a change instead of calling everyone else out. You'll probably shoot back with a "blah blah blah internet blah blah whine blah anonymous" post, but I guess that's just your way of 'whining' about everyone else's review.
    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

2006 R6 Raven

evan-n-cassy

We agree with shonda.

There's no point in being publically critical about a dealer. Perhaps it's the old school, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.

We had a very pleasant time at Cycle World Superstore as we do at other dealers in the GTA.

The changes to the back building was a really big improvement over what was there before they moved in and as a contractor it's clear to me the amount of money that was spent on the back building. The showroom area is really nice.

We didn't mind the clutter at all - it just takes a lot of time to get set up when you move. Geeeze, give it a rest.

We got great service and walked out with two jackets at prices we were happy with.

I talk to Keith about getting Repsol oil and he said they would be getting it in soon. I got a call last night to let me know he had placed their Repsol order so I'll be back to shop again - dingy or not.

When I was outside near the service area, I overheard one of the mechanics teaching a customer about the importance of checking the tension of his chain.

What I liked about the River Street location was the "stuff". I was always surprised with the out of sorts stuff that they had when it came to odd parts and accessories that other dealers wouldn't even consider stocking. I'm personally looking forward to them unpacking the stuff and spend some time poking around.

I did notice a lot of OEM accessories in boxes down the clutter aisles. Can't wait for that to be unpacked as well.

I'll happy with how things are progressing there and who knows, maybe next year they may have the money to put into making the front building nicer too.

E_N_V

For my FJ1200 and Bandit I go to Cycle City Burlington. The FJ is 23years old and I still get great service support from their parts dept. They have a new parts lady learning the prduct lines but she was also very helpfull. Parts have always beeen right ones, on time, even offerd aftermarket for lower price than factory parts, and always followed up with phone call when they came in.
    Give them a try.

I have to say that so far I had good experience with that store. I found them good while they were on River Street and when they moved to Cycleworld location the customer service still remained the same.
    Also there were two bike shows in March back to back where the store had a booth so I am not surprised that it still looks unpacked. Besides if they spend a lot of money on fixing up a store they'll have to raise the prices and I'd rather buy gear at lower costs at a dingy-looking place than go to a designer-outfitted store and pay extra.
    Can't comment on the mech. service-haven't had experience with it yet.
    "Everyone will die, not everyone will live" - unknown

Thumbs down 16 year olds at the mall give better customer service

I've been searching for a nice leather jacket for the woman. I decided to call these guys up.

After dialing, I specifically select the extension for the apparel and gear. The gear dude answers stating he's the one at the apparel & gear section.

I ask 'what price range are your women's leathers going for?'

The dude leaves for a bit, I have no idea why, he comes back and says they have clearance items starting at $175.

Now, from experience, I know that clearance items are sizes like XS and XL. The woman is a S or M, so I really couldn't care less about the clearance section, so I (a little more specifically) 'I meant in terms of the regular priced stuff, what's your typical price range?'

Buddy answers saying the store is busy and he doesn't have time to run around checking out jackets for me? lol, wtf? Does he actually not know his inventory well enough to answer a simple question like that? I can tell you from experience working retail and working in menswear that the staff that didn't know the price range, brands, sizes, etc were the staff that got canned.

If you can't answer a simple question over 'average price range' to someone interested in making the trip out to your store which is now 5x further away, what good are you? lol

jazminesgizzer

OMG! Call the Home Shopping Club if you want to shop from home. I was in Cycle World today actually buying a new ICON leather jacket and received outstanding customer service. I would have been totally ****** off if some home shopper was given priority attention over customers that are actually standing in the store shopping and ready to make an actual purchase.

Many dealers I've ever called just say things like "we're sorry we don't discuss prices over the phone"....click!!! At least you got a starting point answer.

The person you spoke with is absolutley correct, when a store is busy, serving customers in the store is the priority. Maybe you were put on hold so the person could excuse themselves from customers, like me, they were currently serving ???

Home shoppers to the back of the bus please.

Jazmine

Regardless of what anyone thinks of calling in to ask someone for a quick price range, anyone who needs more than 5 seconds to answer a question like that really doesn't know what the hell is going on in the store. Those of you with years of retail behind you know what I mean.

By the way, I see that's your first post, welcome. Stop by the Intro forum

jazminesgizzer

I currently work in retail and ... home shoppers to the back of the bus.

The retail sector is being faced with unrelenting challenges most of all staff cutbacks due to cost cutting therefore, customers in the store absolutely get priority over home shoppers on the phone.

As I said, be happy that you got a person who actually made the time to give you a starting point answer instead of the dreaded ... click.

When I called Best Buy last week to inquire about a price on an item, I was simply told to the staff is busy serving in store customers and that I would need to come into the store and that was after I was on hold for 10 minutes - I was a home shopper and was the lower priority at the time and I completely understand that position because it's the same position at the retailer I work at.

A customer standing in the store has far greater potential for a real sale than a voice on the end of a phone "shopping around".

Welcome to the new world of retail.

Quote Originally Posted by jazminesgizzer View Post
    I currently work in retail and ... home shoppers to the back of the bus.

The retail sector is being faced with unrelenting challenges most of all staff cutbacks due to cost cutting therefore, customers in the store absolutely get priority over home shoppers on the phone.

As I said, be happy that you got a person who actually made the time to give you a starting point answer instead of the dreaded ... click.

When I called Best Buy last week to inquire about a price on an item, I was simply told to the staff is busy serving in store customers and that I would need to come into the store and that was after I was on hold for 10 minutes - I was a home shopper and was the lower priority at the time and I completely understand that position because it's the same position at the retailer I work at.

A customer standing in the store has far greater potential for a real sale than a voice on the end of a phone "shopping around".

Welcome to the new world of retail.
    I think you're missing Adri's point. I too would hope the retail salesperson on the other end of the line knows their product, especially something as simple as a "price range".

Maybe Best Buy's a bad example because they hire alot of part-time kids interested in making some extra money on the side (i.e. non-experts), but if I were to call somewhere "specialized" in something, like say Bay Bloor Radio and ask for a general price range on their Grado headphones, I guarantee they will know the ballpark figures.

That's not alot to ask, even on the phone.