Cycleworld Superstore - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Cycleworld Superstore

Re: Cycleworld Superstore

guess it works both ways haha

Quote Originally Posted by Trowa View Post
    I know my post count is low. but I can guarentee you that I'm no Cycle World Employee.
    Has nothing to do with your post count alone. You see, post count + positive review = bad on you. Low or 1 post + negative review = bad on CWSS.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

I stopped by the store this week, they cleaned it up alot compared with last year, on a bad note everthing seems to be size large or bigger

evan-n-cassy

Months later and it's still the same ole Adri with the same ole axe to grind - over and over and over and over and over. That poor dead horse, give him a break Adri. We get it - you don't like Cycle World. They probably don't like you either. So there...sticks and stones...you hate them...they hate you...what's next...crying to your Mommie about it?

And what's with your post count snobbery crap anyway? Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Get a life already and don't worry, we'll bury the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    months later its still all these dudes with low post counts who seem to such great things to say :s

Ha ha ha ...I luv GTAM never rally had a problem with these guys just bought some small parts and a pair of gloves...knew what I neede when I went in apart from the gloves and was out unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by evan-n-cassy View Post
    Months later and it's still the same ole Adri with the same ole axe to grind - over and over and over and over and over. That poor dead horse, give him a break Adri. We get it - you don't like Cycle World. They probably don't like you either. So there...sticks and stones...you hate them...they hate you...what's next...crying to your Mommie about it?

And what's with your post count snobbery crap anyway? Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Get a life already and don't worry, we'll bury the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by evan-n-cassy View Post
    What? You don't find it ironic that 10 of your 11 posts are giving props to cycleworld superstore?

Yes I have an axe to grind with John and I'd NEVER leave my bike with him EVER again. But I've only posted max 20 negative comments about his various businesses out of 980 posts... but you probably don't understand ratios are so I'll drop it....

But you could at least create a single identity online for CWSS, become a site supporter and advertise properly like the other businesses on GTA motorcycle...

It's cute how all these posts disappear until MC season starts...

Quote Originally Posted by B400 View Post
    What? You don't find it ironic that 10 of your 11 posts are giving props to cycleworld superstore?

Yes I have an axe to grind with John and I'd NEVER leave my bike with him EVER again. But I've only posted max 20 negative comments about his various businesses out of 980 posts... but you probably don't understand ratios are so I'll drop it....

But you could at least create a single identity online for CWSS, become a site supporter and advertise properly like the other businesses on GTA motorcycle...

very ironic indeed

check out this thread for what seems to be an affiliation with cycle world
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=73036

Yet again a member with a negative post goes unnoticed by your standards even though their review (- or +) "ratio" on CWSS is 100%. or does it not count when they agree with you.

and this axe seems to make you only apply your rules of proof to those who like this place.

site support seems to be a big thing with you. doesn't make someones post more or less truthful though. site support means nothing. but because it does to you ......... http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?u=20628

cute, i don't think so. more like in response to someones post, in this cases Trinikojak's post. seems to me that if trinikojak posted this in the middle of jan e&v would have responded then and not in spring. but as I said your axe is blinding you.

using your standards of proof I think that trinikojak is you. you dont like cwss, trinikojak doesn't like cwss and has a 100% negative cwss post ratio therefore i've just proven that you are one in the same. Prove me wrong if you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinikojak View Post
    I will never shop at this store again as I felt robbed. They charged me $290 for a tire chage and frame slider install. I brought my tires and the frame sliders. The frame sliders are NO CUT so there's no rocket science. The tech boasted that he can have it all done in an hour yet my bill was for 3. The store that was once a high priority on my list and that I recommended to people will no longer get my money. I will also pass this on to other that I encounter. Sad to know that the store that was once about the sport and the people has now taken the lower road to ripping it's customers off.
    Ride Safe Toronto
    The Motorcycler

Trinikojak

I posted it cause my experience happened in 2008 and while doing taxes came across the receit and remembered the anger. I have also told this to other friends and riders that I have riden with. Should you want me to call and discuss feel free to pm me and I will respond. Aftter posting I was contacted by Keith form CWSS nad I have responded to his emails wanting to know if I was just "ranting."

The forum is here to share. I have shared my experience and though this was mine it does not mean that it'll be the same for someone else's. As one poster said, Sales and Service are 2 differnt departments. My experiences for merchandise sales has been good as stated by others. My Service experience has left me with the WORST taste and will not return for that reason.

My experience does not mena that ALL will have the same but it make awareness for others so that they can be sure that they get a better experience. Quality of service is all we request and maybe it will be achieved if they would listen to the poepl on this form.
    Last edited by Trinikojak; 03-24-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Bought a bike there in the spring. Brought it home and it had a fuel leak. Took it back and they fixed it. Now, I've put 1000 miles on the bike, took in to another garage (very reputable one) for the end of season oil change and I'm told there's a problem with the bearings in the forks or something like that (don’t know the EXACT description.) Point is, the front end thing should not have gone in 1000 miles of riding so that's two things (that I’ve noticed!) that should not have passed safety yet they certified the bike and sold it anyway.

Either they’re crooked or have blind-folded chimps performing the safety’s! These were both obvious problems. I gave them the benefit of the doubt on the fuel leak but now I think they probably know about both problems and are just crooked. They seem to put making a buck ahead of your safety. It was my first bike so I was a bit inexperienced as to what to look for when shopping for a bike but I will certainly never return to Cycleworld!

Pleasant update , good sharing

sorry sgwebb... I dont work for Cycleworld or have any affiliation but you're complaining about a repair on a "used" Bike after 1600 Kilometers of Riding?

You dont think that the problem you have, which you never noticed while riding the bike could have developed while you were riding the bike?? It is impossible for a mechanic to know that in 1600 km's your fork bearings are gonna go... unless you take them apart... but guess what?? a safety inspection does not require you to take out bearings just to see if they are excessively worn. The Mechanic will use his ear and feel to see if any bearing are making noise but if there is no noise or vibration.... its good to go.

It seems to me like they treated you pretty good.

Post Re: Cycleworld Superstore

lol, check out all the cycleworld bashing since 2008~~

here's my part: I had a bad experience at their shop in the recent summer when buying chain lube. I wanted to buy the Belray lube which is white colour and does not fling off when dried. I clearly remember it was the middle aged woman who made the wrong recommandation for me, and she was sooooo certain that it was the right one.

I tried to tell her otherwise but she would not believe me. So i bought the one she recommanded, and tried it right out the door (the orange Belray lube). I showed it to her after and proved her wrong.

End statement, watch out if u shop there! they might not know what the heck they're talking about!!

The one you're looking for is Bel Ray's Super Clean
    It says "Super Clean" on the can and has the yellow "NEW"

The other Bel Ray lube just says "chain lube" and has "New & Improved" in a green star burst thingy.
    STIG 3.0

I'm still trying to figure out where my dang fork bearings are?!

Steering head bearings, perhaps.
    They can be hard to catch when doing a safety as there is a bit of arbitrary call involved. There is no specific measurement to take, unlike tire tread depth or brake pad thickness. It is about feel, mostly.
    If they are notchy , they are toast for sure. Wheelies are hard on S H Bearings, BTW.